Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Exclamation Pineward Perfumes

a new indie house has launched today. Pineward Perfumes

Pineward Perfume shop
    looks like only 2 perfumes released so far. info from the website:

Fanghorn - Notes: silver fir, moss, lichen, wet soil, and damp vegetation.
    A dark and sticky fir perfume with fresh dew and earthen root qualities, reminiscent of new and old forest growth in harmony.
    Parfum extrait+ compounded at 38%

Steading - Notes: tobacco, hay, beeswax, barley, dried needles, poplar, hops, maple, and wisps of peat smoke.
    A dense wheaty tobacco perfume with dried fir needles and honeyed maple sweetness.
    Parfum extrait compounded at 33%

I am trying both but steading looks to be more my style. Once I receive and sample them I will share my thoughts.
    Currently wearing: Kyara by Di Ser

Default Re: Pineward Perfumes

---
    Last edited by feeble_25; 3rd July 2021 at 08:28 AM.
    "In the kingdom of smells, everything is either bliss or torture, sometimes so subtly blended that often I find myself, when the many strands of a supposedly simple odor are trapped in my palpitating nostrils, actually listening to it, as carefully as if I were unraveling a symphony's sonorous phrases. "

-Collete, "Fragrance"

I am looking forward to putting my nose on the Pineward creations, particularly the ones featuring my favorite note: Tobacco

Pineward Perfumes is an endeavor by our fellow Basenoter, junior_surgeon.
    Wishing you much success junior_surgeon!
    If you can smell me you're too close.
    Scent is an exercise in patience and imagination.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

Appreciate the info.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Very cool, these sound great!

So excited for these! Went for a 17ml.of each.
    Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

Conifer Connoisseur

Hey thanks for the support everyone! It's been a labor of love and a long time in coming. I'm really proud of these first perfumes and am excited for everyone to be able to try what I've been working on, with many more to come.
    My perfume project: http://pinewardperfume.com/

Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by junior_surgeon View Post
    Hey thanks for the support everyone! It's been a labor of love and a long time in coming. I'm really proud of these first perfumes and am excited for everyone to be able to try what I've been working on, with many more to come.
    You know I'm definitely in my friend!

---
    Last edited by feeble_25; 3rd July 2021 at 08:28 AM.
    "In the kingdom of smells, everything is either bliss or torture, sometimes so subtly blended that often I find myself, when the many strands of a supposedly simple odor are trapped in my palpitating nostrils, actually listening to it, as carefully as if I were unraveling a symphony's sonorous phrases. "

-Collete, "Fragrance"

Conifer Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by feeble_25 View Post
    Do you also ship to Europe?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Not by default, but if you're keen on it we can work something out.

I like the concept of this house. Both Fanghorn and Steading looks very interesting. Hopefully I'll be able to at least sample them.

Fanghorn is magic...

Steading is magic too...

Reviews still to come.

Junior Surgeon has TALENT!

I've been wearing Steading today and enjoying it immensely!
    I'll start out by saying that both Fanghorn and Steading are nuclear in strength and obviously made of high quality ingredients. As JS said above, theses fragrances are a labor of love and it shows!

In the opening of Steading I'm picking up maple syrup, confer needle, a bright, bitter sparkle, perhaps from the hops, and a slight tobacco note. It smells so good! There is also a resinous woodiness from the overall composition that has a slight licorice vibe like Vikt by Slumberhouse, but Steading doesn't smell like Vikt overall. The licorice vibe is very slight and I only smell it when I hold my wrist up to my nose for several seconds.

At 45 minutes in it still smells similar to the opening which is amazing! At an hour in the tobacco note has ramped up on my skin just a bit and it smells great!

At the 4.5 hour to 5 hour mark, Steading started to shift to more of the maple syrup vibe. I prefer the opening and heart notes to the far dry down, but it still smells excellent. Steading also lasts very well on my skin as it's over 12.5 hours since application and is still going strong.

I can't recommend both Steading and Fanghorn enough...they are both exactly the kind of fragrances I love and as I said, Junior Surgeon has obvious talent, which is very exciting as he's a conifer nut like me!

Next up is the Mighty Fanghorn...which is a conifer lovers dream fragrance!!!
    Last edited by Scent Detective; 26th November 2020 at 05:18 PM.

Wearing Steading again today as it's the perfect cozy fall fragrance for Thanksgiving Day. Smells amazing!

Just put in my order for 17ml of Steading and Fanghorn. Have to support Junior_Surgeon since he’s the one that got me in to coniferous fragrances with his excellent coniferous fragrances guide on Reddit.

Okay...today has been spectacular and the main reason it has is because I've been wearing Fanghorn all day and it has made me feel amazing.

Fanghorn is my new favorite coniferous fragrance, which is saying a lot because I'm very picky and opinionated about my conifer fragrances and I own quite a few that I've spent a number of years procuring and I'm so excited about the smell, the sillage, and the longevity of Fanghorn. It has just blown me away all day. As much as I love Norne and Fille en Aiguilles, Good Fir 11, Blood Cedar, El Cosmico, Jacaranda, etc., Fanghorn has just bumped them all down the mountain just a bit to take the top spot in my little Alpine world.

Today was our annual trip to the forest to cut down our Christmas tree and I couldn't have asked for a better fragrance than Fanghorn to accompany me today. This fragrance will be a lifelong friend.

Thank you SOOOOOOOO MUCH Junior Surgeon for creating this amazing coniferous dream of a fragrance. It's my new jam!

If anybody knows conifer scents it's this person. I'm looking forward to the restock of those 37ml bottles. I love the bottle design too!

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

Wow - congrats!!!
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Conifer Connoisseur

Hi all, just an update to those who have placed orders:

I decided to expand the sample set to six perfumes (with these samples also being added to bottle orders), and ran out of vials to fulfil all these orders. The additional shipment of sample vials was supposed to be here last Thursday but has yet to arrive (or move at all from it's "in transit" status according to tracking), so today I went to the University chemistry stockroom and purchased several hundred half-dram vials to use in place of the other samples. I'm in the process of filling and labeling them tonight, and every non-international order will be shipped tomorrow. Apologies for the delay, and thanks for your understanding and support!

Basenotes Plus

I decided to expand the sample set to six perfumes (with these samples also being added to bottle orders), and ran out of vials to fulfil all these orders. The additional shipment of sample vials was supposed to be here last Thursday but has yet to arrive (or move at all from it's "in transit" status according to tracking), so today I went to the University chemistry stockroom and purchased several hundred half-dram vials to use in place of the other samples. I'm in the process of filling and labeling them tonight, and every non-international order will be shipped tomorrow. Apologies for the delay, and thanks for your understanding and support!
    Thanks for the update!
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Looking forward to receiving my set!

Conifer Connoisseur

All domestic orders placed before 4:00pm today were shipped, thanks for your patience. With the order volume leveled out and sample vials in transit processing times should be much lower for future orders.

Still working on filling out forms for international orders, I should have them sent off between Saturday and early next week.

Thanks everyone!

All Is Beautiful

thank you, and I hope you do great in your new venture.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Basenotes Plus

Samples ordered!!!

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Thanks for the update JS. My excitement is building even more now.

Got this little package in the mail this morning. The little baggie of pine needles is a nice touch. Unfortunately I’m congested from a head cold so I can’t smell that well.

B5CB79A5-EC33-4C5D-BEDD-04BE13D09269.jpg
    Last edited by bl00drunzcold; 7th December 2020 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Forgot to add pic

Basenotes Member

Got mine on Saturday, and I am quite happy. Fanghorn and Christmas Wine are instant loves. Fanghorn sits somewhere between Norne and Fume to me. Familiar, but with a totally unique identity. Steading I thought was good, but didn't blow me away initially. The longer I wore it, the better it got though. Very dry and sexy.

Very skilled perfumer, super excited to see what comes next.

Pineward.jpg
    Currently wearing: Fur by Madhat Scents

Basenotes Plus

Are you all decanting into atomizers? Or dabbing on from the splash samples?

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast