Code of Conduct

Default Might Be Time To Stock Up On Creed

New information coming out from Creed Sales Associate. After the sale of Creed to Blackrock these are some of the changes already instituted. No longer are Creed Associates to tell the made up backstory being fragrances. Examples being how Bois du Portugal was the scent of the Rat Pack or alternatively Frank Sinatra, Tabarome being the scent of Winston Churchhill, those are the only two I know off hand but you get the point. Another is their Acqua Originale line is getting four new fragrances added, along with a remake of the bottles. Apparently the bottles are going to be much more colorful with color gradient. These changes themselves aren't significant to the mainline, but with the recent dumping of certain Creed scents on he grey market, along with the fact it seems that Creed is looking to get a facelift I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years Creed looks way different.

Creed-Logo.jpg

Default Re: Might Be Time To Stock Up On Creed

Thanks for the info.

Basenotes Plus

Ahhh Blackrock, that well known expert in perfumes and fragrances. So glad to have Creed under their stewardship.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Already purchased one of the new Acqua Originale scents, the only one that was a truly new scent - Green Neroli. The others already existed formerly.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldWineMemories View Post
    No longer are Creed Associates to tell the made up backstory being fragrances.
    That, at least, sounds like a good thing.

I think the time to stock up on Creed fragrances was about 6 years ago. Back when they smelled like they should and prices were more in line with the quality of the fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    That, at least, sounds like a good thing.
    I agree that aspect of Creed was always distasteful to me.

Dependent

Very interesting news.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    I think the time to stock up on Creed fragrances was about 6 years ago. Back when they smelled like they should and prices were more in line with the quality of the fragrance.
    Totally agree with this and as it happens it is about six years since I purchased my last Creed.
    Currently wearing: Tabacaurum by Sultan Pasha

Basenotes Plus

Only ones I want to grab more of is Original Vetiver and maybe Spice & Wood. Re: BS backstory, that’s a predictable development given the proliferation of ‘fake news’. New and younger audience don’t give a sh!+ about who used to wear a Creed. Most don’t even know who the Brat Pack were nor would they even care to know.

Now we just wait for the release of Creed Blackrock 2020...

Basenotes Plus

Thankfully I never fully bonded with any Creeds, otherwise it would be heart wrenching for me hehe. Quality fragrances none the less, if I get an itch I can always get a few decants. Hopefully Creed still provides quality product for many many years from now even with new ownership.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

I've never felt strongly about any Creed other than Bois du Portugal which is nice. I have friends who enjoy a few though so hopefully those stay.

Quote Originally Posted by HabibiGotIt View Post
    Ahhh Blackrock, that well known expert in perfumes and fragrances. So glad to have Creed under their stewardship.
    Who is ‘Blackrock’?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Already purchased one of the new Acqua Originale scents, the only one that was a truly new scent - Green Neroli. The others already existed formerly.
    I'm curious... How did you like it? How did you think it compared to the pre-Blackrock scents? I know it's only one scent, but do you think you are going to be interested in seeing what direction Creed is going to be taking?

Freed from BN Institution

The quality of Creed scents have been in decline for so many years, I consider them being dead for the last 10 years or so. Their heyday came and went. The Private Collection and EDT bottles were great gems.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    The quality of Creed scents have been in decline for so many years, I consider them being dead for the last 10 years or so. Their heyday came and went. The Private Collection and EDT bottles were great gems.
    Do you wear any from the last 10 years or do you stick solely to vintages?

Quote Originally Posted by D.McDutchface View Post
    I'm curious... How did you like it? How did you think it compared to the pre-Blackrock scents? I know it's only one scent, but do you think you are going to be interested in seeing what direction Creed is going to be taking?
    It's on it way from Europe. Should arrive on Tuesday and I'll post my impressions when it arrives.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by LG25 View Post
    Who is ‘Blackrock’?
    Their new corporate owners I believe.

Ha! Wearing BOIS DU PORTUGAL right now.

Adios to JFK, Frank Sinatra, Cary Grant, Winston Churchill, the Duke of Windsor, etc etc

No more stories will be fine. Most of their scents are good enough without the load of crap.
    From the first time I tried Creed back in mid 90s, I never put any creedance any to any of those stories.
    I count basic math as a part of my skill set. Cary Grant was 80 when GIT was introduced. Frank Sinatra was 72 when BdP came out.
    Those guys didn't make GIT and BdP "must have" to me. But I also never ran into any Creed reps trying to shovel that celeb drivel down my throat.

I think we've all become accustomed to the Creed bottles, but they can honestly be improved.
    To those who know and have bought Creed for years, the design is known and trusted. But to attract new customers, a change could be in order.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    Do you wear any from the last 10 years or do you stick solely to vintages?
    All of my bottles are at least nearly 10 years old, newest ones are from 2011. I have no plans on purchasing newer stuff.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

At some point I want to get Royal Oud, a backup of Green Irish Tweed, maybe Aventus and Original Vetiver. But I'm in not hurry to do so.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Quote Originally Posted by LG25 View Post
    Who is ‘Blackrock’?
    an investment company

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    All of my bottles are at least nearly 10 years old, newest ones are from 2011. I have no plans on purchasing newer stuff.
    Do you suspect that vintage Creeds will run dry in the market anytime soon? I know you of all people are prepared. I will probably consider buying older batches in the future if possible, particularly Green Irish Tweed, but I am in no hurry to do so at the moment.

Yet another thanks for the info-will asap take into consideration the possibilities of stocking up on these

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    It's on it way from Europe. Should arrive on Tuesday and I'll post my impressions when it arrives.
    Thanks, looking forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Adios to JFK, Frank Sinatra, Cary Grant, Winston Churchill, the Duke of Windsor, etc etc

Most of their scents are good enough without the load of crap.
    I have to admit used to get a small satisfaction wearing a Truzzi shirt, especially linen ones.... But bought it without any sales person hype and same thing, it's nice enough without the history whether true or not....
    Currently wearing: Déclaration by Cartier

My family has been stocking Creed since 1760.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.
    Currently wearing: Individuel by Montblanc

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    Do you suspect that vintage Creeds will run dry in the market anytime soon? I know you of all people are prepared. I will probably consider buying older batches in the future if possible, particularly Green Irish Tweed, but I am in no hurry to do so at the moment.
    They show up from time to time but quite often they will come with premiums. I'd suggest getting started now rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    My family has been stocking Creed since 1760.