Code of Conduct

Default Dior Lucky = MFK Aqua Universalis Forte

Got some splits recently, most different sources, but these two smell almost identical to my nose. Is that the case, or maybe my splits got mixed up? Sprayed one on each hand, and i really cant tell the difference...

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Dior Lucky = MFK Aqua Universalis Forte

Own both but they smell different to me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dior Lucky is a lily of the valley, sort of like a cleaned up version of Diorissimo, and I don't get that from Aqua universalis forte,which is a clean musk. But both are simple, clean, and fresh. I have not compared the drydown-perhaps that's what's similar.

Dependent

They smell really different imo. Maybe your nose was exhausted from exploring all of the new samples?

Basenotes Member

I used Dior Lucky as my everyday scent last summer. They don't smell similar at all. Although they both have that "clean" smell.

Not to me.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.
    Currently wearing: cK be by Calvin Klein

everyday i'm samplin'

They are both ultra clean white florals. But the Lucky is lily if the valley centric. Im a fan of both brands. If asked Id say I prefer Lucky of the 2.

Edit: i should have said, Not the same, but similar. Defenitly smell different, but both white florals.
    Last edited by notspendingamillion; 20th September 2020 at 01:26 AM.
    I smell.

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Might be connecting lily of the valley in both of them.

I haven’t smelled the Dior, but if you’re sensitive to the note even a little bit can stick out and feel quite prominent.
    I couldn’t wear either Acqua Universalis or Forte because of the lily of the valley.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by Scents And Sense View Post
    They smell really different imo. Maybe your nose was exhausted from exploring all of the new samples?
    Nope. Got lucky way earlier in the year. Didnt like it, smells too feminine and quirky for my style, then got a new of splits like 2 weeks ago. Gave a first quick sniff at them and first impression for MFK was damn did i get dior lucky again, that smells wrong. And yesterday, without sampling anything, i did these test where as i said i spreyed one on each hand. Lucky on the left, MFK on the right. Couldnt tell them apart.

So if theyre easily distinguishable as you say, i either get my split mixed up, (And dont know which one is, maybe i go MFK when i firsts ordered, or now they shipped lucky), or as you say maybe i'm picking up on a common note and blocking the others, thinking its the same

And thing is, in my Country due to Quarantine rules, you cant smell testers in stores any more. Cause i got a big department store with MFK stand, so i could do a smell test and see if MFK smelled right from an oficial sale point

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Dior Lucky is a lily of the valley, sort of like a cleaned up version of Diorissimo, and I don't get that from Aqua universalis forte,which is a clean musk. But both are simple, clean, and fresh. I have not compared the drydown-perhaps that's what's similar.
    Acqua Universalis Forte is a lily-of-the valley fragrance on a musk base.
    So they both are about the lily-of-the-valley, but a bit different in terms of execution.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

everyday i'm samplin'

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Acqua Universalis Forte is a lily-of-the valley fragrance on a musk base.
    So they both are about the lily-of-the-valley, but a bit different in terms of execution.
    I guess its been a while since I've tried Univeralis Forte, and I've never tried the original. I remembered it as a melange of white florals instead of Lily, but I think my nose has gotten better at picking out flowers, so maybe I need to try it again. Yeah, clean white floral musks. Aqua Universalis is like a much better CK One, niche version
    I smell.