Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Tom Ford, Remaking The Same Fragrance, & Tom Ford for Men EDT v Gucci Envy (and Fougere d'Argent

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    A fair point, but it almost goes without saying - I certainly wasn't claiming he's the sole creative mind behind these fragrances. Of course not.
    I didn't quote you when I made the remark, so it wasn't a direct response to your claims. I was just musing out loud about the man and his brand.

Default Re: Tom Ford, Remaking The Same Fragrance, & Tom Ford for Men EDT v Gucci Envy (and Fougere d'Argent

Quote Originally Posted by Foamywax View Post
    He LOVES fragrance. Just finished reading a nice article on the making of ombre leather..
    It's as if he WANTED to be a perfumer.
    Really? Why does he discontinue so many great fragrances of his own? Apparently he only cares about stuff that sells in huge quantities like tobacco vanille, oud wood or neroli portofino. How about the rest? He had lots of gems!

Basenotes Plus

I love Envy, and miss it. I never liked Tom Ford for Men, for some reason.
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood
    Currently wearing: MEM by Bogue Profumo

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Interesting take. You REALLY think this is why he wouldn't fully recreate this scent into his own line?
    It's as good a guess as anyone else's in this thread tbh, but that makes it fun.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Brut by Fabergé

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    It's as good a guess as anyone else's in this thread tbh, but that makes it fun.
    I like it. I thought maybe you had some inside info.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren