Code of Conduct

Default Masculine Car Scents?

Hey,

Looking for some advice on good, masculine smelling and long lasting car fragrances, currently I own the BMW Natural Air scent bars but to be honest they are not all that great smelling and the longevity is shockingly poor. Iíve tried a few ďDesigner InspiredĒ ones from eBay but they are worse than the BMW Natural Air ones. Iíve resorted to using some of my cheap aftershaves but donít really want to use them like this so would ideally like to find something that I can just leave in the car and replace each month.

I had seen a one by Moodo (Moodo Go USB Air Freshener) but canít find much about them.

Anyone got any recommendations for good car fragrances?
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Default Re: Masculine Car Scents?

I was just reading yesterday that a Lime, Basil & Mandarin Car Diffuser by Jo Malone will be available in November.

Also DS&Durga have a new 'Auto' range -- sort of 'swing-tag upgrades of pine trees' with infusions of 'Big Sur After Rain' and 'Portable Fireplace'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I was just reading yesterday that a Lime, Basil & Mandarin Car Diffuser by Jo Malone will be available in November.

Also DS&Durga have a new 'Auto' range -- sort of 'swing-tag upgrades of pine trees' with infusions of 'Big Sur After Rain' and 'Portable Fireplace'.
    The DS&Durga ones sound interesting, I’m not sure how well they will hold up as far as longevity goes but they might be worth a try.

I’ll keep an eye out for the Jo Malone one as I quite enjoy Lime, Basil & Mandarin and think it would make a great car scent.

Malle used to have $$$ car freshener-but the price seems overkill.

A brand that is hard to find but that I like for room perfumes is parfums de Nicolai. They have (or used to) have little clay bricks one could drop oils or perfumes on, and they would last for quite a while.

cacio

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyXIII View Post
    Lime, Basil & Mandarin and think it would make a great car scent.
    That does sound like it would be quite pleasant for a car.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I'm not sure if an item like this is something that you are interested in or not, but I know there are places that make those ceramic vent clips for your car. You just spray it liberally with whichever fragrance you want, let it soak in, and then clip it on your vent.
    fumerie-ceramic-disc-light.jpg
    You can't buy good taste.
    -LM

Quote Originally Posted by Hat and Beard View Post
    I'm not sure if an item like this is something that you are interested in or not, but I know there are places that make those ceramic vent clips for your car. You just spray it liberally with whichever fragrance you want, let it soak in, and then clip it on your vent.
    fumerie-ceramic-disc-light.jpg
    First time I’ve seen them tbh, I do like the idea though so will take a look at them.