Code of Conduct
Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1559
    Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2021

If I participate I’m going to have to flip it and make my scent for the winter solstice. Still trying to decide whether to wear something cold and wintery or warm and comforting to ease the cold.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

I am thinking L'Artisan Jour de Fête, a celebration of Summer.
    DONNA

It's my birthday tomorrow, so it must be not only summery, but also one of my personal favourites
    I'm thinking Les Amoureux de Peynet by Molinard - a sharply delicious citrusy cologne with all kinds of citruses, lemon verbena, some petitgrain and some ginger on top. It pierces through the heat and through my bad mood or any sickness or malady I might have and makes it all better.
    The bottle is very autumnal-looking though, but it's definitely a summer scent (that I wear throughout the year whenever I feel like it).

I posted this in the wrong thread

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    If I participate I’m going to have to flip it and make my scent for the winter solstice. Still trying to decide whether to wear something cold and wintery or warm and comforting to ease the cold.
    I love that the Aussie BNers are upside-down from us Northies. Kind of forces us to think more globally.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowtone View Post
    but it's not Nivea sun. THEY CHANGED IT!
    You have my complete sympathy. Not cool indeed. I was never a Nivea user, but the same thing happened to me with Neutrogena Rainbath, a cherished bath scent of my youth. I was gutted. And even the classic American sunscreen Coppertone doesn't smell the same anymore.

Solstice makes me think most about change -
    A stellar relay
    Slow, nearly imperceptible change
    The march of time, and the immensity of the mysterious universe that we have evolved to sync with down to a cellular level
    Could be a little melancholy in Summer, marking the shortening of daylight

My perfect sync fragrance, which I have not identified, would have a very big dynamic range from top to bottom and great longevity, along with a hallmark note of Summer.
    ”I want all the perfumes”

From an already permissive wardrobe (at least in terms of potential solstice sync fragrances) lucky enough to have a fairly permissive selection, therefore not in a rush to choose yet-even though will quite likely join
    Currently wearing: Horizon by Guy Laroche

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

06-18-21 - Wear a Summer Fragrance/Summer Solstice Day(3)
    06-25-21 - Cook.bot’s Green Day(4)

Plans are forming......
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

I put all my more summery scents out on display and asked the bf to choose what he felt was the most summery and/or best smelling. He chose vtg Diorella so that will be my sotd for Friday's synch

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by Earlyn View Post
    My perfect sync fragrance, which I have not identified, would have a very big dynamic range from top to bottom and great longevity, along with a hallmark note of Summer.
    That would be a tough brief for a summer frag, since they usually have such light bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    06-25-21 - Cook.bot’s Green Day(4)

Plans are forming......
    Rock band references will be disallowed.

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    I put all my more summery scent out on display and asked the bf to choose what he felt was the most summery and/or best smelling. He chose vtg Diorella so that will be my sotd for Friday's synch
    You have a very discerning boyfriend. Long may he reign. I'm considering Diorella myself, but my supply of vintage is alarmingly low.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    That would be a tough brief for a summer frag, since they usually have such light bases.

Drat! If it weren't for those pesky kids!

Funky fresh

Summer Day shall be Eau Sauvage. My summer standby.

That could also be a Bot Day pick, but I think I will have to go with Corsica Furiosa for that one.

I wore it yesterday and my wife randomly complimented it and said it smelled familiar, which tells you how much I like these kinds of spare, vegetal green scents. It smells somewhat like French Lover, which I recently drained (!) and CdG Laurel, but a little friendlier than either, somehow.

Anyhow, it was one of the first samples I received from her Botliness, and so I will always associate it with her and her greenery.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I'm letting B&BW Gingham answer tomorrow's sync brief in a pre-sync now. A very chill but bright fresh floral, it's the B&BW store signature scent - "the Fierce of Bath & Body Works". The work of Honorine Blanc, it sells French country values in middle America while disavowing all knowledge of anything so scandalous.

An easy wear for the boys, as the fresh citric floral easily mistaken for quality soap.

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    That could also be a Bot Day pick, but I think I will have to go with Corsica Furiosa for that one.
    Oh yeah. Make mama happy.

Just an indicator of my larger flaw. I do want all things all ways.

You have a very discerning boyfriend. Long may he reign. I'm considering Diorella myself, but my supply of vintage is alarmingly low.
    Here now this is a good choice!
    ”I want all the perfumes”

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    Yes, I will be doing this as well. Too cold here (especially the mornings) to even think about summer scents at the moment. I'm going with my most warming scent - Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone. This Malone has very good longevity, too!
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Eau Rose by Diptyque

Absolutely I've "raised" him well in the world of perfumery. He already loves cooking and spices so perfume was something he soon also found interesting, after he noticed my passion for it

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Went with my most wintery scent - Dior Homme Parfum even thought it's not that cold today.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

Basenotes Plus

When I'm not being a fragrance nerd, my other hobby is birding (incidentally, I wonder how much crossover there is between the birding and fragrance communities?). In the summers I look forward to the arrival of the only hummingbird common to the eastern U.S., the ruby-throated hummingbird. They're beautiful, tiny birds who mostly feed on nectar from flowers and small insects and will visit backyard nectar feeders. This year, spotting them has been made more difficult by the arrival of cicada brood X. The cicadas are about the same size, and - though beauty is in the eye of the beholder - somewhat less lovely than my beloved hummingbirds.

Anyway because of that I'm going with Zoologist Hummingbird for this week's sync, although to be honest it's a scent I merely like, rather than love. (I struggled to appreciate most of the Zoologist fragrances I've sampled; I found them pretty challenging. Hummingbird was the most accessible of the ones I tried by far.) It's certainly not a "fresh" summer scent, but as a reminder of the luscious flowers and sweet fruits of summer, it's hard to beat.

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by LauraH View Post
    When I'm not being a fragrance nerd, my other hobby is birding (incidentally, I wonder how much crossover there is between the birding and fragrance communities?).
    Apparently quite a bit:

https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...are-you-seeing

Started a day early by wearing Creed Millesime Imperial. Triple digit weather here in California today, it was 104 degrees, it just felt like the right scent to wear.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Cyprès-Musc by Creed

My summer solstice synch scent is going to be
    Eau de Rochas Escapade en Mediterranne.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I'll start with the daily ritual of Creed Virgin Island Water followed by a few other warm weather contenders. Something green would be nice, something citrusy, something fresh. Rotate them out every couple of hours.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Cyprès-Musc by Creed

Blog Entries

Summer fragrances make up the majority of my wardrobe, so l'm truly spoilt for choice this week. The weather is not particularly summery here today as it's cool & pouring with rain, but l've gone for Greek Keys to evoke that Mediterranean vibe.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Laconia by Tom Daxon

My perfect summer scent for today's sync is

Puro Fico by Officina delle Essenze
    Currently wearing: Cialenga by Balenciaga

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday ClockworkAlice

Thank you, Jon! <3

I'm starting the synch with another one of my favourites - Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic by Guerlain
    I just love these summer citruses so much. Something about the smell of all of them, be it tangerine, orange, grapefruit, lime or lemon - makes me so happy.

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, ClockworkAlice!

For this synch, I could have gone the tropical/beachy route with Terracotta Le Parfum, or narcotic/sultry with Serge Lutens Fleurs d’Oranger. In the end I reached for my decant of Ô de Lancôme. It’s a refreshing spa tonic to cut through the summer swelter.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Earlyn View Post

I'm considering Diorella myself, but my supply of vintage is alas low.
    Weather here is surprisingly cool so I was thinking I could pull off vintage Diorella parfum, which meets Earlyn’s requirements. Wish I could hand you some, Cook,bot.

Diorella is what I reach for when I want a summer perfume with gravitas.

Happy Birthday, ClockworkAlice !

Think I'll go for something herbal/aromatic today for the Summer Solstice Synch : Corsica Furiosa, and perhaps Yatagan later.

ETA : starting the Synch with Aramis Tuscany, an aromatic fougere
    Top notes are Lemon, Bergamot, Lavender and Lime; middle notes are Anise, Caraway, Orange Blossom and Tarragon; base notes are Leather, Oakmoss, Basil, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cinnamon and Tonka Bean.
    Last edited by incense+heliotrope; 18th June 2021 at 01:29 PM.
    Summer is here : greens, vetiver, aromatics. Daily drivers : Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme EdT; Guerlain Vetiver, Etro Palais Jamais. Aramis Tuscany; Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; CDG Zagorsk; Caron Yatagan; Puig Quorum; Hermes Equipage Geranium.
    Sampling : Parfum d'Empire Eau de Gloire, Corsica Furiosa; Anatole Lebreton L'Eau de Merzhin; Chanel No19 Poudre; Knize Sec
    Currently wearing: Lonestar Memories by Tauer

Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast