Code of Conduct
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41
Results 1,201 to 1,229 of 1229

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Wingie View Post
    Thanks, CWA! Your castle by the sea idea made me think of sandcastles as well, which could be represented by wearing a perfume that is beachy. I definitely have a few of those!
    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Sandcastles, yes!! Thanks, Wingie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    Sand castle is a very fun and summery idea, Wingie!
    That would work nicely with my Creed Virgin Island Water daily pick for June.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Starting the sync with Lolita Lempicka Mon Premier - fairytale castle theme.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Fleur de Peau by Diptyque

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the ideas, ClockworkAlice! I had also thought of Whispers in the Library for this sync for the "inside an old, quiet, dusty, but also fancy" place smell.

24 Faubourg would work, what with the Hermes shop at that address being just down the street from the Élysée Palace.

I was also thinking my sample of "The Ruthless Countess Dorothea," from the Penhaligon's Portraits collection might be a good fit. (I have a soft spot for the Portraits collection even though the fragrances, for the most part, haven't blown me away, because the bottles are gorgeous and I get a kick out of the bizarre animal back stories.)

Others names from my collection that somewhat fit the theme are Ambre Sultan and Tresor. Maybe Amouage Gold?

Blog Entries

l've gone for the "sand castle in Saint Tropez" option with Ensoleille Moi by Andre Gas.

And l just had an idea for anyone who loves Harry Potter: Hogwarts is a castle, is it not?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Decided to use a castle we have actually visited as inspiration for today's synch.

Beautiful choices, everyone!

I originally wanted to go with a gothic castle theme and would have worn either John Galliano, L'Ange Noir or the tiniest spritz of Incense: Avignon, but I decided it's a little bit too warm for that, so I'm joining CuddleCat in the fairytale castle theme and twinning with Lolita Lempicka Mon Premier!
    (I started logging it as the original Lolita Lempicka while Premier wasn't in directory yet and didn't want to change it after it finally became available. When you see me wearing LL, you can always count it as the Mon Premier version)

I am going with Eze Castle for the synch since it is where I bought
    my first bottle of Fragonard's Fleur d'Oranger at the little boutique
    they have there. It has such amazing views of the Cote d'Azur coastline.

We also walked down Nietche's path to the sea at the bottom.
    I'm so glad we didn't have to do it the opposite way!

Fleur d'Oranger is such an optimistc, uplifting fragrance and good quality
    for the low price.

eze.jpg
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

In Synch with Grimoire, and a view of Noltland Castle on the island of Westray in Orkney.

Summer is here : greens, vetiver, aromatics. Selecting from : Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme EdT; Guerlain Vetiver, Etro Palais Jamais. Aramis Tuscany; Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; Knize Sec; Caron Yatagan; . Evening : Etro Ambra, Etro Shaal Nur; Knize Ten, Penhaligon's Elixir.
    Currently wearing: Shaal Nur by Etro

Basenotes Plus

Thanks to ClockworkAlice for the excellent and abundant ideas! I’m joining in with another Lolita Lempicka - Minuit Sonne. It builds on the original LL with benzoin and myrrh for a darker, plush take.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

I forgot it was synch day. That stated, I was inadvertently in synch earlier this morning with Blood & Honey by Sixteen92. This perfume, after some thought, could've been something Elizabeth Bathory would have worn at the Castle of Csejte.

Now, I shall wear Montmartre by Sixteen92, in reference to the Chateau des Brouillards in Montmarte, Paris, France.
    .......meow........

Joining today's theme in

Princesse Pauline by Galimard

with rose, peppers, and sea notes, all compatible with the currently high temperatures.

Reference is made to Napoleon's sister, Pauline Bonaparte/ Borghese. She lived in several palaces and mansions in France and Italy, e.g.:
    Hôtel de Charost in Paris

Hôtel de Charost.jpg

Palazzo Borghese in Rome, where she lived with Camillo Borghese, her second spouse

Palazzo Borghese Rome.jpg
    Currently wearing: Eau Belle by Azzaro

I’m wearing Eau d’Italie, which is a mineralic, salty affair that reminds me of the smell of slate and ocean at the Cliffs of Moher. I’ve never been to the Dunluce castle ruins in Antrim, but I’d imagine they smell alittle like this.

My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    I am going with Eze Castle for the synch since it is where I bought
    my first bottle of Fragonard's Fleur d'Oranger at the little boutique
    they have there. It has such amazing views of the Cote d'Azur coastline.

We also walked down Nietche's path to the sea at the bottom.
    I'm so glad we didn't have to do it the opposite way!

Fleur d'Oranger is such an optimistc, uplifting fragrance and good quality
    for the low price.

eze.jpg
    Wow, this is so stunning. I googled to learn more about it and now I'm dreaming of staying at Chateau Eza one day. What a trip that must have been!

Common Lackey

I was stumped for architectural interpretations, so decided to take the sand castles route:

Dior Dune

DiorDune_advert_2_.jpg

Funky fresh

Here is "my" castle in Ireland. The deep ancestors who gave me my last name lived here...so, probably like my great x15-20 grandmother and grandfather.

I visited a few years ago...it's in a very rural area of north-central Ireland, on a loch, in a sheep pasture. Pretty cool to see! It's mostly a ruin, but some parts are surprisingly intact.

moygara-castle.jpg

download.jpg

Wearing Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Joining the sync with Francesco Smalto PH- one of the darkest do still have, use and wear, after not owning Salvador Dali PH anymore.

Due to associating this scent with both a certain both down to earth, quite rustic image castle life and a Mediterranean setting/landscape where this castle might be located, chose this particular sync illustration:

Bussana Vecchia.jpg

And for evening, going back further in time to the broch at Midhowe on the island of Rousay in Orkney (built in the last centuries BC),
    https://www.undiscoveredscotland.co....och/index.html
    with Mona di Orio Cuir : leather and cumin.

Summer is here : greens, vetiver, aromatics. Selecting from : Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme EdT; Guerlain Vetiver, Etro Palais Jamais. Aramis Tuscany; Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; Knize Sec; Caron Yatagan; . Evening : Etro Ambra, Etro Shaal Nur; Knize Ten, Penhaligon's Elixir.

Basenotes Plus

I wanted to share this sandcastle today - the largest sandcastle in the world as of 2019. It was built in Binz, Germany and is almost 58 feet tall. I wonder what happens to this thing when it rains?

Tallest-sandcastle-body_tcm25-582439.jpg

Though this particular sandcastle doesn't appear to be near an ocean, I am syncing in Bond No. Fire Island, and may move to Tom Ford Soleil Blanc later. Two very beachy, suntan lotion-type scents.

Happy Friday all!

I’m not old, I’m vintage.

“This is about making a perfume like a Loire castle, a perfume that could rise higher than the castle of Blois, higher than the terrace where the last Valois watched the sun set in its glory. And then disappear, die, as if by magic before the fall.”

C3B226DA-69DC-44BE-89D0-8EC9083E8A31.jpg

Etat Libre d’Orange - Exit the King

The pepper/jasmine/muguet/"soap foam accord" combo ends up smelling vaguely vegetal and aquatic: seaweed? Not exactly, but borderline. So, sand castles after all, as befits a perfume "inspired by the fall of patriarchal power." The PR hyperbole says it's "resolutely chypre," but since there's no bergamot, labdanum, or oakmoss, "I do not think that means what you think it means." (The same comment applies to "the fall of patriarchal power," unless this is perfume that hasn't happened yet.) Buried beneath is a base of post-IFRA tree moss alongside fairly indistinct patchouli, an unconvincing sandalwood accord, and Orcanox brand ambroxide.

Mild, and mildly pleasant, but not something I'd really rock as, per the title, Elvis has left the building.
    Last edited by PStoller; 11th June 2021 at 11:34 PM.
    Currently wearing: J'ai Osé by J'ai Osé

Just able to get on this evening and I see Wingie and I are thinking alike! I got a notice yesterday that my decant of Fire Island was coming so I was very excited to get it and do the sand castle thing. A first I wondered if I got ripped off from an eBay seller because what I have on my arm is hideous. It is like someone stuffed my mouth and nose full of extra strength dryer sheets. I’ve washed twice and used an alcohol swab and it is still stinking. If I am successful in removing it I plan to put on some Timbuktu because it reminds me of old rooms full of ancient books and manuscripts.

I had high hopes for Fire Island for the sun/beach weekend sync going on,. PU!

Edit: Ok, well maybe this was just mislabeled and not a purposeful thing. Can’t imagine this is what the label says.
    UPDATE: This might be a case of heat damage. In any event the seller was kind enough to offer another sample with my next order.
    Last edited by Earlyn; 13th June 2021 at 07:39 PM.
    ”I want all the perfumes”
    Currently wearing: Eau de Roche by Rochas

SOTE:

91826052-E008-4C64-A45A-6FDB2CEE751C.jpg

Geo. F. Trumper - Astor Cologne

Hever Castle & Astor Wing.jpg

Hever Castle as restored by William Waldorf Astor, feat. the Astor Wing (right)

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Hever Castle as restored by William Waldorf Astor, feat. the Astor Wing (right)
    Finally -- one with a moat!

and Orcanox brand ambroxide.
    Is that an actual thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingie View Post
    I wanted to share this sandcastle today - the largest sandcastle in the world as of 2019.
    Dang. I think the man in the lower left corner is carving a sphinx.

…Orcanox brand ambroxide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Is that an actual thing?
    It is indeed. There are many alternatives to Ambroxan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Finally -- one with a moat!
    Here’s one Dr. T and I actually stayed in:
    B9B6BBED-7A87-4D67-AE60-0D538E05C04E.jpg

Creed Royal English Leather - It's speaks nobility, a scent for any nobleman that walks inside a castle.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Back to castles this evening with Etro Patchouly EdT, which has more than a passing similarity to Messe de Minuit with its damp stone crypt smell.

Somehow continuing the sync, with a fragrance named after a town where the entire historical center looks like an ancient castle/fortress: namely Sienna by Crabtree & Evelyn

Late posting my second sync scent, Red Queen by 4160 Tuesdays which was inspired by Alice's Adventures both in Wonderland, and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Fleur de Peau by Diptyque

Also threw on some Creed Windsor for the occasion

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41