Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default Fragrancenet Expands

Fragrancenet has been expanding. Not too long ago they opened a warehouse in Nevada which given the heat in Nevada puzzles me no end, but nevertheless the goal was to get orders to customers sooner.

I just discovered that they have added an option to pay for one's order via one's Amazon account. This is a nice bonus for anyone who may want to charge his/her Frangrancenet order to the Amazon bank card. In addition, one earns 5% back on purchases made on the Amazon bank card. This is better news to my ears than is the warehouse in Nevada.
    Currently wearing: Sensuous by Estée Lauder

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Fragrancenet Expands

I'm sure their warehouse is climate controlled.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned

Probably so, but how well controlled? It is bloody hot in Nevada! Last year my Noir de Noir was shipped from there. It is fine, but shipping from Nevada worries me more than shipping from NY.

Basenotes Plus

It’s not unusual for small to medium enterprise to use third-party logistics. I wouldn’t be alarmed by a new distribution center.

Banned

I am happy they have a second warehouse. It is the location that bothers me. I do not order a lot from them anymore anyway, though. Last order I paid for overnight shipping and it still took them 5 days to get it to me!

Las Vegas was actually a booming place for, get this, server hubs/data centers, when I left 10 years ago. You wouldn't think it would be because of the heat, but it's actually the dry climate that's optimal (low taxes vs. California helps, too). Southern NV is actually becoming a tech hot spot as a result and Google just built a $600 million data center out there.

That being said, I noticed my last order placed with them recently was shipped from somewhere in PA which made me wonder if they had acquired a warehouse outside of the NYC metro area to help facilitate shipments quicker.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Banned

It is amazing how Vegas has changed over the years, but it has always been a place of opportunity for everyone.

I have not purchased a great deal from Fragrancenet this last year or two, but I have not had anything shipped from PA. Interesting....

Missing Oakmoss

It's just a guess on my part, but I'll bet FragranceNet struck some kind of deal with Amazon that allows them to sell third-party Amazon sellers' merchandise (along with the ability to accept payment through Amazon). If so, FragranceNet shipments will not necessarily originate in the warehouse locations we're used to seeing. The new Nevada place might just be a conveniently located multi-use "fulfillment center."

I wouldn't worry about the heat inside the new warehouse, as fragrances throughout the southwest are stored for long periods of time in off-site facilities and shipped in trucks to post offices where they sit on sweltering loading docks and delivery vehicles for days.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post

I wouldn't worry about the heat inside the new warehouse, as fragrances throughout the southwest are stored for long periods of time in off-site facilities and shipped in trucks to post offices where they sit on sweltering loading docks and delivery vehicles for days.
    I can never stop worrying about heat and humidity. I am so susceptible to those two things myself. I stopped buying fragrances during the hot weather months for this reason. I mainly buy at this time of year with few exceptions. I will not buy from May through September anymore. I worry less about new fragrances than I do about vintages, though. Vintages can always be a little tricky anyway.

I am glad Fragrancenet is expanding, though. They are fortunate to be doing this well in this economy, and I wish them all the best.

Sephora also has a Distribution Center in Las Vagas that they ship stuff out of.
    About three weeks ago when they had the members coupon events going
    on I ordered a bottle of Versace Eros EDP and a bottle of Replica Jazz Club.
    Both of my bottles were shipped from their Las Vegas DC and seemed okay.

Banned

Oh, that is good to know, Vampiro. I had no idea Sephora has a distribution centre in Vegas, either.

I’m not old, I’m vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by Oriane View Post
    I can never stop worrying about heat and humidity. … I am glad Fragrancenet is expanding, though.
    Well, heat and humidity can cause that.
    Currently wearing: Eau Cendrée by Jacomo

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Well, heat and humidity can cause that.
    And too much Turkey.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Roadster by Cartier

.. .
    Last edited by kalli; 27th November 2020 at 09:50 AM.

Banned

^^^ Well, that is good to know! I feel comforted now! Thank you!

Dependent

This sounds like good news to many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Oriane View Post
    I am happy they have a second warehouse. It is the location that bothers me. I do not order a lot from them anymore anyway, though. Last order I paid for overnight shipping and it still took them 5 days to get it to me!
    Order only during the winter?

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by pfranka View Post
    Vegas wouldn't be Vegas without the Hoover Dam, and the Hoover Dam is what delivered an excess (at the time) of electricity to Vegas, which in turn made it one of the world's capitals of air conditioning. If there's one thing they know about in Vegas, it's A/C. Also water. Of course, first California stole all the water from the Colorado river, but then AZ and NV finally came for their share, with Saudi Arabia now stealing a bunch. How is that? Because of all things, they grow HAY in the middle of the desert in AZ with their share of the Colorado, and they then sell that incredibly water-intensive crop to the Saudis for their horses (because no water source like that there). One of the great environmental shams of the U.S. Meanwhile, by the time it reaches Mexico, the river is dry. And I could go on but someone might claim that human decency is politics and get mad.

Anyway, yeah, plenty of A/C in Vegas.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ddddmike View Post
    Vegas wouldn't be Vegas without the Hoover Dam, and the Hoover Dam is what delivered an excess (at the time) of electricity to Vegas, which in turn made it one of the world's capitals of air conditioning. If there's one thing they know about in Vegas, it's A/C. Also water. Of course, first California stole all the water from the Colorado river, but then AZ and NV finally came for their share, with Saudi Arabia now stealing a bunch. How is that? Because of all things, they grow HAY in the middle of the desert in AZ with their share of the Colorado, and they then sell that incredibly water-intensive crop to the Saudis for their horses (because no water source like that there). One of the great environmental shams of the U.S. Meanwhile, by the time it reaches Mexico, the river is dry. And I could go on but someone might claim that human decency is politics and get mad.

Anyway, yeah, plenty of A/C in Vegas.
    Wow, I never knew that before. That is CRAZY!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pfranka View Post
    Yes, that is mainly what I do now. I try not to buy during the hot, humid months. If I do, I pay for overnight shipping. In the long run, it is worth it for me.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

I wonder if there's any way to notice an increase in inventory on the site.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I wonder if there's any way to notice an increase in inventory on the site.
    Only for individual products. If you put something in your "cart", you can edit the quantity. If you select "10+", it will allow you to fill in a box by hand about how many units you'd like to purchase. Simply type in something unrealistically high, and FragranceNet will adjust your cart down to the total number in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    Only for individual products. If you put something in your "cart", you can edit the quantity. If you select "10+", it will allow you to fill in a box by hand about how many units you'd like to purchase. Simply type in something unrealistically high, and FragranceNet will adjust your cart down to the total number in stock.
    This is nice.... I like the way you (or whoever figured it out) thinks!!!
    Currently wearing: Cefiro by Floris

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by woodnotes55 View Post
    This is nice.... I like the way you (or whoever figured it out) thinks!!!
    Happy to help.