Code of Conduct

Default anyone have perfumes seized by CBSA/Canada post when ordering to canada?

I have heard of people importing some frags to Canada and very rarely the CBSA/Canada post will seize the package. Usually it just goes thru or worse case you pay duty. So I have ordered perfumes from usa and international for the past few years and have never had a problem. However I right now have a package coming with like 8 bottles of perfume coming from overseas with a value of $500 euro. I checked tracking and a few days ago it said "item has arrived in canada and will be presented for review" and then a few minutes later it said "item released by customs and is now with canada post for processing"

so these two steps are usually always the same, when it reaches customs it says a message about that and then once it leaves customs it says a message regarding that.

however it has been 3 days already and the latest tracking update still says "item was released by customs and is now with canada post for processing"
    in the past for my other packages it would usually say processed by now in whichever city or tbh it would already be delivered the next day.

i know covid 19 and it being very busy will be to blame but i have ordered lots of perfume like this during covid from april to august and i received them all within 1-2 days after they cleared customs

so i am kinda nervous regarding this.

my question is for anyone who has had there perfume seized into canada, do you remember what the tracking said before and when you got the letter saying it was seized?
    i am hoping mine isnt seized and i havent recieved a letter or any bad news in the mail yet but usualty what happens when they get seized and by my research is that cbsa hands the package to canada post for disposal. so like i am wondering if that could be correlated to the fact that customs handed my package to canada post but canada post hasnt "processed" the item since then or hasnt moved it along in transit.

thanks!

Default Re: anyone have perfumes seized by CBSA/Canada post when ordering to canada?

I've never had a package seized and I've purchased from the U.S, plenty over the years. So I can't help you with what tracking would say. I can tell you however that I've had very inconsistent service through Canada Post, so the delay you're describing is not unusual based on my experience. I once ordered clothing from a retailer in Pennsylvania that arrived in Canada three days later, and was delivered to me 30 DAYS after that.

Default Re: anyone have perfumes seized by CBSA/Canada post when ordering to canada?

Its just a delay, i had a package 1 week in that state.

i guess all i can do is wait ahah

Basenotes Plus

I can tell you that UPS' tracking system isn't transparent and isn't very honest. I bought some frags from a fellow Basenoter here a few months ago, and he shipped with them. I tracked it across the U.S. from the east coast and across the border into Manitoba. It then appeared to travel to a town very close to me...and was then apparently sent back to its point of origin. I was apoplectic, and spoke with manager after manager...only to be told, ultimately, that the tracking system shows the customer the "anticipated" route of an item and point at which it was expected to be -- it's not based upon real data. Sure enough, the item was delivered a few days later (to a house down the street, and I had to track that down myself).
    Currently wearing: Oceania by Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    Its just a delay, i had a package 1 week in that state.

ahh kk thanks i hope so
    ive had tons of packages in the state of "item arrived and presented for review" or something along the lines that its with customs like ive had packages stay for a week like that as well
    but ive never had it that it leaves customs and says "is now with cnaada post for processing" and hasnt been scanned or processed. that part is just odd for me and kinda scares me because it sounds like it means "handed over to canada post to dispose" since they havent scanned it at all anywhere. like it usually would say "item processed missisauga or item processed montreal" by now but it hasnt

i guess ill find out in a few days ahah