Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Before I buy another bottle of Petit Matin, what should I sample because it might be even better?

I like Petit Matin a LOT. I wear it a lot, but something keeps it from being an all time favorite. I love the citrus, love the florals, but something in the heart of it gets a bit too thick for a scent that seems like it should be more airy...? ...or something.

To be fair, I'd rate Petit Matin 9 out of 10... but my bottle is starting to run low. Before I buy another, I can't help wondering if there's something sort-of similar that I might like even more. I don't mean a clone though. I'm putting together a list of samples to buy & looking for recommendations.

Is there anything you've smelled that would finish this sentence:
    "If you like Petit Matin, you'll probably love ___________"
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    Endymion
    Rose 31
    Petit Matin
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tabac Rouge
    Reflection Man
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Aqua Universalis
    Terre d'Hermes
    Green Irish Tweed
    Chanel Eau De Cologne
    Pomelo Paradis
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT
    "Live in the moment. Never count on longevity." --Yeasayer

Default Re: Before I buy another bottle of Petit Matin, what should I sample because it might be even better

Histoire This is not a blue bottle 1.6
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Before I buy another bottle of Petit Matin, what should I sample because it might be even better

Knowing how excruciatingly particular you are (saying this as a friend), I don't know if such a thing exists for you. Not that there aren't a dozen other white floral citrus ambrox nu-chypres out there (Xerjoff is probably the only other house at this price range with so many however, finding one without at least one quality in the dry down that comes across off at times might prove impossible.

There seems to just be only so much you can do with citrus and white florals (be it neroli or some combination of muguet, litsea, etc) and that "off" aspect is mostly the fixative extending the fleeting nature of the style and pinning it to skin.

In the old days that was oakmoss, sandalwood, or ambergris each with their own shortcomings (i.e. oakmoss bases taking over the perfume completely once they dry), and stuff like Petit Matin uses ambroxan and some kind of mineral musk which provides that thickness you mention.

I'm not saying give up and settle for more Petit Matin, I'm just saying something that lives in the citruses and florals alone is likely beyond current perfume science, and there will always be some X factor in there to give it the longevity. Castile mostly used white musks and a scrap of oakmoss to this end, which is probably why that one seems to live the most in the "eternal" top and heart notes of the neroli and rose, since white musks are usually smooth and "get out of the way" of what they boost on skin, but also tend to impart some sweetness too

Close as you're gonna get to that dry airy citrus floral vibe maybe without some woodyamber this or ambroxide compound that might be an oldie like Eau de Rochas Homme (1993), which has some kind of interesting myrhh and oakmoss/vetiver thing underneath the lemon/bergamot/lime and light floral heart. It skews more citrus though, like a cologne, and zero neroli/orange blossom.

Keep chasing that white whale!
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Homme de Grès by Grès

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Close as you're gonna get to that dry airy citrus floral vibe maybe without some woodyamber this or ambroxide compound that might be an oldie like Eau de Rochas Homme (1993), which has some kind of interesting myrhh and oakmoss/vetiver thing underneath the lemon/bergamot/lime and light floral heart. It skews more citrus though, like a cologne, and zero neroli/orange blossom.
    I don't mind if recommendations lean more citrus, or more floral. I'm just looking for other top notch things to try before I commit to another bottle of Petit Matin. I need to sample more Xerjoff!

Eau De Rochas has been on my radar for a while, as has Armani Eau Pour Homme. I haven't gotten around to them yet though. I tend to prioritize sampling things that are modern - but I haven't tried them, so maybe they smell modern? Age is but a number.

Ain't that the truth!!! I feel like my wardrobe is 95% complete, and that's made it easier for me to focus my sampling.
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    Endymion
    Rose 31
    Petit Matin
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tabac Rouge
    Reflection Man
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Aqua Universalis
    Terre d'Hermes
    Green Irish Tweed
    Chanel Eau De Cologne
    Pomelo Paradis
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

Have you considered Pure White Cologne? I'm not saying they're the same or hugely similar but they seem to occupy a similar functionality in the fresh citrus florals arena. I enjoy the freshness of Petit Matin but the creamy aspects are sometimes a bit much and this is where I would prefer to reach for PWC. The citrus petitgrain/pear is remarkable. Alternatively if your focus is on the creamier aspects Allure Edition Blanche may be worth a look.
    Currently wearing: Santos by Cartier

Basenotes Member

Areej Grandenia

Dependent

Currently wearing: Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I like Petit Matin a LOT. I wear it a lot, but something keeps it from being an all time favorite. I love the citrus, love the florals, but something in the heart of it gets a bit too thick for a scent that seems like it should be more airy...? ...or something.

To be fair, I'd rate Petit Matin 9 out of 10... but my bottle is starting to run low. Before I buy another, I can't help wondering if there's something sort-of similar that I might like even more. I don't mean a clone though. I'm putting together a list of samples to buy & looking for recommendations.

I bit hesitating, but I'd say Clive Christian XXI Art Deco Cypress.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

To be fair, I'd rate Petit Matin 9 out of 10... but my bottle is starting to run low.
    That would be good enough reason to buy another IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Van Cleef & Arpels - Neroli Amara
    Guerlain - Neroli Outrenoir

Joop Homme

I'm not even joking
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

I went down a lemon rabbit hole some time ago and settled on Chanel Allure Sport Cologne. I also liked Acqua Viva Profumum Roma quite a bit. Personally, I couldn't get past the white florals in Petit Matin though I'm usually a fan of, say, jasmine.
    "No one wants advice - only corroboration." - John Steinbeck
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Xerjoff Nio

Roja Dove Elysium Parfum Homme (not the Parfum Cologne)

James Heeley Zeste de Gingembre (not really in the same group of fragrances but try it anyway)

The Roja Dove is excellent.
    Last edited by Buysblind; 14th September 2020 at 09:07 PM.
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

Jardin d'Amalfi is citrus + floral notes

I don't mind if recommendations lean more citrus, or more floral. I'm just looking for other top notch things to try before I commit to another bottle of Petit Matin. I need to sample more Xerjoff!

Eau De Rochas has been on my radar for a while, as has Armani Eau Pour Homme. I haven't gotten around to them yet though.
    I've been following this thread for a while, but waited for my Petit Matin sample to arrive before commenting. I have now drawn the following conclusions:

- Petit Matin opens with a similar note to Mirto di Panarea (AdP) and MFK's Aqua Universalis/Forte. To me the note smells like myrtle. Gorgeous. I'd be happy if the scent remained like this throughout!
    - The mid has a nice enough lavender note and seems to be quite a commonly used molecule in the MFK range
    - In terms of the dry down, it's pretty much all ambrox. Think Dior Homme 2020 and/or Escentric 02 by Escentric Molecules.

I wouldn't personally go for another bottle unless you know you will go through it - sounds like you're not too sure.

As you have considered Armani Eau Pour Homme, I would go with something like that. It's not overpowering, elegant yet subtle, citrus/floral with a woody dry down. It's doesn't project much but it is there with you.

Trying-out Xerjoff is an excellent idea. You'd be spoilt for choice with their range. Mefisto is very good.

Blog Entries

Knowing how excruciatingly particular you are (saying this as a friend), I don't know if such a thing exists for you. Not that there aren't a dozen other white floral citrus ambrox nu-chypres out there (Xerjoff is probably the only other house at this price range with so many however, finding one without at least one quality in the dry down that comes across off at times might prove impossible.

There seems to just be only so much you can do with citrus and white florals (be it neroli or some combination of muguet, litsea, etc) and that "off" aspect is mostly the fixative extending the fleeting nature of the style and pinning it to skin.

In the old days that was oakmoss, sandalwood, or ambergris each with their own shortcomings (i.e. oakmoss bases taking over the perfume completely once they dry), and stuff like Petit Matin uses ambroxan and some kind of mineral musk which provides that thickness you mention.

I'm not saying give up and settle for more Petit Matin, I'm just saying something that lives in the citruses and florals alone is likely beyond current perfume science, and there will always be some X factor in there to give it the longevity. Castile mostly used white musks and a scrap of oakmoss to this end, which is probably why that one seems to live the most in the "eternal" top and heart notes of the neroli and rose, since white musks are usually smooth and "get out of the way" of what they boost on skin, but also tend to impart some sweetness too

I was thinking Eau de Rochas also. Would certainly save some coin
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator
    Currently wearing: Precious Oud by Mancera

I just tried Petit Malin recently (along with a group of MFK) and it's not really my type of scent, but did seem similar to other recent samples.... I didn't keep notes much just marked as not a buy, but there were a couple from Olympic Orchids that were "in the neighborhood"..... I think it was White Cattleya and African Orchid..... maybe someone who owns these can comment further.....
    Currently wearing: Vanilla Cake by Montale

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NickZee View Post
    I was thinking Eau de Rochas also. Would certainly save some coin
    Does Eau de Rochas smell modern, or does it lean toward vintage? I enjoy some vintage style scents, but they don't suit me at all. Eau Sauvage is a good example. It's a work of art, but it's not me at all.

What about the current Armani Eau Pour Homme & its flankers? Same question.
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    Endymion
    Rose 31
    Petit Matin
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tabac Rouge
    Reflection Man
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Aqua Universalis
    Terre d'Hermes
    Green Irish Tweed
    Chanel Eau De Cologne
    Pomelo Paradis
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

Does Eau de Rochas smell modern, or does it lean toward vintage? I enjoy some vintage style scents, but they don't suit me at all. Eau Sauvage is a good example. It's a work of art, but it's not me at all.

Eau pour homme and Eau Rochas both smell quite vintage and not really comparable to modern Petit Matin. They are too different for me.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Armani Eau pour Homme is definitely classic chypre (aka "vintage") with very lucid old-timey woody mossy underpinnings.

Eau de Rochas Homme came about in 1993, so it uses more aromachemical magic and doesn't rely as much on woody/mossy base structures. It's there, but like a modern perfume, you get the top/heart way longer.

Neither of these are tuned to the key of MFK's futurism/minimalism/avant-garde aesthetic, so if you're looking more for that, maybe Armani Vetiver Babyloné (aka Vetiver d'Hiver) is more what you're after.

Thought about this again... I see Petit Matin has similarities to Dior Homme 2020 and I am actually tempted to try the Dior again.

Blog Entries

Neither of these are tuned to the key of MFK's futurism/minimalism/avant-garde aesthetic, so if you're looking more for that, maybe Armani Vetiver Babyloné (aka Vetiver d'Hiver) is more what you're after.
    To be honest, what I'm really looking for is what an ex of mine referred to as "sneaky-sexy" - a scent that smells fresh in the air but has a base that smells alluring in a warm your-skin-but-better kind of way. Millesime Imperial is a good example of what I don't mean. MI smells so wonderful and fresh in the air, but it leaves behind a meh smell on skin that's supposed to be ambergris, but it's not. I like MI a lot, but if the base was better it would be one of my most worn scents rather than something I only reach for every now and then.

Aqual Universalis is another example in that it smells so nice in the air, but the base is boring and somewhat irrelevant. I love Aqua Universalis, but it's not a scent that bridges the divide between how it smells in the air and the smell it leaves behind on skin, so it's not something I'll ever wear in, shall we say, flirty situations.

It's easier for heavier scents to bridge the divide between how they smell in the air and the smell they leave behind on skin many hours later. Royal Oud: awesome in the air. Awesome smell left behind on skin afterward. 1725 & Tabac Rouge. Same thing. Awesome in the air, awesome smell left behind on skin afterward.

It's harder to find that among freshies, partly because the base of a fresh scent tends to be more for extending the life of the freshness in the air rather than being designed to stand on its own... especially in this Beastmode-Bro era.

I love when a scent smells fresh in the air but leaves behind a wonderful skin scent afterward. I'm looking for more fresh scents that do that. I'd love to find one or two more.
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    Endymion
    Rose 31
    Petit Matin
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tabac Rouge
    Reflection Man
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Aqua Universalis
    Terre d'Hermes
    Green Irish Tweed
    Chanel Eau De Cologne
    Pomelo Paradis
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Thought about this again... I see Petit Matin has similarities to Dior Homme 2020 and I am actually tempted to try the Dior again.
    Ooh, ew, no. No no no. The base of the new Dior Homme 2020 is awful. It's just chemical nonsense to stretch out the life of the citrus. I will give it some credit in that it isn't scratchy or harsh (it's not norlimbanol, for example), but it's bad and it lasts forever and ever minus the amen. Oof.
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    Endymion
    Rose 31
    Petit Matin
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tabac Rouge
    Reflection Man
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Aqua Universalis
    Terre d'Hermes
    Green Irish Tweed
    Chanel Eau De Cologne
    Pomelo Paradis
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

Ooh, ew, no. No no no. The base of the new Dior Homme 2020 is awful. It's just chemical nonsense to stretch out the life of the citrus. I will give it some credit in that it isn't scratchy or harsh (it's not norlimbanol, for example), but it's bad and it lasts forever and ever minus the amen. Oof.
    I did laugh at this post, but Petit Matin has a base of ambrox. About as non-chemical as Tupperware

Blog Entries

I did laugh at this post, but Petit Matin has a base of ambrox. About as non-chemical as Tupperware
    Is ambrox different than ambroxan? I have ambroxan (diluted in alcohol to 10%) and I'm familiar with Molecule 02. I don't get that smell in Petit Matin at all... but people have mentioned it in reviews online, so I'm honestly confused. I get a ton of musk in Petit Matin that's sort of similar to the musk in Chanel Eau De Cologne, but thicker.
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    Endymion
    Rose 31
    Petit Matin
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tabac Rouge
    Reflection Man
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Aqua Universalis
    Terre d'Hermes
    Green Irish Tweed
    Chanel Eau De Cologne
    Pomelo Paradis
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

Is ambrox different than ambroxan? I have ambroxan (diluted in alcohol to 10%) and I'm familiar with Molecule 02. I don't get that smell in Petit Matin at all... but people have mentioned it in reviews online, so I'm honestly confused. I get a ton of musk in Petit Matin that's sort of similar to the musk in Chanel Eau De Cologne, but thicker.
    Supposedly they are the same - I may be referring to it as ambrox which could be an informal shortened version of ambroxan. On the MFK website it's actually mentioned in the note pyramid and even has the trademark (TM) symbol there indicating it is a registered/licensed name.

I get many similarities between Petit Matin and Escentric 02 (which is based on Molecule 02). I've compared the latter to the new Dior Homme, hence my comments above.

You are right though about Petit Matin. There is something else in the base, not just ambrox, and it is in more sensible amounts than many other scents.

Strangely the base of Petit Matin for me is almost a pure ambroxan.

However ambrox(an) is one of the best of modern molecules that doesn't smell of mens gym locker room (Dior Homme 2020 as an example of bad smelling synthetics).

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

To be honest, what I'm really looking for is what an ex of mine referred to as "sneaky-sexy" - a scent that smells fresh in the air but has a base that smells alluring in a warm your-skin-but-better kind of way. Millesime Imperial is a good example of what I don't mean. MI smells so wonderful and fresh in the air, but it leaves behind a meh smell on skin that's supposed to be ambergris, but it's not. I like MI a lot, but if the base was better it would be one of my most worn scents rather than something I only reach for every now and then.

Aqual Universalis is another example in that it smells so nice in the air, but the base is boring and somewhat irrelevant. I love Aqua Universalis, but it's not a scent that bridges the divide between how it smells in the air and the smell it leaves behind on skin, so it's not something I'll ever wear in, shall we say, flirty situations.

It's easier for heavier scents to bridge the divide between how they smell in the air and the smell they leave behind on skin many hours later. Royal Oud: awesome in the air. Awesome smell left behind on skin afterward. 1725 & Tabac Rouge. Same thing. Awesome in the air, awesome smell left behind on skin afterward.

It's harder to find that among freshies, partly because the base of a fresh scent tends to be more for extending the life of the freshness in the air rather than being designed to stand on its own... especially in this Beastmode-Bro era.

I love when a scent smells fresh in the air but leaves behind a wonderful skin scent afterward. I'm looking for more fresh scents that do that. I'd love to find one or two more.
    You might in that case like Xerjoff Mephisto. Nice fresh citrus floral top, sexy white musk dry down, like the base of ck One but way more expensive-smelling.

Supposedly they are the same - I may be referring to it as ambrox which could be an informal shortened version of ambroxan. On the MFK website it's actually mentioned in the note pyramid and even has the trademark (TM) symbol there indicating it is a registered/licensed name.

I get many similarities between Petit Matin and Escentric 02 (which is based on Molecule 02). I've compared the latter to the new Dior Homme, hence my comments above.

You are right though about Petit Matin. There is something else in the base, not just ambrox, and it is in more sensible amounts than many other scents.
    There are brands of synthetic ambrein (the molecule of ambergris) that are all slightly different patented molecules, and all smell a little different. Two on this list are technically woody-ambers but have ambergris olfactive properties and are therefore sometimes used. These are ones I know of and have smelled on their own:

Older ones:

Timberol (sorta like ambroxide + norlimbanol, not used so much these days for ambergris since it's basically a woody-amber)
    Cachalox (first popular ambrein-style molecule. Expensive but realistic. Primary note in Juliette Has a Gun - This Is Not a Perfume)

Newer

Ambroxan (Most popular, more transparent than many, no breathy animalic qualities like real ambergris)
    Ambrox Super (The hulked-out version of ambroxan, very singularly warm and projecting)
    Orcanox (Newer version of Cachalox, sorta inbetween Cachalox and Ambroxan in terms of realism)
    Ambrocenide (like Timberol, another ambrein and woody combo note, so a woody-amber)

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post

However ambrox(an) is one of the best of modern molecules that doesn't smell of mens gym locker room (Dior Homme 2020 as an example of bad smelling synthetics).
    Dior Homme 2020 is an overdose of cashmeran, a synthetic woody-musk first popularly used by houses like Calvin Klein in the late 90's. See Contradiction for Men (1999) for an early use of cashmeran. It's a pleasant note within reason (Kenneth Cole R.S.V.P. from 2006 has a nice cashmeran riff), but when you overdose it like Demachy did in DH2020, it takes on a weird sour fuzzy property.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post

Your interpretation is FASCINATING!!! I've worked with ambroxan and yet, I don't pick it up at all here. Instead, I smell musk musk musk. But, now that I'm paying extra attention to it (I sprayed my arm with Petit Matin before typing my comment above), I detect it, but only because I know it's there. I smell muuuusk plus a tinge of something white, which is the ambroxan. And it's nice. It's fine. If I didn't know it was there, I'd never notice it on its own because, for me, other notes dominate over it.

(I went through a period where I was making my own perfumes. I stopped because it's a money pit and requires the patience of a saint. I still have a ton of ingredients and parts of formulas - none of which could be of any use to anyone but me, especially since I screwed up the math on day one... which is a story for another day).

--- This is where I stopped typing and did something stupid. ---

OH GOOD LORD.

So, you made me dig out my ingredients box and now I'm a big smelly mess. Seriously, I'm glad for quarantine tonight because I reek. Yikes!!! My arms are coated with different musks, plus ambroxan, black agar (love!) and regret. Aahhahahaaaa!!! ...ahem.

Now that I have a direct comparison, I absolutely do smell Ambroxan in Petit Matin, clear as day - but - I'd say Petit Matin's base is 1 part ambroxan to 2 parts musk balanced on whatever other fixatives he's using to extend the life of the scent and to, uhm... fluff it up. I'm just guessing. I don't hate ambroxan, but I don't love it either. It's interestingly complex, actually. To me, it smells white, like sun bleached sand, but there's also something sweet that almost seems like it hovers above the sand. And it's nice except for the coarseness of the sand.
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    Endymion
    Rose 31
    Petit Matin
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tabac Rouge
    Reflection Man
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Aqua Universalis
    Terre d'Hermes
    Green Irish Tweed
    Chanel Eau De Cologne
    Pomelo Paradis
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

There are brands of synthetic ambrein (the molecule of ambergris) that are all slightly different patented molecules, and all smell a little different. Two on this list are technically woody-ambers but have ambergris olfactive properties and are therefore sometimes used. These are ones I know of and have smelled on their own:

Older ones:

Timberol (sorta like ambroxide + norlimbanol, not used so much these days for ambergris since it's basically a woody-amber)
    Cachalox (first popular ambrein-style molecule. Expensive but realistic. Primary note in Juliette Has a Gun - This Is Not a Perfume)

Newer

Ambroxan (Most popular, more transparent than many, no breathy animalic qualities like real ambergris)
    Ambrox Super (The hulked-out version of ambroxan, very singularly warm and projecting)
    Orcanox (Newer version of Cachalox, sorta inbetween Cachalox and Ambroxan in terms of realism)
    Ambrocenide (like Timberol, another ambrein and woody combo note, so a woody-amber)

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for this, ZC. It does help. I knew there were different 'grades' of the molecule, but didn't know the details. In fact I didn't even know there was a cross-over with woody-ambers.

Dior Homme 2020 is an overdose of cashmeran, a synthetic woody-musk first popularly used by houses like Calvin Klein in the late 90's. See Contradiction for Men (1999) for an early use of cashmeran. It's a pleasant note within reason (Kenneth Cole R.S.V.P. from 2006 has a nice cashmeran riff), but when you overdose it like Demachy did in DH2020, it takes on a weird sour fuzzy property.
    Cashmeran. Now that's interesting. I know there's a new Escentric Molecule, no. 5, that recently came out and it's based around this. I have known of the molecule, but had no idea it's what gives the new Dior Homme the "fuzziness" as you said.

Verdict I think is to sample more. A lot more in fact. I need to try DH2020 properly...