Code of Conduct

Default Creed Steel Bottles 2012

Question for the Creed nerds.

I have some bottles of 2013 Himalaya and with a light I can check the liquid levels. I received a 2012 bottle (with ‘creed’ written on the nozzle just like the 2013 ones) today. This bottles seems to be made out of steel or aluminum and I’m having a harder time seeing through it. Did they used to be made out of steel?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Creed Steel Bottles 2012

Not that I am personally aware of
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by ck__ View Post
    Question for the Creed nerds.

I have some bottles of 2013 Himalaya and with a light I can check the liquid levels. I received a 2012 bottle (with ‘creed’ written on the nozzle just like the 2013 ones) today. This bottles seems to be made out of steel or aluminum and I’m having a harder time seeing through it. Did they used to be made out of steel?
    Some CREEDS have been made with painted glass bottles.

GREEN IRISH TWEED- Black
    MILLESIME IMPERIALE- Gold
    HIMALAYA- Silver

If you have a strong flashlight, you should be able to hold it up against the bottle to see level inside.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

I’m aware because I’ve been able to see through Himalaya and GIT. I am completely unable to see through this 2012 Himalaya. Puzzling.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Some CREEDS have been made with painted glass bottles.

GREEN IRISH TWEED- Black
    MILLESIME IMPERIALE- Gold
    HIMALAYA- Silver

If you have a strong flashlight, you should be able to hold it up against the bottle to see level inside.
    Definitely the Green Irish Tweed bottles. Millesime Imperial I wasn't able to do that when holding a flashlight.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Blog Entries

I'd suggest trying a high lumen output light. Also, be careful with lights, many claim higher lumens than their actually are. For something cheap, yet strong and compact, I would go with a RovyVon, I've never had any trouble seeing into any bottle with one of these, as they are an accurate 550 lumens. Be careful when lights claim to be 10,000 lumens, because odds are they measure no where even remotely close to that, 10,000 lms is enough to light up the sky. Something more practical and less small would be a Lill Larry light. It's a pen style flashlight, comes in a multitude of styles and colors for under $20 and is very versatile, with a flashlight on one side, and a cob led work light (this is the long side bar light, used primarily for working under cars with). Also has a strong magnet on one end. Great light in general, great tool to have, and perfect for seeing through even the darkest bottles.

Also, really.. I would recommend anyone reading this to consider having a good strong keychain flashlight. Just like with frags, flashlights have come along way. Many that are compact have huge power, and the choices are endless. If you need help deciding which to buy, feel free to PM me, as I have a bit of a flashlight obsession too lol.
    Currently wearing: Stetson by Stetson