Code of Conduct

Default Any idea on what top notes are used in Ateliers Gold Leather or Bryedo?

I am working on a scent that is focused on the top notes. I like Ateliers Gold Leather top notes and I am trying to build something similar. I get a similar note from the Bryedo line especially Bal d'Afrique and Accord Oud.

The note break down points to some berryish fruit note. Gold Leather lists plum, Bal d'Afrique lists black currant and Oud Accord lists black berry.

To my nose it is some sort of damascone mixed in with something else. In gold leather I think it has Safraleine and Ethyl Safranate, but that is only like 20-30%. The top notes in the above listed perfumes last for around 30 mins to an hour. My combinations with Safraleine and Ethyl Safranate seem to last only minutes. I do not think the contributing factor is Beta or Alpha Damascone, tried those but they were wrong. It is also not Raspberry Ketone contributing to the top in anyway. Again tried that but it did not work either.

Any ideas on what aroma chems can contributes a sparkly ephemeral top note that is a fantasy fruit note in the berry direction?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Any idea on what top notes are used in Ateliers Gold Leather or Bryedo?

Quote Originally Posted by needaname View Post
    sparkly ephemeral top note that is a fantasy fruit note in the berry direction?
    Several butyrates that are not readily sold at our normal suppliers.

wow, lots of discussion about topnotes...
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Default Re: Any idea on what top notes are used in Ateliers Gold Leather or Bryedo?

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    Several butyrates that are not readily sold at our normal suppliers.

wow, lots of discussion about topnotes...
    Thanks for that info and you are right as usual, even my local suppliers do not have any butyrates listed at all. Will have to do some research and ask them and see if I can source it in reasonable quantities.

I am beginning to realize top notes might be a lot harder than the rest of the perfume but that just might be because my top note selection is heavily biased towards citruses and I really do not have anything else.