Code of Conduct

Default Dior Sauvage EDT 200ml (Feb 2019 batch) performance

Hey everyone,

I purchased yesterday 200ml Dior Sauvage EDT (Feb2019 batch), I applied around 3 to 4 sprays on my neck and behind ears, but after 5 min i don't even feel that i applied any fragrance. I am so disappointed as I didn't found it as people say about its projection. I smell it if i bring my nose close to the area where i applied if i apply on wrist.

I have attached the pictures as this bottle is undoubtedly genuine.

I dont know whether this is nose blindness or the sauvage edt is no more the same as it used to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dependent

Default Re: Dior Sauvage EDT 200ml (Feb 2019 batch) performance

It's nose blindness. Spraying that many sprays that close to your nose will result in olfactory fatigue. I also doubt that Dior would reformulate Suavage this soon after its release.

Quote Originally Posted by Scents And Sense View Post
    It's nose blindness. Spraying that many sprays that close to your nose will result in olfactory fatigue. I also doubt that Dior would reformulate Suavage this soon after its release.
    Yeah the formula on the box is same i.e 09406/A .

It's nose blindness.
    This most likely

Also I often find brand new bottles take a little time to settle ( dunno - change sin temperature during transit etc)

+1 Apply far away fromnose/face ))

Take a break and come back to it in a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
    This most likely

Also I often find brand new bottles take a little time to settle ( dunno - change sin temperature during transit etc)

+1 Apply far away fromnose/face ))

Take a break and come back to it in a few days

alright.. i thought its re formulated and was disappointed as i purchased 200ml.

Quote Originally Posted by haris1687 View Post
    alright.. i thought its re formulated and was disappointed as i purchased 200ml.
    Where did you buy this from? It's either nose blindness or a bad/phony bottle.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

I have 200 ml bottle. bottle from December 2017 (it is claimed that this is the last batch before it was reformulated).
    The durability of my skin is exceptional 12 hours, maybe more, but a shower follows. The projection lasts at least 4 hours, during which time the aroma literally covers everyone around, a very cheeky, intrusive presence. I also have a 100 ml bottle from 2019, but although the box says the same formula, in practice, the aroma is different. It feels sweeter notes, durability and projection are weaker.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

It's nose blindness.
    Most likely.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Where did you buy this from? It's either nose blindness or a bad/phony bottle.
    I purchased from dubai debenhams... its totally genuine..

Quote Originally Posted by hdbox View Post
    I have 200 ml bottle. bottle from December 2017 (it is claimed that this is the last batch before it was reformulated).
    The durability of my skin is exceptional 12 hours, maybe more, but a shower follows. The projection lasts at least 4 hours, during which time the aroma literally covers everyone around, a very cheeky, intrusive presence. I also have a 100 ml bottle from 2019, but although the box says the same formula, in practice, the aroma is different. It feels sweeter notes, durability and projection are weaker.
    people say that dior sauvage have synthetic ingredients not natural thats why there is no question of reformulation. but as you say that there is difference between 2017 and 2019 juice... it means something is fishy. they definitely reformulated. but what can we do... 2017 and older batches are not anymore in the outlets. will spray more than 4 times then for more good performance.

Don't listen to what people are saying, just compare the two editions of the perfume, and you will find out for yourself what the difference is.
    Synthetic ingredients also cost money. Modern perfumery is built of synthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by hdbox View Post
    Don't listen to what people are saying, just compare the two editions of the perfume, and you will find out for yourself what the difference is.
    Synthetic ingredients also cost money. Modern perfumery is built of synthetics.
    dont have the older batch to compare with will be using this one now. no other option.

Freed from BN Institution

Nose blindeness, nose fatigue, desensitization is likely the case. Sauvage tends to perform quite well as I've smelled it off of others quite often.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

All about the masculines.

Spray your clothes also maybe your skin doesn’t agree with Dior Sauvage EDT it happens, 2-3 sprays on your shirt should be fine.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Nose blindeness, nose fatigue, desensitization is likely the case. Sauvage tends to perform quite well as I've smelled it off of others quite often.
    alrights thanks for your feedback bro

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Spray your clothes also maybe your skin doesn’t agree with Dior Sauvage EDT it happens, 2-3 sprays on your shirt should be fine.
    will try today

I purchased from dubai debenhams... its totally genuine..
    you live in Dubai?

Fake. It even came with a dead bee in the cap.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    you live in Dubai?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Fake. It even came with a dead bee in the cap.
    lol..i didn't purchased online. i got it from debenhams dubai, and one can blindly say that debenhams and sephora products are totally genuine.

All about the masculines.

Has it improved any for you, if not return it and get the EDP it has more depth imo and smells nicer. There is word is has been tweaked (reformulated) since original 2015 release. Unless it’s working for you now in that case enjoy it!
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Has it improved any for you, if not return it and get the EDP it has more depth imo and smells nicer. There is word is has been tweaked (reformulated) since original 2015 release. Unless it’s working for you now in that case enjoy it!
    o yess it was basically nose blindness , got compliments from my friends at work place. and they said they can smell it. so am happy with EDT.

o yess it was basically nose blindness , got compliments from my friends at work place. and they said they can smell it. so am happy with EDT.
    Yes sounded like over-spraying was the issue. I wouldn't expect a 200ml size bottle to be a fake. Too much work involved for the forger!
    How many sprays did you go with in the end?

Basenotes Junkie Alonewithcologne's Avatar

Don't wear it for two weeks. Instead, give the sprayer a good sniff once a day. That will help with nose blindness.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Yes sounded like over-spraying was the issue. I wouldn't expect a 200ml size bottle to be a fake. Too much work involved for the forger!
    How many sprays did you go with in the end?
    now i am doing only 4 sprays ...3 on neck and 1 on chest... no no its nt fake at all..

Quote Originally Posted by Alonewithcologne View Post
    Don't wear it for two weeks. Instead, give the sprayer a good sniff once a day. That will help with nose blindness.
    got it ! thanks

So far never experienced this particular situation with Sauvage (including in EDT concentration and including the one from 2019) but will have to retest this again and notice if the problem persists and/or shows up in the first place.
    At any rate, so far would qualify this fragrance among the ones where performance is one of its more consistently good and impressive aspects, thus would rather agree with the possibility of olfactory fatigue (even at the risk of being likely wrong, due to being maybe too personal/subjective).
    Currently wearing: White Tag by Zara