Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme parfum 100ml?

What's up guys?! Can anyone comment on Dior Homme Parfum 2020? 100ml bottle? Does it smell the same as the OG and what's is a reasonable price to pay for one? I know this is subjective but I'm curious. Thanks!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Dior Homme parfum 100ml?

I paid $90 (retail) for the original Parfum when it came out in Europe, so maybe 25%-30% above retail?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I paid $90 (retail) for the original Parfum when it came out in Europe, so maybe 25%-30% above retail?
    Yeah. Last year I got a 75ml for $130 but no they're going for $240+!! I've barely used what I have,but just want a back up bottle. I am willing to pay $220 but then again, for that price I can get something that I really want, but have never owned. Maybe I'll stick with BDK Tabac Rose. I have been eyeing this one for a while now!! What would you do Hednic?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by SubZee View Post
    Yeah. Last year I got a 75ml for $130 but no they're going for $240+!! I've barely used what I have,but just want a back up bottle. I am willing to pay $220 but then again, for that price I can get something that I really want, but have never owned. Maybe I'll stick with BDK Tabac Rose. I have been eyeing this one for a while now!! What would you do Hednic?
    I can't tell you what to do, only that whatever you decide, I'm sure you will have thought it over very carefully and chosen what's in your best interests. By the way, Tabac Rose by BDK is very nice,
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

L’Instant De Guerlain

Someone provide a source for USA discounters etc!
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Someone provide a source for USA discounters etc!
    Yes please lmao!!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I can't tell you what to do, only that whatever you decide, I'm sure you will have thought it over very carefully and chosen what's in your best interests. By the way, Tabac Rose by BDK is very nice,
    I appreciate you bro!! It's funny because I'm a bit of an impulse buyer at times and usually, I am happy either way!! We'll see where this one goes.....

The new 100ml is the same formula code.
    I find that this type of fragrance really changes with age, it won't be comparable to an older bottle at first impression.
    My bottle of DHP underwent a dramatic change in the first few months after using, as did my 2019 bottle of DHI.

I’ve been looking to get a 100ml bottle, but so far it has not been available here in Norway. The 75ml bottle was widely available here, so I think it is a bit strange. I guess I just have to wait and see.

I have two 75ml bottles from before, but I really want to try the 100ml for myself, and you can never really have too much Dior Homme Parfum anyway.

I've looked for DIOR HOMME PARFUM since early summer in USA with little luck. I made a swap for it and the package got porch pirated (the horror!).

It seems that it is still sold in Europe and not in US. When I have found it in US, it's been at gouging prices.

Personally, I have just opted that I have and love the original DIOR HOMME and the INTENSE version and can live without the PARFUM version. We all get to pick our priorities.

It's your own money and you have your own experience with the PARFUM version. You decide if it is so good as to pay a premium and be needed along with the other two versions.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.
    Currently wearing: Rose 31 by Le Labo

Quote Originally Posted by SubZee View Post
    What's up guys?! Can anyone comment on Dior Homme Parfum 2020? 100ml bottle? Does it smell the same as the OG and what's is a reasonable price to pay for one? I know this is subjective but I'm curious. Thanks!
    I'm a bit confused. You're calling it DIOR HOMME PARFUM 2020. The only DIOR HOMME PARFUM I know of is based on the original version and smells similar/related to it. But you're also implying you already have a bottle, so should know how it smells.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.
    Currently wearing: Rose 31 by Le Labo

Paid $120 last year for 75ml, it's totally beast mode don't see myself finish it in this lifetime since i have to rotate over 100 different ones