Code of Conduct

Default PDM Layton exclusif 013904 from 1-perfumes

Hi, Iím new to the forum. Pls i humbly ask if anyone could light into my plight, i recently purchased PDM Layton exclusif from eBay seller 1- perfumes who has over 300k reviews with very few negatives. First off, my lot was 013904, presentations were ok and both bottle n cap have a good weight to it. I checked checkfresh.com no result and called the boutique as well but couldnít verify the lot. Agent at the boutique stated the lot shouldnít start with 0 to begin with and usually not 6 digits. Pls folks any opinion with be highly appreciated.

Default Re: PDM Layton exclusif 013904 from 1-perfumes

2020 bottles start with a "0" and are 7 digit.

So the LOT number you've posted here - "013904" - doesn't exist.
    Maybe you've missed out one digit?

And I'm not sure if PdM batchcodes are available now on Checkfresh or Checkcosmetic.
    During the last years they were not.

Yes i just checked check cosmetics it says it was manufactured in 2020, Iím trying to post a pic of the lot from the bottle and the box.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you very much for the photos.

That's interesting, it's the very first bottle I've seen with a 6 digit batch code starting with "0".
    All the other ones with "0" had 7 digits.
    Probably it's from the time when they just switched from 6 to 7 digit batches.

It has to be a 2020 bottle as all 2019 had a "9" in first place (the 2018 ones an "8" aso.).

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Your bottle looks fine.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Yes upon checking itís 2020 but Iím not getting a good projection, pls is it legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsautodeals View Post
    Yes upon checking it’s 2020 but I’m not getting a good projection, pls is it legit.
    I never had a weak Layton Exclusif.

Hard to tell from those two photos if the bottle is legit.

Of course fakers could also copy an existing batch code so that is not an evidence of fake or not - but you could write PdM's customer service and ask them to confirm that batch code, they should know if it really exists for Layton Exclusif.

I will send more pics

Hey guys, I too just received a 4.2 oz bottle of PDM's Layton Exclusif from eBay seller 1-perfumes... and can confirm the batch code reads 013904. I am questioning the validity of the fragrance due to poor performance, which like another commenter noted, doesn't normally happen with L. Exclusif, having sampled it in the past. I also own Layton and Carlisle and while this bottle of Exclusif looks extremely similar, I have a couple of small doubts about the bottle itself (outside of longevity of the fragrance). In comparison to Layton and Carlisle, my Exclusiv bottle's sprayer nozzle (metal part below the sprayer itself) is a little shorter than on my Layton and Carlisle bottles. The top part of the sprayer itself is the same size/height though, but when lined up, the L&C are slightly taller.

The other thing I noticed was despite the cap being heavy, which it is, it feels ever so slightly less heavy than the L&C caps, and the inside of the cap also looks different, which connects slightly different (probably due to the nozzle difference). I tried to put my L&C caps on the Exclusif and it didn't fit properly at all. Does the Exclusif have a different cap and nozzel than the other two? I'm assuming not. The batch code on the Exclusif bottle itself is also very hard to read, and it's a brand new sealed bottle. I really had to read it off the box, which still wasn't that clear. The fragrance itself smells similar to what I remember my Exclusif sample smelling like but that was 2 years ago. This really doesn't project and becomes more of a skin scent after an hour or so, which is very disappointing. For these reason I'm questioning authenticity but I've got to say, if it's a fake, then it's an excellent fake. The bottle in comparison to my L&C are very similar and the fragrance smells very close to what I remember. It could be a bad batch or reformulated, who knows? Hopefully they didn't water down the normally smaller Exclusif bottle for these new 4.2 sizes! lol.

Another thing I noticed was on the box itself.. I threw my Layton box out a while ago but kept my Carlisle box, so I'm using that as a comparison. The lettering on the back of the Carlisle box is etched on the box and slightly raised, while the lettering on the Exclusif box is just printed on with no texture. Also the bar code is half the size on the Exclusif box... Maybe just their newer style but it didn't match up so I wanted to note it.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear what happened to the original commenter who also purchased from 1-perfumes. Did you validate it's authenticity? What happened? I will try to follow up with some pictures soon but just wanted to share my experience as I'm not sure if I should try to return it or not. Any feedback is much appreciated and apologies for the long message!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob1981 View Post
    Hey guys, I too just received a 4.2 oz bottle of PDM's Layton Exclusif from eBay seller 1-perfumes... and can confirm the batch code reads 013904. I am questioning the validity of the fragrance due to poor performance, which like another commenter noted, doesn't normally happen with L. Exclusif, having sampled it in the past. I also own Layton and Carlisle and while this bottle of Exclusif looks extremely similar, I have a couple of small doubts about the bottle itself (outside of longevity of the fragrance). In comparison to Layton and Carlisle, my Exclusiv bottle's sprayer nozzle (metal part below the sprayer itself) is a little shorter than on my Layton and Carlisle bottles. The top part of the sprayer itself is the same size/height though, but when lined up, the L&C are slightly taller.

The other thing I noticed was despite the cap being heavy, which it is, it feels ever so slightly less heavy than the L&C caps, and the inside of the cap also looks different, which connects slightly different (probably due to the nozzle difference). I tried to put my L&C caps on the Exclusif and it didn't fit properly at all. Does the Exclusif have a different cap and nozzel than the other two? I'm assuming not. The batch code on the Exclusif bottle itself is also very hard to read, and it's a brand new sealed bottle. I really had to read it off the box, which still wasn't that clear. The fragrance itself smells similar to what I remember my Exclusif sample smelling like but that was 2 years ago. This really doesn't project and becomes more of a skin scent after an hour or so, which is very disappointing. For these reason I'm questioning authenticity but I've got to say, if it's a fake, then it's an excellent fake. The bottle in comparison to my L&C are very similar and the fragrance smells very close to what I remember. It could be a bad batch or reformulated, who knows? Hopefully they didn't water down the normally smaller Exclusif bottle for these new 4.2 sizes! lol.

Another thing I noticed was on the box itself.. I threw my Layton box out a while ago but kept my Carlisle box, so I'm using that as a comparison. The lettering on the back of the Carlisle box is etched on the box and slightly raised, while the lettering on the Exclusif box is just printed on with no texture. Also the bar code is half the size on the Exclusif box... Maybe just their newer style but it didn't match up so I wanted to note it.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear what happened to the original commenter who also purchased from 1-perfumes. Did you validate it's authenticity? What happened? I will try to follow up with some pictures soon but just wanted to share my experience as I'm not sure if I should try to return it or not. Any feedback is much appreciated and apologies for the long message!
    The bottle was authentic.

Parfums de Marly changed the sprayers lately.
    Someone posted pics here: https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-real-or-fake

And yes, I've got several mails from people who complained about their newer Layton Exclusif being very weak. Some of them returned their bottle. They purchased it from authorized sellers here in Germany.
    So it has nothing to do with 1-perfumes.

It's just the way it goes. Seen that before with Amouage and Creed, now with Parfums de Marly. The more hype it gets the higher the demand, therefore quality goes down.

Disappointing. Same old story as with Creed. Constant changes that are puzzling and hard to keep up with.
    Currently wearing: Zen for Men by Shiseido

1-Perfumes is a legit seller I’ve used them many times always authentic products.
    Current Top Favorites:

Ralph Lauren Polo
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDT
    Chanel Egoiste
    Givenchy Gentleman EDT Originale
    Costume National Homme
    Hermes Bel Ami
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Caron Le 3Ťme Homme
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Cartier Pasha De Cartier Parfum