Code of Conduct

Default ⭐️ Costume National Homme, thoughts

Hello ,

I have not tried Costume National Homme EDP . From what I've read, it's a strong citrus & spices starter mix like Cacharel, and a potent base between Spice Bomb and complexity woods like Egoiste. A difficult fragrance, but great work by Dominique Ropion .

I like notes ... Cinnamon, Clove, Sandalwood and Patchouli - Labdanum (RockRose - Cistus )

I appreciate comments, observations on this fragrance, that is on my list to buy soon, along with Azzaro Pour Homme and Aramis Original.

There are comments about is very strong, but do you think that means aggressive?

Thanks
    Last edited by 1234567890; 13th September 2020 at 02:24 PM.
    My Top Favorites: Guerlain Heritage,Habit Rouge, Zino Davidoff, Amouage Homage Attar, Chanel Pour Monsieur, Creed Bois du Portugal,Knize Ten, Nicolai New York, Caron Pour Homme, Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2012/2017, Dzing!
    Currently wearing: Homage Attar by Amouage

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: ⭐️ Costume National Homme, thoughts

It looks like they are releasing a Parfum version of this. I'll have to try since it's been a while since I've tried the EDP.
    "And I am a weapon of massive consumption
    and its not my fault its how I'm program to function"
    Currently wearing: Tabaceau by Mona di Orio

My SOTD. Happy to have picked up a bottle recently (a week ago!) after having it missing from the collection over the last few years. The citrus is there and there is a zesty brightness there which, despite the resinous qualities, doesn't make this a dark scent at all. Yes, it's potent. It's almost like potpourri, in the best way possible. It wears very much with a "cloud-like" effect with the combination of notes giving it a mint-like edge (I think someone previously, perhaps TSpencer, mentioned it was like candy-caned peppermint which certainly fits the bill and feels "seasonal," e.g. Christmas, in that regard - yet different, too.) It is somewhat thick, definitely full-bodied and with multiple facets to it that seem to reveal themselves over the course of hours. Spicy, resinous, fresh, aromatic with a touch of creamy woods - hard to describe and simply best to be experienced. Looking forward to trying the new parfum version at some point.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by raygsoko View Post
    It looks like they are releasing a Parfum version of this.
    Would like to try this. Just recently posted info on it.

https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...=1#post4995590
    Last edited by hednic; 14th September 2020 at 05:30 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I don't find it difficult or aggressive. It's certainly potent, but it's very smooth, it makes quite an elegant impression. Aramis original, say, is aggressive.

cacio

Don't like Costume National Homme, gave it (**) out of 5: I like Costume National 21 though, gave it (****) out of 5
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I don't find it difficult or aggressive. It's certainly potent, but it's very smooth, it makes quite an elegant impression. Aramis original, say, is aggressive.

cacio
    + 1

Nice fragrance in EDP. Warm, spicy, sweet. Good for a cold, windy fall day,
    Not sure what parfum concentration is going to do, I think its thick enough.
    Here is an advertisement for the new parfum.

tyTdAB6.jpg

143631_img-3414-costume-national-homme-parfum_720.jpg
    My opinions in weblog form: FragranceReviewer.com
    Fragrance Sales: eBay Store | Basenotes
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Fragrance, sensory bliss.

^ I just picked up a bottle of Costume National Homme EDP, this new Parfum sounds interesting I am looking forward to wearing my recent addition and trying this new Parfum!
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Fragrance, sensory bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by 1234567890 View Post
    Hello ,

I have not tried Costume National Homme EDP . From what I've read, it's a strong citrus & spices starter mix like Cacharel, and a potent base between Spice Bomb and complexity woods like Egoiste. A difficult fragrance, but great work by Dominique Ropion .

I like notes ... Cinnamon, Clove, Sandalwood and Patchouli - Labdanum (RockRose - Cistus )

I appreciate comments, observations on this fragrance, that is on my list to buy soon, along with Azzaro Pour Homme and Aramis Original.

There are comments about is very strong, but do you think that means aggressive?

Thanks
    Definitely try Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme it’s my most worn and one of my favorite fragrances next to Ralph Lauren Polo.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

It's a great scent. Strong, spicy. Heavy clove and cinnamon which I like.

I wouldn't call it aggressive, but it's right on the edge of being okay for work.

Very intrigued to hear there is an EdP. edit- never mind, it was always only issued as an EdP.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    ^ I just picked up a bottle of Costume National Homme EDP, this new Parfum sounds interesting I am looking forward to wearing my recent addition and trying this new Parfum!
    Hey let us know what you think.

D'OH edit- the only version of this was always the EdP version....
    Never mind....
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Dependent

I think it's ok. A nice solid fragrance, though it has no "wow" aspect for me.

Basenotes Plus

Hey,

Costume National Homme Eau de Parfum is an elite fragrance in my opinion. One of my favorites. I call it "happiness in a bottle".

For me it smells mostly like mixture of - lavender+mint+camphor, clove, a careful amount of some kind of wood that I can't make out (maybe Cedar?), a touch of cinnamon, very small pinch of nutmeg and a healthy dose of dried trail-mix fruit (some people detect fig in the dried fruit but for me it seems varied). The fragrance is linear/doesn't shift during the duration, it projects well and lasts all day. I think this can work in any season and I've worn it a few times in the hot Vegas Summer. The mint/camphor aspect in this allows it to work in the heat despite that it has spicy/warm elements in it.

This fragrance is a '10'. A very positive smelling scent. It's become one of my favorites in my wardrobe overall.
    Currently wearing: Brut by Faberg

Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    Hey,

Costume National Homme Eau de Parfum is an elite fragrance in my opinion. One of my favorites. I call it "happiness in a bottle".

For me it smells mostly like mixture of - lavender+mint+camphor, clove, a careful amount of some kind of wood that I can't make out (maybe Cedar?), a touch of cinnamon, very small pinch of nutmeg and a healthy dose of dried trail-mix fruit (some people detect fig in the dried fruit but for me it seems varied). The fragrance is linear/doesn't shift during the duration, it projects well and lasts all day. I think this can work in any season and I've worn it a few times in the hot Vegas Summer. The mint/camphor aspect in this allows it to work in the heat despite that it has spicy/warm elements in it.

This fragrance is a '10'. A very positive smelling scent. It's become one of my favorites in my wardrobe overall.
    Well it's not for everybody. One of my favorites too. Think it would have been a oft worn work scent for me. It's a bit on the brash side, but restratined enough I could have gotten away with it.

Kind of PO-ed I have found a lot of great work scents since I retired. Need a job.

Hey,

Hear hear! This one of my absolute favorite scents, with a huge happiness-to-cost ratio. I am really curious to hear how the parfume version wears!
    Current Favorites:
    Invasion Barbare, Costume National Homme, Millesime Imperial, Ganymede, Rehab, Herod, Layton Exclusif, Naxos, Mefisto, Cedrat Boise, Lyric Man, Elysium, Fahrenheit (OG and Le Parfum), Azzaro PH
    Currently wearing: XJ 1861 Naxos by Xerjoff

Quote Originally Posted by SchoolHouseRocky View Post
    Hear hear! This one of my absolute favorite scents, with a huge happiness-to-cost ratio. I am really curious to hear how the parfume version wears!
    It was only ever a perfume version... there was never an EdT. Fooled me too. I was searching for it and saw it was always an EdP.

Quote Originally Posted by SchoolHouseRocky View Post

I think there is a little confusion.

it was always only issued as an EdP, as another colleague has previously mentioned.
    It is the same fragrance and the same liquid ... a single Parfum version from 2009 . There is no EDT original version.

https://www.basenotes.net/ID26131301.html

( oh, i see we posted message at the same time, StylinLA ) Greetings !
    My Top Favorites: Guerlain Heritage,Habit Rouge, Zino Davidoff, Amouage Homage Attar, Chanel Pour Monsieur, Creed Bois du Portugal,Knize Ten, Nicolai New York, Caron Pour Homme, Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2012/2017, Dzing!

Quote Originally Posted by 1234567890 View Post
    I think there is a little confusion.

( oh, i see we posted message at the same time, StylinLA ) Greetings !
    Yes, I can think many of us assume the first issue would always be an EdT followed later by an EdP.

But this has always been EdP. Which makes sense now, it is pretty potent stuff.

You should def sample this. But it WAS one of my favorite all time blind buys.

As a curiosity, de Nose behind Costume National Homme : Dominique Ropion

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Yes, I can think many of us assume the first issue would always be an EdT followed later by an EdP.

But this has always been EdP. Which makes sense now, it is pretty potent stuff.

You should def sample this. But it WAS one of my favorite all time blind buys.

Sure, I will buy without fail.
    It is also not expensive

Blog Entries

I recently received a 4ml sample with a ourchase and have been appreciating its complexity, uniqueness, expert blending and performance. I always had a good regard for it, but now I realise I have slept on a purchase for too long
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator
    Currently wearing: Style by Martine Micallef

I’m not a big fan. After reading so about it I got a large decant on ScentBird. There is part in it me that gets the Spicebomb reference. I just purchased 1899 and like spicy scents for Fall. But the Clove is too much in this. It felt like getting slapped in the face with it. Was disappointed
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    I’m not a big fan. After reading so about it I got a large decant on ScentBird. There is part in it me that gets the Spicebomb reference. I just purchased 1899 and like spicy scents for Fall. But the Clove is too much in this. It felt like getting slapped in the face with it. Was disappointed
    Strange, but I feel the clove is an essential 'booster' effect for the rest of the composition. Gives it a robust, hearty quality. And I think it was carefully used not to be all that noticable. To my nose the clove provided more 'effect' than scent. The clove is layered over as to be a small player in the base. However, I understand some people are more sensitive to clove than others. It's a tricky note to play with in fragrances. When done right it seems to work magic in some of my favorite scents like Spice & Wood, Psychedlic, L'Air du Desert Marocain, Royal Oud (not listed, but my nose tells me it's certainly in there), Shanghai Lily....and I suspect very tiny hints of clove are in Creed Viking (but I could be wrong).
    Currently wearing: Brut by Faberg

When done right it seems to work magic in some of my favorite scents like Spice & Wood, Psychedlic, L'Air du Desert Marocain, Royal Oud (not listed, but my nose tells me it's certainly in there), Shanghai Lily....and I suspect very tiny hints of clove are in Creed Viking (but I could be wrong).
    Clove done right: Penhaligon's Opus 1870.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Love the original EDP version. Didn't realise there was a parfum version due for release. Does anyone know if it has already hit the stores?

I found this one more interesting than likeable.