Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Pure Havane descontinued? 2020

Hi guys. I can't find this scent. It's so hard to find nowadays. Does anyone knows any news about Pure Havane. It has been discontinued? Now in 2020?

Default Re: Pure Havane descontinued? 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabo View Post
    Hi guys. I can't find this scent. It's so hard to find nowadays. Does anyone knows any news about Pure Havane. It has been discontinued? Now in 2020?
    What are you talking about? It’s available everywhere.
    Spring Wardrobe: H24, Green Irish Tweed, Viking, Allure Homme Edition Blanche, Prada L'Homme, Dior Homme, Acqua di Gio Profumo, Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Cool, New York Intense, The Orchid Man, Fahrenheit, 1962, Carven L'Eau Intense, Beau du Jour, Pear + Olive
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Check the auction sites.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

In late 2019 L'Oreal purchased Mugler and Azzaro brands from the Clarins group so you can expect at least further reformulations - and if you know what L'Oreal has already done to some other fragrances you better buy the lasting stocks now if you enjoy the fragrances.

I personally don't care for Pure Havane or Pure Malt though they are quite popular.
    I found them to be cloying and headache inducing.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    What are you talking about? It’s available everywhere.
    I was going to say the same thing. Maybe depending on where you're from, or if you mean in your local selection?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    In late 2019 L'Oreal purchased Mugler and Azzaro brands from the Clarins group so you can expect at least further reformulations - and if you know what L'Oreal has already done to some other fragrances you better buy the lasting stocks now if you enjoy the fragrances.

I personally don't care for Pure Havane or Pure Malt though they are quite popular.
    Yeah...

Although PH is widely available online, I have noticed that basically all of the others except Pure Malt have been disappearing, most likely discontinued for good. Perhaps it’s not irrational to think that the same has happened to PH, and in a few months it will be gone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. Maybe depending on where you're from, or if you mean in your local selection?
    Right. Locally, maybe it’s drying up.

Something interesting happened recently: I ordered two bottles of Pure Coffee off of eBay and when I got them I noticed that each bottle (still sealed) had a little sticker added to the bottom that said (“Macy’s return label”) and the shipping address on the package I got read “Returns Department”). Based on the way the bottle was still sealed with the typical Mugler stickers on place and the same sort of cellophane they always use, it seemed more likely that these bottles were the result of some kind of recall, much more so than something a customer bought, didn’t like, returned, and was then repackaged. So perhaps all of the Pure’s are being discontinued. If you’re a fan of Malt or Havane, now is probably the best time to buy them.
    Spring Wardrobe: H24, Green Irish Tweed, Viking, Allure Homme Edition Blanche, Prada L'Homme, Dior Homme, Acqua di Gio Profumo, Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Cool, New York Intense, The Orchid Man, Fahrenheit, 1962, Carven L'Eau Intense, Beau du Jour, Pear + Olive

Yeah...

Although PH is widely available online, I have noticed that basically all of the others except Pure Malt have been disappearing, most likely discontinued for good. Perhaps it’s not irrational to think that the same has happened to PH, and in a few months it will be gone as well.

Right. Locally, maybe it’s drying up.

Something interesting happened recently: I ordered two bottles of Pure Coffee off of eBay and when I got them I noticed that each bottle (still sealed) had a little sticker added to the bottom that said (“Macy’s return label”) and the shipping address on the package I got read “Returns Department”). Based on the way the bottle was still sealed with the typical Mugler stickers on place and the same sort of cellophane they always use, it seemed more likely that these bottles were the result of some kind of recall, much more so than something a customer bought, didn’t like, returned, and was then repackaged. So perhaps all of the Pure’s are being discontinued. If you’re a fan of Malt or Havane, now is probably the best time to buy them.
    My local Macy's typically only carries two muglers at a time. Original A-Men, and mugler cologne.

My local Macy's typically only carries two muglers at a time. Original A-Men, and mugler cologne.
    Mine always carried the original, Malt, and Havane. And not too long ago, coffee. But other than the OG, they were never advertised on the counter in any kind of way, just tucked in the shelves under the counter.

Mine always carried the original, Malt, and Havane. And not too long ago, coffee. But other than the OG, they were never advertised on the counter in any kind of way, just tucked in the shelves under the counter.
    If you go back a couple years, mine probably carried it but the past year and a half or so, it's just been the two I mentioned. And yeah, they usually keep them on the shelf behind the sales associates. Mugler cologne had it's own little spot on the counter when it first came out but that was only for a few months.

Saks use to stock Havane, locally, but stopped carrying it about a year ago.

It’s a shame too, if this is the case, and L’ Oreal is cutting the line, or at least all the Pure flankers. I mean if you think about it, like ‘em or not, the A* Men line and its flankers were one of just a very few brands/flagship designer fragrances that were still completely original and different than everything else on the market that was still in production. You have Fahrenheit, Egoiste, maybe John Varvatos, and probably just a few others that really stand out there altogether on their own. Most designers now, you can immediately start drawing lines connecting them to others. You couldn’t do that with the A*Men series and for the sake of creativity it’s a shame they’re getting axed, even if you didn’t love them or had gotten tired of the whole “Pure” concept as soon as the Havane craze was over.

It also could be another reformulation/rebranding cycle leading to temporary shortage. I remember when the Pure line was "discontinued" before (something like 5 years ago) and Malt reached holy grail cult status and ridiculous ebay prices, until it was resurrected with the rest a little later, of course.

It’s a shame too, if this is the case, and L’ Oreal is cutting the line, or at least all the Pure flankers. I mean if you think about it, like ‘em or not, the A* Men line and its flankers were one of just a very few brands/flagship designer fragrances that were still completely original and different than everything else on the market that was still in production. You have Fahrenheit, Egoiste, maybe John Varvatos, and probably just a few others that really stand out there altogether on their own. Most designers now, you can immediately start drawing lines connecting them to others. You couldn’t do that with the A*Men series and for the sake of creativity it’s a shame they’re getting axed, even if you didn’t love them or had gotten tired of the whole “Pure” concept as soon as the Havane craze was over.
    I agree that the A-Man and Pure lineup is worth keeping on the shelves.
    However maybe most of them aren't bestsellers so L'Oreal is discontinuing some. Same with other classics like some of the YSL fragrances (Rive Gauche, M7 Oud Absolu etc.). They also have the Armani Acqua di Gio and Code lineup and I guess it's selling better.

Its available on the Mugler website with a 30% discount currently:
    https://www.muglerusa.com/fragrance/...-80036678.html
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

It's your frog nose. My monkey's one loves Havane and is starting to like Malt.
    I donít understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    It's your frog nose. My monkey's one loves Havane and is starting to like Malt.
    Yeah, I probably need a nose like this to enjoy them:

Proboscis Monkey.jpg

Dependent

Proboscis Monkey.jpg

LOL!!

Proboscis Monkey.jpg

What are you talkin’ bout?

F4B980F8-4276-4ECB-98AD-AA4C5928E44D.jpeg
    I donít understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    What are you talkin’ bout?

F4B980F8-4276-4ECB-98AD-AA4C5928E44D.jpeg
    That was scary. My first thought, looking at that nose, was 'Michael Jackson'.

Pure Malt and Pure Havane are on the Mugler UK site listed as 'best sellers'. My question would be if that's because of the fear of discontinuation. If it is discontinued, that will be another bottle to sell on ebay...

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    That's a good deal, even comparing to discounters.

Dependent

That's a good deal, even comparing to discounters.
    Ooooh! Just checked out that link. That's a really good deal!

Dependent

Reyane Insurrectionn II Wild is almost identical, cheaper, and classy packaging. Many have commented on the similarities between this and Pure Havane.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    Reyane Insurrectionn II Wild is almost identical, cheaper, and classy packaging. Many have commented on the similarities between this and Pure Havane.
    I think it's pretty good. It's more medicinal/herbal and woody than Pure Havane (no A*Men base), which was an emphasis I found interesting.

Of the Pure Havane siblings (Bogart pour Homme and Naxos among them), I find Samba Skin Man the most fun to wear; it's much simpler than Pure Havane, but focuses on the aspects of Pure Havane that I enjoy most.

If this style appeals to you and you're looking for something that sits in the same space but has a distinct identity of its own, there's Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Extreme, which, like Pure Havane, marries cherry and tobacco, but doesn't reproduce or echo the central accord that runs throughout Bogart pour Homme/Pure Havane/Samba Skin Man/Insurrection Wild II/Naxos.

Not Anymore. Out of Stock

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Not anymor. Its out of stock

Not anymor. Its out of stock
    Then go to the lavabo, wash your face with cold water, calm down and wait until it’s in stock again. Or buy some in eBay. There are some clones of it either, even a niche clone (Xerjoff Naxos).

I also found Insurrection II better alternative to Pure Havana, long-standing of the two.

I owned a bottle briefly. Didnt make the cut.
    Smells too sweet and juvenile for my taste.

It's back on the UK site: https://www.mugler.co.uk/fragrance/m...020101013.html

Does anyone know if it's been reformulated?

If not discontinued, would like to at least test if not even get this one including even with any reformulation risk (s)
    Currently wearing: Open by Roger & Gallet

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    It's back on the UK site: https://www.mugler.co.uk/fragrance/m...020101013.html

Does anyone know if it's been reformulated?
    I bought a bottle recently (TK Maxx). I’ve only used it a couple of times but so far performance isn’t particularly impressive. I’ve known worse performers but equally I have many other fragrances that perform better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast