Code of Conduct

Default incense! incense! my kingdoom for an incense!

Hi all fellow beautiful creatures of the night
    I look at you, it's at you I come in front of your devotee shrine and I humbly again ask for directions
    be my muse, be my guide, be my prophets

for I am lost, I am lost in the Labyrinth and the Beast is behind me, ever smelling like the foul creature he is
    ever chasing down the corners of this dark antique building

Let's begin like true greek choruses
    First the Actors

The Minotaur: deep buriend inside my memories there is a dark obscure smell, animalistic and tribal yet wonderful and elegant. long time gone is M7 and all the woody eleusine mysteries that came after it. Now the beast smells of Cuir de Molinard and I am scared. He's too manly now, now that I have abandoned the flesh and the fur to groom more sophisticated realms, now that I have passed the first rooms filled with cypress and labdanum and I find myself in a sequence of magical ordeals based on alcaloids and synthetics and a modern future to come.

Ariadne: There she stand, dark mysterious distant but present, I have her thread in my hand, it's blu like a starry night, it's soft like silk but twice as seductive. She is tall over me, her shoulders in the sky, her skin smells of oceans and salt but then of things done in private, near the skin, things of devotion. As this time is long gone too, I must say goodbye to her ethereal beautiful Molecules I must forget her Cor4nol vibes and try to recover from the intoxication. Her priest still smell of Full Incense and they are at the end of the labyrinth, I can see them. But they are just but a pure background to the search

The Thread: Here you are. I look at you, my next me. I have you in my mind and in my hands and you smeel fresh yet suble, you smell technical yet antique. I see at you like in 7 for Men with your balsam for my unresting soul, with your persisent embrace which seems so blue and distand yet so dear to the skin, so intimate
    in a word
    sensual

The Prologue:

I want to be new
    as perfumes are myths
    I want to be a new myth
    I delved strongly in the woods of my frankincense
    I won't be able to leave that
    but I saw the possibilities of this new skin
    while waring Kyoto for so much time
    but now it's time for something deeper
    I look at benzoin
    I look at you chemicals, trying to recreate life

I need a new Incense
    I need a new God or Goddess

I need to be the silent priest of a new fresher dark night
    where the sky is blue and distant
    but the winds carry on the forests

I remain on my knees waiting for a response
    as the Ones That Came Before now start to speak

(p.s. please forgive me. i must ask for not too expensive stuff as I am poor and the money i had is gone. my offering will be small.
    also forgive the style. as perfumes are labyrinths in which we get lost, I couldn't resist the temptation.
    long live the Stories, long live the Myths ♥
    ---
    “Besides, rereading, not reading, is what counts.” ― Jorge Luis Borges
    Currently wearing: 7 de Loewe by Loewe

Default Re: incense! incense! my kingdoom for an incense!

Wow- some post!

The rumour is that CdG are scrapping their Incense range but what about their '2Man' ?

Also, I love Serge Noire by Lutens in the winter.

Basenotes Plus

Wait. What just happened?
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

I would take rumours with a big pinch of salt. We're in the middle of a massive economic slowdown and, likely, length recession. Businesses are not immune from the effects of both short term disruption to distribution and also longer term recalibration of production. I'd be surprised if CdG killed their incense line - temporary unavailability seems more likely. I hope they don't discontinue them, either, as they're the best thing the brand produces.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Nice post, well done.

I would recommend trying Zadig & Voltaire's This Is Him for a simple, understated option.

For something more opulent, if you can stretch to niche prices, Eau Sacree by Heeley is stunning. Cardinal might be a more affordable option and is lighter, less floral, very 'pure' frankincense without the smoke.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Full Incense
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Try Chopard's new Black Incense Malaki. Spices, Somalian frankincense, Oud, Leather.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Basenotes Institution

Memoir Man

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Wow- some post!

The rumour is that CdG are scrapping their Incense range but what about their '2Man' ?

Also, I love Serge Noire by Lutens in the winter.
    Thanks! ♥

hmmmm CdG. yes. their incenses. I probably should buy both Avignone and Kyoto. I owned both. But being poor now is not easy.
    I guess I will be just grateful I wore them in the past.

Kyoto is all I would ask from an Incense to be honest. but i would like to look forward the future.
    Serge Lutens on the other hand, never tried. I'll check it out thanks! ♥
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Full Incense
    This would be the nearest thing I have to a signature fragrance. to the point that people ask me when I am going to wear again that perfume.

but who am I to please them? what kind of creature of desire I would be if I were to give them what they want? nay
    I need something new, something coming from the retrofuture, somehow. ♥
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    Nice post, well done.

I would recommend trying Zadig & Voltaire's This Is Him for a simple, understated option.

For something more opulent, if you can stretch to niche prices, Eau Sacree by Heeley is stunning. Cardinal might be a more affordable option and is lighter, less floral, very 'pure' frankincense without the smoke.
    I have sampled Cardinal and wore it a bit. I preferred Full Incense to it but it also very expensive.
    On the other side that Z&V perfume you are telling me, could be something interesting. The pretense to be modern and have a heart of vanilla and incense is something I like it. I will surely try it, thanks for the tip! ♥
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Palicao View Post
    I have sampled Cardinal and wore it a bit. I preferred Full Incense to it but it also very expensive.
    On the other side that Z&V perfume you are telling me, could be something interesting. The pretense to be modern and have a heart of vanilla and incense is something I like it. I will surely try it, thanks for the tip! ♥
    No problem, it's a very enjoyable incense fragrance for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    Nice post, well done.

These!

I need to be the silent priest of a new fresher dark night
    where the sky is blue and distant
    but the winds carry on the forests
    CdG Zagorsk - snow and forests, and incense.
    Epiphany to Candlemas rotation of incense, iris, leather, heliotrope, smoke, cold, green : CdG Black, Avignon, Zagorsk; Jacomo de Jacomo, GGA, Etro Gomma, Bottega Veneta pH EdT, Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; Infusion d'Iris EdP; Etro Heliotrope. Sampling Hermes Bel Ami, Hiris, Eau de Gentiane Blanche; LAVS, Cardinal, No19 Poudre, Papillon Angelique and Anubis.
    Currently wearing: Équipage by Hermès

Apart from so many great recommendations already mentioned, also adding the Les Parfums Remarquables incense EDP fragrance line by Le Couvents des Minimes