Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    Default Dior eau Sauvage parfum, which box is the new formula?

    I have used the classic Dior eau Sauvage edt( clear bottle, silver ribbon around and a white box) for a long time. Now I want to try the new formula (clear bottle, black/silver ribbon and black top, greenish liquid) as attached.
    I have asked different shops as I cannot buy it in a shop here in DK. Some told me I should go for the white box and others the black box. I'm confused now. I want the newest formula but not to be mistaken for the complete new Sauvage with Johnny Deep.
    I asked the question direct to Dior but their costumer service sucked and told me that the new formula was the one with Johnny Deep!.
    I really hope someone in here can help me out.

    Best regards

    Chris

    Skærmbillede 2020-09-20 kl. 14.04.14.jpg

  2. #2
    everyday i'm samplin'
    notspendingamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Middleof, Nowhere
    Posts
    2,445

    Default Re: Dior eau Sauvage parfum, which box is the new formula?

    Both of those will be Eau Sauvage Parfum. The Eau Sauvage Parfum, or ESP for short, has two different formulations. It was first released in 2011, that will have a black box, black ribbon, and black metal plate. It was discontinued, and rereleased in 2017. That version has a white box, black ribbon, and grey metal plate.

    2017




    2012



    Both of those are good. They are not the Johnny Depp fragrance.
    Last edited by notspendingamillion; 20th September 2020 at 03:33 PM.
    I smell.
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

  3. #3
    Heaven's made of oakmoss
    Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,928

    Default Re: Dior eau Sauvage parfum, which box is the new formula?

    Quote Originally Posted by swoop77 View Post
    I have used the classic Dior eau Sauvage edt( clear bottle, silver ribbon around and a white box) for a long time. Now I want to try the new formula (clear bottle, black/silver ribbon and black top, greenish liquid) as attached.
    I have asked different shops as I cannot buy it in a shop here in DK. Some told me I should go for the white box and others the black box. I'm confused now. I want the newest formula but not to be mistaken for the complete new Sauvage with Johnny Deep.
    I asked the question direct to Dior but their costumer service sucked and told me that the new formula was the one with Johnny Deep!.
    I really hope someone in here can help me out.

    Best regards

    Chris

    Skærmbillede 2020-09-20 kl. 14.04.14.jpg
    Det er den hvide box du skal ha fat på, Chris, da det er ES Parfum 2017.
    https://www.parfumdreams.dk/DIOR/Duf...BoCPpwQAvD_BwE
    The white box is the one you're looking for
    Martin
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!

  4. #4
    Basenotes Plus
    speckmann0706's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,553

    Default Re: Dior eau Sauvage parfum, which box is the new formula?

    Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    Both of those will be Eau Sauvage Parfum. The Eau Sauvage Parfum, or ESP for short, has two different formulations. It was first released in 2011, that will have a black box, black ribbon, and black metal plate. It was discontinued, and rereleased in 2017. That version has a white box, black ribbon, and grey metal plate.





    Both of those are good. They are not the Johnny Depp fragrance.
    The top one 2017 is still somewhat easy to find and is still good but uses more citruses throughout it still performs like a beast. The bottom one is heavenly and is all about the Myrrh, it has long been discontinued and harder to find. It’s one of the best Dior fragrances created ever IMO, very classy stuff and smells divine.

  5. #5
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    325,506

    Default Re: Dior eau Sauvage parfum, which box is the new formula?

    Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    Both of those are good.
    Agree. Can't lose with either.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Dior eau Sauvage parfum, which box is the new formula?

    Sweet.
    Thanks for the answers.
    Sound like I'm going for either and I'll try to get hands on both.
    I do find it strange that Dior on their homepage, advertise for the parfum next to the black box which as you guys tell me, is the old version?.

  7. #7
    everyday i'm samplin'
    notspendingamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Middleof, Nowhere
    Posts
    2,445

    Default Re: Dior eau Sauvage parfum, which box is the new formula?

    Quote Originally Posted by swoop77 View Post
    Sweet.
    Thanks for the answers.
    Sound like I'm going for either and I'll try to get hands on both.
    I do find it strange that Dior on their homepage, advertise for the parfum next to the black box which as you guys tell me, is the old version?.
    I dont see Eau Sauvage Parfum on the US Dior website. You gotta buy it from a different store. In the usa, if you see a taller black box it may be Sauvage Parfum. Make sure it says Eau before it.


    Only place i could find it at the moment was ebay and overseas.
    https://www.selfridges.com/US/en/cat...46-F089622009/
    I smell.
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

  8. #8
    Heaven's made of oakmoss
    Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,928

    Default Re: Dior eau Sauvage parfum, which box is the new formula?

    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!

  9. #9
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    9,868

    Default Re: Dior eau Sauvage parfum, which box is the new formula?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    Why isn't it accepting my phone number? Too many digits?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  10. #10
    Heaven's made of oakmoss
    Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,928

    Default Re: Dior eau Sauvage parfum, which box is the new formula?

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Why isn't it accepting my phone number? Too many digits?
    Have you included the country/area code for the US? If it won't work, send me a PM.
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!

  11. #11
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    9,868

    Default Re: Dior eau Sauvage parfum, which box is the new formula?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    Have you included the country/area code for the US? If it won't work, send me a PM.
    I included the area code, of course.
    It also doesn't change the currency over but I can look that up easily.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  12. #12

    Default Re: Dior eau Sauvage parfum, which box is the new formula?

    There’s no information regarding which edition(2011/2017) from the site you refer to?. Have you ordered from this place yourself?.


    Har du selv handlet derfra og ved du i så fald hvilken af formlerne man køber?.

  13. #13
    Heaven's made of oakmoss
    Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,928

    Default Re: Dior eau Sauvage parfum, which box is the new formula?

    Quote Originally Posted by swoop77 View Post
    There’s no information regarding which edition(2011/2017) from the site you refer to?. Have you ordered from this place yourself?.


    Har du selv handlet derfra og ved du i så fald hvilken af formlerne man køber?.
    Har jeg. Det er 2017-versionen. It's all good
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Dior eau Sauvage parfum, which box is the new formula?

    Does anyone know where to buy the old 2012 edition online?. I really want to try it out since this myth seems so hard to get . It seems none sells it anymore?




Similar Threads

  1. Eau sauvage parfum vintage formula for the cheapest ever!
    By scrizzFX in forum Items for Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th July 2019, 05:24 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12th May 2018, 05:18 PM
  3. Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme & Eau Sauvage Parfum
    By lucasai in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13th September 2012, 03:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000