Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I’m not old, I’m vintage.

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2021

F4D03CF9-B516-4F2E-A7F1-EA123603F2AD.jpg

Boucheron - Jaipür Homme EdP

My only Menardo, pleasant enough, but not a convincing argument for acquiring more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Here are my suggestions for themes for some of the female BNers nominated so far. As always, if these BNers have ideas of their own, please chime in!

cello: amber/woods/vanilla.

ExtremeK: big florals.

Sunnyfunny: vintage classics.

khanada: "kitchen sink" fragrances.

24 Faubourg: What a Performance! Your best-performing fragrances with the biggest sillage and/or longevity.

l'm a bit stuck for ideas for *dora* & fanny. Both these ladies have huge wardrobes & it's hard to pick out a theme! Any help would be much appreciated.

l'll try to look at the male BNers' wardrobes later...
    Omg, I just looked at 2021 Synch Days, and found out that you guys did a “kitchen sink (sync?) day for me! I feel like such a bad BN member, right now. I’m honored—thank you, guys, for thinking of me, and, N. Cal, thank you, for all the hard work this must take, to host this thread. I feel like I have, sort of, arrived. I will have to be more consistent participant in this thread.

My Lolitas are all in the city, otherwise I’d wear one of them. My boyfriend got a vintage mini of Bulgari Black in his stocking, so I might dip into that, and I also think I have a sample of Portrayal Woman around here, somewhere, so that might be an option. Spending Jan 1 entirely in Amouage, would be a great way to start the new year.

I can’t wait for the “scent that got you through the pandemic” day, because I can’t wait for it to be in the past tense. I’m not sure which perfume that will finally be, as right now, it’s my perfume hobby, as a whole, that is getting me through it, with my new friends here being a huge piece of the puzzle. I love you guys *sob*
    "Put on some red lipstick, and live a little."--Dita Von Teese
    current avatar: the incomparable Gary Numan ❤️❤️❤️

Couldn't find a sample for this weeks's sync so I opted out.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Joining this evening in early release Lolita Lempicka.
    Curious about the new rendition. Hard to find.
    Happy New Year’s All!
    Hoping for a year that doesn’t suck.

NCal, thanks for planning a year of fun syncs again!
    ”I want all the perfumes”
    Currently wearing: Chergui by Serge Lutens

For the Snowy Mountains sync, I went with Doe in the Snow by 4160 Tuesdays.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

queen of the universe

Reading thru the list and writing notes on my calendar (yes, a paper calendar) so I'll be ready! I am stumped re: Snowy Mountain. Do I have a chilly fragrance??? )thinking, thinking. .. )
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!
    Currently wearing: Amarige by Givenchy

For snowy mountains I'm thinking Pinetrees, something with a cool note like iris or aldehydes, or even an "afterski note" scent. Like something with a cocoa note, tea or toddy/blackcurrant note, or something with a bonfiresmell perhaps

Has to be CdG Zagorsk, for me, and a most appropriate theme, given the weather here (frost and snow).
    Penhaligon's Juniper Sling might also work (zingy aromatic topnotes), Bottega Veneta pH EdT (pine), even Hermes Eau de Gentiane Blanche or Chanel No19 Poudre (green, chilly).
    Epiphany to Candlemas rotation of incense, iris, leather, heliotrope, smoke, cold, green : CdG Black, Avignon, Zagorsk; Jacomo de Jacomo, GGA, Etro Gomma, Bottega Veneta pH EdT, Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; Infusion d'Iris EdP; Etro Heliotrope. Sampling Hermes Bel Ami, Hiris, Eau de Gentiane Blanche; LAVS, Cardinal, No19 Poudre, Papillon Angelique and Anubis.
    Currently wearing: Équipage by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    For snowy mountains I'm thinking Pinetrees, something with a cool note like iris or aldehydes, or even an "afterski note" scent. Like something with a cocoa note, tea or toddy/blackcurrant note, or something with a bonfiresmell perhaps
    Went for easy with "snow" as my day scent but reading your post I could of picked one of my rotation scents with the iris and aldehyde notes. Might do this for evening, thanks!

Thank you guys for posting!
    I misread the calendar and somehow was falsely sure it's a Vintage day this Friday... Good to know in advance that it's Snowy Mountain after all!

To me, iris and musk sometimes can smell a bit cold, snowy and fluffy (in a snowy way). Jujy, I see you definitely have something with iris in case this note also feels cool and white to you!
    I think I should wear a Narciso Rodriguez scent tomorrow, maybe For Her EDT. It has more of the kitty fur vibes to me, but its fluffiness might remind me of fresh snow, too. I'll see what conjures up a snowy mountain in my head the most in the morning!

I completely forgot, and went with decidedly off-sync sandalwood. Maybe tomorrow I'll do a late sync with something piney.

Hey, wait a minute: I didn’t forget. I posted that on Thursday! If I can dig one out, I’ll probably try a sample of either 46°N 08°E - Switzerland by Richard Lüscher Britos or L’Air des Alpes Suisses by Andy Tauer. Another option is Lavanda Alpina from Borsari.
    Last edited by PStoller; 8th January 2021 at 11:10 AM.

Switching now to Le Cri by Parfum d'Empire. On me, it's an aldehydic rose, iris & musk scent that has a cool and elegant feel to it.

Blog Entries

l've gone with Night Star by Scents of Time, from a little decant l was sent by a lovely BNer. There's a coldness to this one, & plenty of iris & aldehydes. l described it in my review as being "like a bunch of purple flowers dusted with snow", & it's quite delightful.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Nag Champa by Ava Luxe

I have gone with Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT - its fur-like softness reminds me of snow and it smells a bit white to me. It's more like I'm on a cold white mountain, it snows in big fluffy snowflakes, and I'm cuddling in my furs and woollies.

In reality, it's snowing outside in those same big fluffy snowflakes and my cat is watching them through the window. Then later she'll come to sit on my lap and I'll snuggle into that soft kitty fur that For Her reminds me of.

Basenotes Plus

Went with the first thing that came to mind this morning. Creed Himalaya.

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Forgot it was Friday.
    Unfortunately my bottle of Himalaya is on the other side of the world. Not sure I’ve got anything else that would feel like a snowy mountain.
    Maybe I could claim Hinoki reminds me of an onsen in the snow or something.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

I haven't really got anything for the synch except
    maybe Sienne l'Hiver. No mountains but a wintery
    scene nonetheless from M. Duchaufour.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: Omnia by Bulgari

Basenotes Plus

Chanel 22 for its blinding white aldehydes and cool shadowy incense.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: K de Krizia by Krizia

Basenotes Plus

Andy Tauer is always an easy reach! L'Air des Alpes Suisses

Basenotes Plus

I don't own anything that says "snow" to me, but I've certainly got a mountainous forest: Burvuvu by January Scent Project. Acres of cedar, on a forest floor of decayed lichens and mushrooms.

Might join the sync (being the first snow not only this year but also this winter - at least as far as can remember - where I live) with something icier and cooler/colder in the current personal lineup.
    However which actual scent this might be still remains undecided, since the current wardrobe is heavily, massively and significantly imbalanced in favor of warmer, powerhouse, heady, beast mode, overpowering scents therefore almost naturally at the expense of more cooling, icy, sharp, neutral and/or fresh ones.

SOTD : CdG Zagorsk - hinoki, pine, violet and iris notes make this a chilly olfactory snowscape with forests. It's been below zero all day here, and I was walking in snowy woods this afternoon; the air so still that every twig and blade of grass is still snow-laden. Somewhat spoiled by the farmer spreading slurry on adjacent fields.
    SOTE : Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme EdT - refreshing pine and faint leather, with a very mild sweetness. Stands up well to cold weather wearing.
    Epiphany to Candlemas rotation of incense, iris, leather, heliotrope, smoke, cold, green : CdG Black, Avignon, Zagorsk; Jacomo de Jacomo, GGA, Etro Gomma, Bottega Veneta pH EdT, Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; Infusion d'Iris EdP; Etro Heliotrope. Sampling Hermes Bel Ami, Hiris, Eau de Gentiane Blanche; LAVS, Cardinal, No19 Poudre, Papillon Angelique and Anubis.

E0B5430B-6622-4B00-AE3C-AB889129E0DE.jpg

Richard Lüscher Britos - 46°N 08°E—Switzerland

Perfumer: Jean-Claude Gigodot

"High up in the steep and windy mountains of Val d'Anniviers (2000 m), where the winters are long and snowy, Swiss Pines dominate the landscape. These majestic coniferous trees, which can reach 1,000 years of age, are moulded by weather into a variety of impressive shapes. In the summer, amongst blue gentians and gurgling mountain streams, their sun-warmed needles release a wonderfully fresh and aromatic perfume.

"Despite its strength and durability, the Pine needs a partner: the Nutcracker, a raven-like bird with dark brown, white spotted feathers. Those animals are essential to the Pine’s survival. During the summer they collect thousands of pine seeds and bury them elsewhere as winter stockpile. Thus, young pine trees can grow from forgotten, sometimes inaccessible hiding places (rock outcroppings or above the tree line). The lichens that grow on the bark also protect the pine trees from diseases.

"A thick blanket of snow covers the mountain pastures and the tree branches; marmots are hibernating, migrating birds have flown south. The remote villages of the Val d'Anniviers are silent. The evenings are spent in the parlour, where the soothing, warm, and resinous smell of pine furniture mixes with the smoky scent of the lit fireplace."

This is quite lovely, a simple but rich pine-centric scent, miles away from Pine-Sol acridity or typical woody aromachemicals. Not a performance monster, which wouldn't suit the subtlety of the fragrance anyway. Sadly, there seems to be no US distributor—Lucky Scent used to carry RLB, but currently does not list the brand on its site—and the EU distributors I found aren't shipping to the US at this time.
    Last edited by PStoller; 9th January 2021 at 02:14 AM.

Just getting my sync in under the wire.
    Trying Parfum d’Empire Wazamba today.
    The Moroccan cedar reads as quite piney to me.
    There is the scent of a cozy, well-used cabin and fireplace much like PStoller’s description of Richard Lüscher Britos - 46°N 08°E—Switzerland. Quite heavy on the fireplace in the Parfum d’Empire!
    Since Wazamba is full of Somalian, Kenyan, and Ethiopian resins I guess that would make my snowy mountain Kilimanjaro.

Thankfully it does still get snow.

788A0A7A-0849-4206-BC35-E140F8BBEB60.jpeg
    ”I want all the perfumes”
    Currently wearing: Chergui by Serge Lutens

In the end have chosen an icy scent to join the sync, namely Individual Blue by Avon

I have a few scents I could wear for tomorrow's synch:-
    Loulou, Yardley's Freesia, Yves Rocher's Comme Une Evidence.
    Lidl's Suddenly Madame Glamour and a couple of Avons.
    I'll see how I feel come the day.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: Omnia by Bulgari

Inexpensive drugstore fragrances tomorrow!
    I might wear Sarah Jessica Parker's Twilight or Avon's Today.
    Oh, and also Aquolina's Pink Sugar!
    Last edited by ClockworkAlice; 14th January 2021 at 11:44 AM.

I plan to wear Fabergé Turbo.

Tabac or Quorum for me.

I'm thinking of wearing Bowling Green for later in the day after the daily wearing of Antaeus.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast