Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Fragrantica? Is that you?

Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling...keep them doggies scrolling...Rawhide! (Sorry, giving away my age there.)
    Currently wearing: Tabac Blond by Caron

MD > LA > NYC > Chicago > MSP > NYC > LA > Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling...keep them doggies scrolling...Rawhide! (Sorry, giving away my age there.)
    Nice... that's definitely how I felt. My finger was getting tired on the scroll wheel.
    Currently wearing: Korrigan by Lubin

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Those names are downright embarrassing:

There are 4 fragrances for men (Sensual Hero, Supreme Desire, Torrid Tempo and Wild Attraction) and 4 for women (Divine Passion, Seduction Vibes, Sexy Muse and Suave Skin).
    £40 for 100ml though. I've got a bad feeling about them - I mean what is Suave Skin???

Sorry, OP for slight hijack

Exactly ... but at least there are loads of giant ads along the way to help you pass the time while scrolling

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    Exactly ... but at least there are loads of giant ads along the way to help you pass the time while scrolling
    True!

Navigation experience is so limited, feels like they implemented social distance measures...the previous version was much better!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I've turned away from Fragrantica for a number of reasons over the past few months, but this is next level....

From a design and UX standpoint, why is the information SO CLOSE TO THE BORDERS???? Painful !!!

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Navigation experience is so limited, feels like they implemented social distance measures...the previous version was much better!
    LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com
    Currently wearing: Shazam! by 4160 Tuesdays

I never liked the aesthetics of Fragrantica and still don't. It's too busy and disjointed for my tastes.

A fragrance site is only as good as the member's reviews.

Since their reviews suck, that should tell you what I think of the entire place.

Basenotes Plus

I agree on first look. Sometimes these things take time to adjust to, then you actually like it better. Don't know yet if this is the case here.
    Andrew Hugg, Lieutenant Colonel, USAF (retired)

I doesn't look finished at all, specially things like the notes section with the note icons placed over a white background in such a lame and messy way, between the giant ebays ads and the bottle pictures... Like some of you have already said, it looks like if the browser hasn't finished loading the page. At least on Firefox it looks terrible. The comments look better now than before though.

Design aside, I like the new 5 category rating system instead of 3, and the new gender section.

Dependent

One thing I like about the new design is how the note pyramid and "main notes according to vote" are combined into one. When I first became a fraghead and joined Fragrantica, the "main notes according to vote" function tricked me into thinking oakmoss was a top note (because it was always at the top of the list!), and it took me a seriously long time to change my mind to the truth.

Exercise for fingers, hands and fist muscles! They are thinking ahead of this time...
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.
    Currently wearing: Higher by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I mean what is Suave Skin???
    I’d say it’s something that a sexy muse with divine passion having a supreme desire living in a torrid tempo doesn’t have. It makes her sensual hero not have a supreme desire.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.
    Currently wearing: Higher by Christian Dior

So...I can't even see my wardrobe listed on there anymore when I go to my profile. It's blank...I haven't tried to figure it out yet, but the new layout seems worse for sure.
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

Basenotes Plus

And still as inaccurate as ever. Recently released (& sold out) ALD Santal Galore was listed as featuring ‘jackfruit’ top notes when it should have been a durian.. They’re totally different fruits!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    And still as inaccurate as ever. Recently released (& sold out) ALD Santal Galore was listed as featuring ‘jackfruit’ top notes when it should have been a durian.. They’re totally different fruits!
    Durian as a top note—what’s next: corpse flower absolute in the heart?
    Currently wearing: Bandit by Robert Piguet

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Durian as a top note—what’s next: corpse flower absolute in the heart?
    It’s not as bad as it looks, lol. But don’t give them more ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    I’d say it’s something that a sexy muse with divine passion having a supreme desire living in a torrid tempo doesn’t have. It makes her sensual hero not have a supreme desire.
    Dammit! The answer was staring me in the face all the time

All Is Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    But they look very similar.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Hey, if you zoom your browser out to 25%, no more scrolling, the the text size looks pretty much like it did before!

You're welcome.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: New-York by Nicolaï

Awful!

Very slow loading page.
    The really useful information is very scattered, I have to scroll a lot.
    Even with the page size reduced at 75%, the pyramid is too wide.
    I liked the stand alone Notes ranking according to users, not those red bars under the notes.
    Before, on a page with a lot of reviews, the pyramid had loaded immediately, but it took a while to load the Notes ranking according to users. It was allwright. Now that the two are integrated, the pyramid is very difficult to load (on a page with a lot of reviews).
    I liked Similar perfumes under the pyramide, not 1 mile away. Sometimes it's not displayed at all.
    I don't give a flying f(eather) about trends, gender, price value.

There is still no tooltip with the perfume's name when hover favorite fragrances from wardrobe.
    It is (still) difficult to find something in the wardrobe because there is (still) no text, so I can't use CTRL+F.

An expand/contract menu would have been nice. You would have expanded only the module that interests you.

I liked it before, especialy the pyramid.

RIP

Well, they ruined it, but at least I can (easy) copy/paste the text now.
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

For some reason, do happen to appreciate some of the site design including the instant search function but apart from this, not much into the actual content actually posted there

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    But they look very similar.
    As in similarly ‘unfamiliar’.
    2E9958DE-707F-426A-ADEE-F2A9691B31BF.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    For some reason, do happen to appreciate some of the site design
    Well, if you superficially look at the site's design, without focusing on ergonomics, it is obvious that it has a much more modern and clean design now. The previous design it was outdated, it had too much of the 2000s archaic looks.
    That's indeed a good aspect.
    But, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    the instant search function
    What's that?
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel76 View Post
    Awful!

Very slow loading page.
    The really useful information is very scattered, I have to scroll a lot.
    Even with the page size reduced at 75%, the pyramid is too wide.
    I liked the stand alone Notes ranking according to users, not those red bars under the notes.
    Before, on a page with a lot of reviews, the pyramid had loaded immediately, but it took a while to load the Notes ranking according to users. It was allwright. Now that the two are integrated, the pyramid is very difficult to load (on a page with a lot of reviews).
    I liked Similar perfumes under the pyramide, not 1 mile away. Sometimes it's not displayed at all.
    I don't give a flying f(eather) about trends, gender, price value.

There is still no tooltip with the perfume's name when hover favorite fragrances from wardrobe.
    It is (still) difficult to find something in the wardrobe because there is (still) no text, so I can't use CTRL+F.

An expand/contract menu would have been nice. You would have expanded only the module that interests you.

I liked it before, especialy the pyramid.

RIP

Well, they ruined it, but at least I can (easy) copy/paste the text now.
    Yeah...I noticed that a few of the fragrances that I looked at didn't list the similar perfumes, and I'm positive they were listed previously.
    You can't buy good taste.
    -LM

everyday i'm samplin'

Holy horrible. I liked to check reviews to get a broad picture. The main notes was a great feature that showed what the main accord would be. More accurate than a regular pyramid from the company. I cant get any info i used to get. This will require me to find somewhere else to go. Sad.
    I smell.
    Currently wearing: Lucky by Christian Dior

The new super-bloated Fragrantica is a big pain in the arse. I wish they’d return the website to its former self with its late 90s web aesthetic if they can’t do better than what they’ve got now.

What a pathetic mess and endless scrolling...I HATE IT!

It was super simple to access and perfectly laid out and now it's just plain awful! I've accessed fragrantica.com multiple times a day for years....now I'm done!

It figures right? They just had to utterly destroy a perfectly configured and familiar website! Here's a tip...if it ain't broke, then don't fix it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Apple succeeded by excelling at both form and function, and especially the interrelation of the two.
    True. But without form, it wouldn't have worked. When referring to BN functions that Fragrantica does not have, what are you referring to?
    Currently wearing: Resina by Oliver & Co.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast