Code of Conduct

Default Recommendation next purchase ( Yatagan, Opium, The Dreamer, Ungaro III, LIDGE )

Best 2 or 3 from this list ?

I am interested in having some priorities and starting with only a few but the best ... 3 maximum.
    I appreciate your recommendations.

Caron Yatagan
    YSL Opium Pour Homme
    Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT
    Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDP
    Ambre Amande L'Occitane
    Versace the Dreamer edt
    Patchouli Reminiscence
    Franck Olivier Oud Touch
    Paloma Picasso Minotaure
    Ungaro L'homme III
    Winter Signature: Chanel Anteus, Gucci Guilty Absolute,Fahrenheit Parfum, Dior Homme Parfum, Declaration Essence, Dunhill Icon, Spicebomb Extreme, Mancera Red Tobacco,
    Currently wearing: Cardinal by Heeley

Default Re: Recommendation next purchase ( Yatagan, Opium, The Dreamer, Ungaro III, LIDGE )

YSL Opium Pour Homme for sure!

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Recommendation next purchase ( Yatagan, Opium, The Dreamer, Ungaro III, LIDGE )

The Dreamer is a nice one.

My favorite, by far, is Yatagan. More interesting and unique.

Ungaro III or Ungaro II (I like II a lot-I don't remember III, is that the rosy one?)

cacio

Caron Yatagan

Paloma Picasso Minotaure
    FREE AS THE WIND!

I don't really think any of that is worth getting blind except for Yatagan. You could buy all those, and probably be disappointed with all of them, and an ambivalent okay at best for some, or get one bottle of something you really enjoy.

Reminiscence Patchouli

Caron Yatagan

YSL Opium
    Currently wearing: Pancaldi by Hanorah

Dependent

Opium EdP for sure
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Don't know any of them

Must be boomer scents!

(just kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Opium EdP for sure
    One of the best fragrances I've ever owned.
    Currently wearing: Pancaldi by Hanorah

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    One of the best fragrances I've ever owned.
    Same here, an all-time favorite. Absolutely stellar fragrance by any metric. CAN BE FOUND reasonably priced too - I own 3 full bottles and a partial have not paid more than $120 for any of them.
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Of that list, Patchouli Reminissence and Yatagan
    Currently wearing: Patchouli 24 by Le Labo

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Caron Yatagan
    YSL Opium Pour Homme
    Ungaro L'homme III
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

All Is Beautiful

Yatagan
    Ungaro PH III
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

YSL Opium Pour Homme
    Ungaro L'homme III
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Dependent

I may not be of much help because, from your list, I have only tried Yatagan, but I do recommend it with enthusiasm!

Yatagan

Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDP and/or EDT

I vote for:

Yatagan (can be challenging though and it really isn't for everyone)
    Opium Pour Homme EDT (rich, warming, comforting)
    L'Instant Pout Homme EDT (versatile and light patchouli, easy to daily)

Opium Pour Homme
    L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Minotaure

Opium EdP for sure
    The edp version is discontinued. The edt is also very good.

Caron Yatagan
    Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT
    Ungaro L'homme III[
    Top 10: Chanel Antaeus, Chanel Sycamore, Creed Aventus, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Frapin Isle of Man, Guerlain Habit Rouge, Hermes Terre d'Hermes, TF Beau de Jour, TF Tuscan Leather, YSL Rive Gauche.

10-20: ADP Colonia Essenza, Chanel Egoiste, Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree, Creed Vintage Tabarome, Dunhill Edition, Dunhill For Men 1934, Knize Ten, Polo Modern Reserve, YSL M7, Zaharoff Signature

Wearing Perfume Right Now

I used to have Opium Pour Homme edp. I loved the opening, but not the base. I’d like to try the edt.

I like Yatagan.

Opium EdP for sure
    This!
    My Top '11':

- Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Armani: AdG Profumo
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - Guerlain: Héritage (vtg)
    - Thierry Mugler: A*men
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - YSL: Kouros (vtg)
    - PdM: Layton

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I used to have Opium Pour Homme edp. I loved the opening, but not the base. I’d like to try the edt.
    Same here regarding the EdP. It was one heck of a projection monster mind you.

I currently have the EdT which seems to last surprisingly long on my skin. Very delicate and smooth chypre-oriental with pepper and spicy, all rounded off by a creamy vanilla. Easily the best from the OP's list.

From this list, in the (their) current and/or any formulation (s):

Yatagan
    LIDGE

while preferably vintage:

Opium PH
    Versace The Dreamer
    Minotaure and/or
    Ungaro III
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

I have 4 of the fragrances and here's how I'd rank them:

LIDGE
    Opium Pour Homme EDT
    Caron Yatagan
    Versace The Dreamer

Lidge is the least masculine smelling of the 4; it has a powdery cocoa that makes it more unisex smelling but is very nice. Good date night scent, but you must love patchouli and cocoa
    Opium pour homme is also not very masculine smelling; its fairly sweet, from the blackcurrant I think, and has loads and loads of star anise. A spicy, unisex leaning Oriental.
    Yatagan is by far the most masculine of the 4, in fact its up there for my most masculine scents. No sweetness whatsoever. Dark woody scent with some greens and a dry musk.
    Versace The Dreamer is no slouch either. It's a bit sweet and quite hefty on the tobacco. Must love tobacco, and if you do I suggest you absolutely pick this one up. Next to Havana and Quorum its probably my favourite tobacco
    Formerly known as BeardedBarbershopFan - Still have a beard and still a barbershop fan

Opium EdP