Code of Conduct

Default Is my office pretty much just going to smell like lawn clippings forever?

So a wooden desk, some drywall, and a 30mL bottle of Cis-3-Hexenol walk into a bar.

Wait, rewind.

NanashiSaito walks into a bar. Well, he walks into his garage, and drinks a few beers while he pretends to be interested in the chalk "art" his children are making in the driveway. (Spoiler alert: young children are terrible at drawing).

It's weird to talk in the third person, so I'll stop. So I'm working on this orangey, green, vanilla-y creation for a room spray for my niece and-- you know what? Fuck it- there's no need for pointless exposition.

I spilled half a bottle of Cis-3-Hexenol all over my desk, which is up against a wall. I have a roll of paper towels on hand for this very eventuality, so I sopped it all up, except the pool of stench-liquid spread all the way to the wall where the drywall dutifully lapped up as much of it as possible like some sort of demon sponge.

My office now smells like I mowed every lawn that ever was or ever will be. Like I ran a lawnmower across the Platonic ideal of Lawn, except instead of shadows on the wall of the cave, I've got leaf alcohol in the drywall of my office.

Is there anything I can do to mitigate this fresh, bright, green fiasco? Or should I just be like Dr. Strangelove and learn to stop worrying and love the smell-bomb?

Default Re: Is my office pretty much just going to smell like lawn clippings forever?

Just love the smell bomb.....embrace it....it's now a new family member.
    ...bathing in perfumes...
    ► Follow my perfumery journey on Youtube

Default Re: Is my office pretty much just going to smell like lawn clippings forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Bkkorn View Post
    Just love the smell bomb.....embrace it....it's now a new family member.
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end, yeah.
    I know who I want to take me home
    Take me home.

solve it as if something damaged drywall...
    cut out that section of sheetrock, mud and tape new section in place, match texture if applicable, paint
    super easy
    can do it while drinking beer and while admiring chalk art...
    can do all three simultaneously

Basenotes Plus

If you don't want to cut and replace the drywall, you can heat it with a heatlamp, and try to dry it out, but, there will likely be an odor there for quite awhile. That gypsum has captured the scent quite nicely.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Wipe with alcohol a few times, and ull take larger part of smell out. Then, over time, remaining smell will be gone without the need to cut the wall out.

Alternately, spill other oils in various amounts till u make a smell ull enjoy over time

Luckily that stuff is a top note, so with proper ventilation, it'll probably go away.. sometime. In the meantime, as the saying goes..

"If you can't smell the one you love, love the smell that got sucked into your drywall."

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Luckily that stuff is a top note, so with proper ventilation, it'll probably go away.. sometime. In the meantime, as the saying goes..

"If you can't smell the one you love, love the smell that got sucked into your drywall."
    The timeless wisdom of Stephen Stills will never age a day, in my book.

Your post made me laugh so hard and spouse even harder. Great writing. Laugh with you!

Hey it's a pandemic. Get a nonpourous desk, shelf or wall covering, replace the drywall, add ventilation. Since spills do happen from personal experience buy small bowls and clips to put bottles and vials in to prevent that.