Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Monday, 19th October, 2020

Scent of the Day Thread for Monday, 19th October, 2020

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Sunday, 18th October, 2020 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Sunday, 18th October, 2020 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Azhaar by Rasasi

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Monday, 19th October, 2020

No. 1 15th Year by Clive Christian

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

Happy late 15th BN Anniversary (October 18th) Shycat

Going with Chanel Antaeus today
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Greetings, Perfumed People. This weekend I returned home after 24 days in the hospital following a heart attack and a quadruple cardiac bypass surgery (whimsically referred to by the medical staff as a "cabbage": Cardiac Artery Bypass Graft).

It is every bit as miserable as it sounds, and maybe more so. I do not recommend it. There's sooo much I could complain about, from the hospital food to the massive scars, but it does seem churlish to do so in light of that whole saving-my-life thing. However, everyone around me assures me I'll be back to 100% in 4 to 6 months, and I'm choosing to believe them. That is, unless the American election in two weeks manages to accomplish what the heart attack could not.

I have two different bits of wisdom to share: First -- women, do not think that because you're not having chest pain or pressure, you're not having a heart attack. I had zero pain, just a horrible inability to breathe. I convinced myself I was having a panic attack and dithered for 4 hours before calling the ambulance, which cost me further damage to the heart. Just look up "women and heart attacks" to see all the ways their symptoms can vary from men's.

Second -- When you're making plans for the people in your real life to handle things in case of emergency, also plan to make someone your Digital Executor. I hadn't really thought about the fact that I have online friends in far-flung places who have become as dear to me as the people around me, and the whole 5 days I was in the ICU, I couldn't stop worrying that if I died some of those people would never know what happened, and would only experience my disappearance. I immediately made a list of people for a trusted friend to contact in the event I should die or become severely incapacitated, and I'm urging my online friends to do the same.

I did have some perfume brought to me in the hospital with my first delivery of toiletries, and I chose Osmanthe Yunnan because of its serene nature. The occasional tiny wrist spray was a comfort among all the horrible medicinal and plastic smells. Now, at home, almost everything smells too strong so I'm easing back into it with a light dab of Dune.

I scanned back through a few SOTD threads to see if there was news about Quarry's condition, but didn't see anything. Can someone bring me up to date on how she's doing?

Basenotes Plus

Cook.bot

I've been wearing Eau d'Hermes for the past 11 days now. I guess I can switch over to Sycomore EDT today and tomorrow since your on the mend.
    Rest well and come back to us as soon as you can. The place isn't the same without your banter.
    Hugs

Camel
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

hello all,

Start of the week with the first use of an October blind purchase - unfortunately no brand in the Basenotes Directory:

Collines de Provence - Pure Cologne
    https://www.collinesdeprovence.com/eaux-de-parfum

Blog Entries

Morning all, & a belated Happy BN-iversary to Shycat!

(((((Cook.bot))))), how wonderful to have you back after your grim ordeal, & thanks for the excellent advice! Take good care of yourself, & allow others to take care of you, too.

l have a day off, & l'll be doing a bit more studying today. Giving a second wearing to my sample of Sherlock by Neil Morris, which isn't in the Directory.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: tba by Unknown

I am stunned by your news cook.bot. How traumatic for you!
    Very pleased you are now on the slow road to recovery.
    Look after yourself and take care.

My SOTD seems a trivial thing in the light of what you have just been through
    but it is Joop Le Bain. I love the cherry tobacco note in this.

Nothing like cookbot's surgery but I am having a basal skin cancer removed from my forehead on Thursday this
    week so not looking forward to this procedure as it will just be an injection
    to numb it and I'll be awake the whole time. It's just above my eyebrow and I am
    hoping they won't need to leave too wide a margin scar-wise.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Cook.bot! So glad to "see" you! I wish you a speedy recovery but, take things slowly. I will take note of your advice as well.

Good luck with your procedure, kewart!
    Currently wearing: Granada by Memo

Hello all

Halston by Halston
    DONNA

Good morning everyone.... Cook.bot, Kewart thinking about you....And Cook.bot,I'm glad you're ok! I have my first shift t in 10 days and it was hard getting up. When I also noticed a red stain (probably tomato or curry) on my woolencarpet my day kind of had a bad start. Sotd for a sunny and cold day is Cristalle edp.

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. ((((Cook.bot)))) welcome back! Wishing you a speedy recovery and comfort as you heal.
    Hugs to you as well, ((((Kewart))))

Guerlain Encens Mythique today. Wishing us all a good start to the week.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Cook.bot, relieved and delighted to have you back with us. All the very best for a full recovery (Quarry is doing OK - I'll drop you a PM).

L'Artisan Parfumeur - Passage D'Enfer.

Happy BN-iversary to Shycat

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Fat Farm Atman today
    3x2(nyz)4a

Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
    --John Keats

SOTD is Jubilation 25 by Amouage!
    Loves: florals (of all kinds), gourmands, orientals, chypres, and animalic fragrances

Current Fragrance Obsessions: The Moon, Moth, Jubilation 25, MEM, Absolue Pour Le Soir, Tabac Rose, Oellieres, Magenta Pop, Love

Current Note Obsessions: marshmallow

Congrats to ShyCat on the BN-aversary, wishing cook.bot, a speedy and complete recovery from your traumatic health ordeal, and kewart a totally successful (and non-scarring, physically *or* mentally) procedure. My brother is having the same procedure on Wednesday. Sigh. Sometimes the human condition is really awful, but as somebody said, it beats the hell out of the alternative.

My SOTD is Parfumerie Generale L'Eau Guerriere.

L'Eau Guerrière 20 fragrance notes: Cinchona bark, Olibanum resin, Aloe wood, Incense, Laurel, Musk.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

Lucifer

Dependent

Current Shalimar edp

Basenotes Plus

Hope all goes well on Thursday, kewart

SotE - Yohji Homme.

Creed Vanisia

375x500.4256.jpg

Sillage Monster

Today it's Mon Guerlain,

Welcome back, Cook.bot. Missed you!

Happy BN anniversary, ShyCat!
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by fanny View Post
    Creed Vanisia

375x500.4256.jpg

Wonderful choice, fanny

Just got a vintage bottle myself and absolutely loving it

Dependent

------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

Blog Entries

Good luck to kewart & to ComDiva's brother with your procedures!

Made a bit more progress with my studies today. Wearing Ambre Passion this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: tba by Unknown

Blog Entries

Man, talk about hard earned wisdom, cook.bot. Glad you made it through and glad the projection is 100% recovery. Will heretofore try not to be too panicky about panic attacks. Sheesh.

More No.22 today. Tomorrow is my first day back at work after six and a half months out. Grateful for the challenge and growth this season has afforded. ��

no22.jpg
    "They went to sea in a Sieve, they did, in a Sieve they went to sea." --Edward Lear

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Oooo, love and healing wishes to you Cookbot. You have my true and immense sympathy. I'm so very glad you are back home and pumping good blood to your dear heart.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. My actual birthday was October 16 but it was a bummer day so I didn't talk to anyone. My son gave me a card and it made me cry. Such a bad year. Today I have on Tea Rose and we are going out to vote early and pick up some take-out.

In other news, vodka shots give me heartburn.
    She who laughs last.....
    Currently wearing: Blue Amber by Montale

piney

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    Such a bad year. Today I have on Tea Rose and we are going out to vote early and pick up some take-out.
    I found early voting to be somewhat cathartic. I limit my exposure to "news" and "debates" and await election results.
    Last edited by Trilby Lark; 19th October 2020 at 11:07 PM.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.