Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Recently discontinued or rumored to be?

So far this year I have heard JPG Ultra male, One Million Prive and Tom Ford Noir. True? Also what are some others that you know of or have heard about? I'm tryna buy some ones that I like before prices go sky high. I got Prive already and I am very happy with it, my son has Ultra and I love the way it smells so I might get my one bottle soon. Thanks in advance

Default Re: Recently discontinued or rumored to be?

The crappiest low is when you get recommended a fragrance and then you find out it discontinued and rare and super expensive!

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Let's not talk about any of this! lol

We're just encouraging price increases.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Supposedly/allegedly: Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme, Costume National Homme (although they did issue a flanker recently), Tom Ford Grey Vetiver EdT (the EdP is probably still in production), Carolina Herrera Chic for Men, Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme and Pour Homme Soir

Quite likely/possibly or definitely: YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, almost every A*Men flanker except Pure Malt, Pure Havane and Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Supposedly/allegedly: Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme, Costume National Homme (although they did issue a flanker recently), Tom Ford Grey Vetiver EdT (the EdP is probably still in production), Carolina Herrera Chic for Men, Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme and Pour Homme Soir

Quite likely/possibly, definitely: YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, almost every A*Men flanker except Pure Malt, Pure Havane and Ultimate
    Damn nightmare....

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Damn nightmare....
    Sad but true. Ok, I get it that maybe most of them don't sell well, but damn some of them are/were awesome!

Noir Anthracite is the most tragic recent discontinuation IMO. Anyone have any definitive word on Gucci Guilty Absolute? I know it’s been plagued by rumors since its release but I can’t remember if anyone tracked that down for sure. Either way glad I just bought a backup.
    "To 'give style' to one's character-- a great and rare art!" - Nietzsche

"I got my own style; you put my shoes on, you wouldn't last a mile" - Mac Dre

Quote Originally Posted by jkonick View Post
    Noir Anthracite is the most tragic recent discontinuation IMO. Anyone have any definitive word on Gucci Guilty Absolute? I know it’s been plagued by rumors since its release but I can’t remember if anyone tracked that down for sure. Either way glad I just bought a backup.
    I have to get Gucci Guilty Absolute while it's still available. Damn them, as if from recenetly they've quite sped up the discontinuations in general.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

I have to get Gucci Guilty Absolute while it's still available. Damn them, as if from recenetly they've quite sped up the discontinuations in general.
    I just got another backup from Nordstrom Rack's website two weeks ago. They sold em out in a few days, though I'm not sure how many they had in stock.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Gucci Guilty Absolute Pour Homme, is one I am glad I invested many back up bottles of in the designer realm it could be a century before anything daring like that is released again.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I just got another backup from Nordstrom Rack's website two weeks ago. They sold em out in a few days, though I'm not sure how many they had in stock.
    Up to this day I'm sad I don't have more backups of Gucci Envy For Men, Mugler B*Men and Givenchy Very Irresistible For Men. Everything is speeding up, new lines, new flankers etc., thus discontinuations as well.

These are all rumours but some carry more heft than others

More Gucci masculines to go
    Tom Ford ouds - except Oud Wood
    Avignon and Kyoto from CdG
    Explorer - Mont Blanc (you'll have to buy Aventus)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post

Explorer really? Lol just got released why would they do that haha, houses be confusing as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Explorer really? Lol just got released why would they do that haha, houses be confusing as hell.
    word is - it just ain't selling

Or maybe all clones are being 'bought off'

Sounds like it’s time to finally pick up a bottle of Kyoto. Surprised that one would get that boot since it seems to be pretty popular, although that’s just basing on forum talk rather than sales.

All this GGA talk makes me think I need to get another backup bottle now haha
    "To 'give style' to one's character-- a great and rare art!" - Nietzsche

"I got my own style; you put my shoes on, you wouldn't last a mile" - Mac Dre

Glad I got a bottle of GGA, but I think I need one more bottle. Also for those you might not know, Aramis tobacco reserve. I definitely got a back of bottle of that sweet juice!!

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Let's not talk about any of this! lol

We're just encouraging price increases.
    Hahahaha

Who do you think contributes to this thread??

People with stuff to sell, that's who!!!! XD
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Clubman by Pinaud

Basenotes Plus

BDK French Bouquet
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10 Of All Time
    1.Encens Mythique d’Orient
    2.L’Heure Perdue XI
    3.Le Monarque II/Sultanate Of Oman/Pierre de Velay No. 1/Black Cashmere/Pearl Moon/Semi Bespoke 21/Parfum Royale No.1
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir/Great Britain/Correspondence/Dasman/Symphonium/Al-Khatt/Nuit de Bekelite/Richwood
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly/1996/EL/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic/Argentium Halo De Lune/Torc/FDB Velvet Amber
    6.L’Heure Mysterieuse XII/Au Hasard/#laislablanca/ Luci Ed Ombre/Tabac Rose/Russian Tea/Oud & Ambre
    7.Opus VI/Prolixe/Jump Up & Kiss Me Hedonistic/Alseif
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI/Malesia/Absolue Pour le Soir/Ganymede
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Dhajala
    10.Cuir Intense

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Hahahaha

Who do you think contributes to this thread??

People with stuff to sell, that's who!!!! XD
    Bleu De Chanel - Chanel is tired of making so much off it.

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by SubZee View Post
    Glad I got a bottle of GGA, but I think I need one more bottle. Also for those you might not know, Aramis tobacco reserve. I definitely got a back of bottle of that sweet juice!!
    The Aramis ones are confusing, they are cheap and should be readily available the designer realm keeps releasing these masculines and then discontinuing them what’s the point?

It’s like a tease... anyone wanna smell manly, ok hurry buy it while it’s fresh soon to be discontinued SMH!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by RawMia View Post
    BDK French Bouquet
    Didn't know that. Glad i got my bottle when it first was released.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Pretty sure Monsieur Balmain.

Discontinuation rumours + FOMO + next day delivery = a bad day for any unsuspecting green enthusiast and their pocket

More important than what’s being said is who is saying it.

Overall I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad idea for a thread because it reminds and gives people that are genuinely running low and would need a refill anyway a chance to get a replacement bottle before prices skyrocket. It does though also lead to overinflated prices due to scalpers.
    If you are looking to buy a bottle for your own use or a gift you’re probably still safe paying a tad over, but if you’re looking to flip a bunch of bottles off the discontinuation rumours you’re just as likely to be the one overpaying as all scalpers run for the ‘deal pile’.

Unfortunately scaremongering and hype seem to have become part and parcel of a segment of this thing but,

If you startle enough horses you’ll eventually get a kick from one.

Explorer is not true absolutely.
    According to Inter Parfums, it is a best seller for the brand now, and they are creating its flanker for fall 2021.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    Discontinuation rumours + FOMO + next day delivery = a bad day for any unsuspecting green enthusiast and their pocket

More important than what’s being said is who is saying it.

Overall I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad idea for a thread because it reminds and gives people that are genuinely running low and would need a refill anyway a chance to get a replacement bottle before prices skyrocket. It does though also lead to overinflated prices due to scalpers.
    If you are looking to buy a bottle for your own use or a gift you’re probably still safe paying a tad over, but if you’re looking to flip a bunch of bottles off the discontinuation rumours you’re just as likely to be the one overpaying as all scalpers run for the ‘deal pile’.

Unfortunately scaremongering and hype seem to have become part and parcel of a segment of this thing but,

If you startle enough horses you’ll eventually get a kick from one.
    That last line gets a huge round of applause from me. Just pretend I cloned myself like 50 times so it sounds like a studio audience clapping.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Clubman by Pinaud

I had no idea about Noir Anthracite, pleased to have a 50mL bottle of it. Gucci guilty absolute is still in stock at grey market retailers and sephora in the US. If it's been discontinued there may still be some time. Just to be safe I ordered a decant so I can at the very least get my nose on it. I've heard its one of the darkest and most masculine releases of the last decade
    Last edited by OldSchoolScents; 8th December 2020 at 11:40 PM.
    Formerly known as BeardedBarbershopFan - Still have a beard and still a barbershop fan
    Currently wearing: Havana by Aramis

Quite likely/possibly or definitely: YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, almost every A*Men flanker except Pure Malt, Pure Havane and Ultimate
    Interesting.. thanks for the intel. I own and like CH chic for men and was surprised to see it on the list.

As to Guilty Absolute, I bought into the hype and blind bought a 50 ml bottle in Nordstrom. Just for the collection purposes)) won’t be buying any back up bottles for myself though. Maybe just for reselling ��
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

The consensus is that GGA is bold like M7 was, and for that reason, it’s not a crowdpleaser (not crowdpleaser=low seller=good candidate for discontinuation)
    It has disappeared at Sephora as well as from the Gucci websites (both US and US). Gllad I have a 90ml, as well as a 150ml backup.
    Last edited by Andy the frenchy; 21st November 2020 at 04:53 PM.

Comme des Garcons:

Confirmed: Dover Street Market, Blue Cedrat, Blue Encens.
    Rumours: Wonderoud and the incense series (Avignon, Kyoto, Zagorsk, Ouarzazate, Jaisalmer)

Quote Originally Posted by Mayberry2 View Post
    Pretty sure Monsieur Balmain.
    Since a while! All the Balmain frags have stopped being produced because of an obscure licensing lawsuit between Balmain and the sub-contractor who blends the fragrances.