Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Mount Romance Sandalwood Body Splash

Anyone own this one or familiar with it? It's not available in the US (Australia). It seems like it might be a very linear simple sandalwood - but I happen to like those. I just wonder how the quality is. There seems to be a couple of bottle designs...

"A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood
    Currently wearing: Moustache by Rochas

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Default Re: Mount Romance Sandalwood Body Splash

I havenít tried it. The bottle change is probably due to them rebranding where they stopped using Mt. Romance (I think they started just calling themselves the Sandalwood Shop). The product description makes it sound like straight Australian sandalwood rather than santalum album.
    Never tried it. The only thing Iíve ever bought from them was some santalum album essential oil.

Ive been tempted to try this myself. Not keen to pay $10 for domestic shipping which makes the product 25% more expensive. I might wait for a sale or coupon.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    I haven’t tried it. The bottle change is probably due to them rebranding where they stopped using Mt. Romance (I think they started just calling themselves the Sandalwood Shop). The product description makes it sound like straight Australian sandalwood rather than santalum album.
    Never tried it. The only thing I’ve ever bought from them was some santalum album essential oil.

Ive been tempted to try this myself. Not keen to pay $10 for domestic shipping which makes the product 25% more expensive. I might wait for a sale or coupon.
    Good point on the straight-Aussie vs santalum album. Didn't even think of that.

Same, for me, on the high shipping rates. It's not like I'm low on sandalwood-prominent scents in my Wardrobe lol.
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Interesting .... according to their website the fragrance Santal Spirit was created by Bertrand Duchaufour.
    Currently wearing: Kyara by Di Ser

Dependent

The second bottle (especially the cap) looks a lot like a Ormonde Jayne bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    The only thing Iíve ever bought from them was some santalum album essential oil.
    What did you think of it? If you're familiar with Dabur s. album oil how does it compare/contrast?

Ever since this 2013 BN feature on santalum album grown in northern OZ, I've been interested in tracking developments and have received sporadic emails from the original grower TFS Corp., which changed to Quintis in 2017 I believe, and the retail efforts through Mt. Romance and more recently through The Sandalwood Shop.

Santal Spirit --> S. album
    Body Splash --> S. spicatum
    Never smelled, nor the oil, which at $90/5ml is still surprisingly expensive, to me at least.
    Wanna Shop? --> Buzier's Sales

MY TOP SHELF: Azzaro pH, Bel Ami, Blackbird, Blend 30, Cuba, Davidoff '84, Derby, Edition, Equipage, Jules, Knize Ten, Kouros, Leather Oud, Puredistance M, Santal Noble, Tribute Attar, Yatagan
    Currently wearing: Davidoff by Davidoff

Basenotes Plus

Ah so this Body Splash is not santalum...thanks!

-- D. Elton Trueblood