Code of Conduct
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Basenotes Member

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I certainly hope you're referring to folkdancers and not to strippers.

I'm going to stretch this sync theme to its breaking point and propose that since early productions of Verdi's "Aida" were famous for bringing live elephants onto the stage, I should therefore be within my rights by wearing "Jungle L'Elephant" by Kenzo.

Totally within your rights, that's brilliant!
    Modern, Nice & Vintage for sale here!

Basenotes Member

Everything but the kitchen sink.
    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Yes!
    To that end, I have planned my scent for this coming Friday!
    Jungle L'Elephant... it is so everything but the kitchen sink, AND it's crap weather here, perfect for Jungle.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rick58 & Beth62 View Post
    What fantastic sync stories today! Love it!

I was originally thinking of a tobacco fragrance to honor Habanera from Act 1 of Bizet's Carmen. I ended up with Contre Bombarde 32 by Sauf, which is inspired by the stops on the pipe organ in Cathédrale Notre-Dame. I can't think of a pipe organ without thinking of the lovely but controversial Adagio in G minor by (maybe) Tomaso Albinoni.

No argument from me - the second movement of Beethoven's 7th is, to me, the finest seven minutes in classical music.
    I loved that music you shared, thank you!

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndSky View Post
    Everything but the kitchen sink.
    To that end, I have planned my scent for this coming Friday!
    Jungle L'Elephant... it is so everything but the kitchen sink, AND it's crap weather here, perfect for Jungle.
    Dammit, now I'm sorry I used L'Elephant for last week's sync. It truly is everything but the kitchen sink.

I planned choosing Jungle for this Synch, too, so I guess I'll join you - unless I change my mind

Jungle is a great idea. I think I’m leaning toward Cologne du 68, if I still have the sample.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

I'm thinking of Diptyque 34 Boulevard St Germain...a kitchen sink of spices, florals, incense, woods, cool greens, and citrus. But it doesn't feel out of control at all.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Sagamore by Lancôme

Basenotes Plus

Roja Dove 51 Pour Homme is evens favourite for this week with a melange of citrus, florals, splces, leather and woods.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I'm thinking of Diptyque 34 Boulevard St Germain...a kitchen sink of spices, florals, incense, woods, cool greens, and citrus. But it doesn't feel out of control at all.
    This is a great choice.

I must say this synch confuses me... But from what I see it'a scent with lots of notes and rather abstract? Not sure what I shiuld choose then. Fracas and Mystere maybe?

Blog Entries

lne, it comes from a British expression, used for example in phrases like "they took everything but the kitchen sink" i.e. nothing was left out or left behind.

khanada started a thread last year on fragrances that have "everything but the kitchen sink", i.e. lots of notes in them. Hence the idea for the "kitchen synch".

lt doesn't have to be an abstract fragrance, just something as complex as you can manage.

For me it's probably going to be Black Orchid, but it'll have to wait until after work on Friday evening...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

This is what I'm planning to wear, I have the older EDT not the newer released EDP.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Tiare by Ormonde Jayne

Vintage Hermes Equipage for me, loads of everything, total class.

Top notes are Brazilian Rosewood, Clary Sage, Nutmeg Flower, Aldehydes, Bergamot, Orange, Tarragon and Marjoram; middle notes are Carnation, Pine Tree Needles, Cinnamon, Lily-of-the-Valley, Jasmine, Hyssop and Liatris; base notes are Oakmoss, Vetiver, Patchouli, Tonka Bean, Musk, Vanilla and Amber.
    Spring is coming. Selecting from : Penhaligon's Elixir, Juniper Sling; Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme EdT, Bottega Veneta EdP; Etro Heliotrope, Gomma, Dianthus, Palais Jamais. Aramis Tuscany; Knize Knize Ten, Hermes Equipage (vtg), Bel Ami, Prada Infusion d'Iris. Decants/samples - various fougeres

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    lne, it comes from a British expression, used for example in phrases like "they took everything but the kitchen sink" i.e. nothing was left out or left behind.

khanada started a thread last year on fragrances that have "everything but the kitchen sink", i.e. lots of notes in them. Hence the idea for the "kitchen synch".

lt doesn't have to be an abstract fragrance, just something as complex as you can manage.

For me it's probably going to be Black Orchid, but it'll have to wait until after work on Friday evening...
    Thanks for the explanation I tried to Google it, but still didn't quite grasp the idea I'll see what I can find, but I think I will have to wait until after work

That would be a great choice.

This would be a good option: Guerlain Cologne du 68
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

I will go for Avon Occur which has 23 notes listed here on Basenotes.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: V / Visa by Robert Piguet

I will wear Opium tomorrow with 35 different notes listed (!).

Common Lackey

This is a tough sync for me, as I don't really buy orientals or scents you could call "opulent", which is where I usually find the kitchen-sinks. But I think I've decided on my most jam-packed scent: Safari by Ralph Lauren.

25 notes listed -- and I still like it!

Galbanum, Green notes, Mandarin, Aldehyde, Hyacinth, Orange, Daffodil, Blackcurrant
    Lily of the valley, Rose, Narcissus, Carnation, Orchid, Honey, Jasmine, Orris
    Cedar, Musk, Vetiver, Styrax, Vanilla, Amber, Tonka bean, Patchouli, Oakmoss

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    I will wear Opium tomorrow with 35 different notes listed (!).
    I'd say Opium definitely belongs at the head of the kitchen-sink list. Maybe also its old nemesis, Obsession.

I’m not old, I’m vintage.

I’m considering Clive Christian No. 1, which has 20-odd notes depending on your reference point. I hated it when I first tried it, but I decided I should try it again before I release it into the wild.
    Currently wearing: Galimar by Galimard

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    Jungle is a great idea. I think I’m leaning toward Cologne du 68, if I still have the sample.
    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    That would be a great choice.

This would be a good option: Guerlain Cologne du 68
    Great minds

This is a tough sync for me, as I don't really buy orientals or scents you could call "opulent", which is where I usually find the kitchen-sinks. But I think I've decided on my most jam-packed scent: Safari by Ralph Lauren.

25 notes listed -- and I still like it!

Galbanum, Green notes, Mandarin, Aldehyde, Hyacinth, Orange, Daffodil, Blackcurrant
    Lily of the valley, Rose, Narcissus, Carnation, Orchid, Honey, Jasmine, Orris
    Cedar, Musk, Vetiver, Styrax, Vanilla, Amber, Tonka bean, Patchouli, Oakmoss

I'd say Opium definitely belongs at the head of the kitchen-sink list. Maybe also its old nemesis, Obsession.
    Obsession was defenitely one of the scents I concidered as well as Feminite du bois and even Cuir de russie

In sync with 34 Boulevard Saint Germain EDT by Diptyque. My favourite time of year to wear this is in the lead up to our summertime Christmas with it's mix of notes - spices, woods, resins, flowers, fruit, citrus and especially the eucalyptus it is like an Australian Christmas in a bottle. It smells great in dry heat conditions!

Common Lackey

Can anyone explain to me why the Friday Sync is in the Female forum? It seems like it might get more participation if it was in the General forum.

Can anyone explain to me why the Friday Sync is in the Female forum? It seems like it might get more participation if it was in the General forum.
    I have no idea, but given all the general stuff the dude forum has coopted, I’d say turnabout is fair play.

I have wondered that myself. I guess it just happened to originate here, and it stuck? Can’t think of a good reason for that to continue.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Sagamore by Lancôme

Sillage Monster

I agree, Cook.bot, but I wonder how many people stick to their gender forum. I personally click on interesting topics under Today's Posts so I have no idea what Forum threads are in.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
    Currently wearing: Mojave Ghost by Byredo

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    I agree, Cook.bot, but I wonder how many people stick to their gender forum. I personally click on interesting topics under Today's Posts so I have no idea what Forum threads are in.
    I think everyone has their own favorite landing page when they first log in here. I first go to my own Activity Page to see the recent posts of people who are in my Friends list.

But I've heard a lot of guys say in other threads that they only check out the Male Forum for new posts.

Synchronized Fridays started in 2010 here in FFD. I agree that this thread would be better in the General forum but there are quite a few threads in MFD and FFD that would also be better suited to General. When I moved two threads from male to general late last year we had a mixed reaction. I'm happy to move Synchronized Fridays to the general forum if those that post weekly here are o.k. with it!

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleCat View Post
    I'm happy to move Synchronized Fridays to the general forum if those that post weekly here are o.k. with it!
    I’ll follow it anywhere but the Aventus subforum.

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleCat View Post
    I'm happy to move Synchronized Fridays to the general forum if those that post weekly here are o.k. with it!

Poll thread?

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast