Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most compliments? Pt.2

Even with the release of the newer Parfum version, the EDP is still the best-smelling cologne of the Dior Sauvage lineup.

Well, it is my least favourite fragrance from my collection (don't get me wrong, still like it!): Bleecker Street by Bond n9

Dependent

Santal 33 for sure, followed closely by Silver Mountain Water...

Walked into a coffee shop and over to the counter. Barista says you smell great! What can I get you? She was wearing a mask so I was surprised to hear that.

2 Shots of magnetic cap of Amouage Reflection man to the chest. I need to wear this one more
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by sunny5011 View Post
    Walked into a coffee shop and over to the counter. Barista says you smell great! What can I get you? She was wearing a mask so I was surprised to hear that.

2 Shots of magnetic cap of Amouage Reflection man to the chest. I need to wear this one more
    Good stuff!

"Your cologne smells very nice" said a young lady checking me out of the dental office. I painfully managed a weak but appreciative "Thank you." I figured Chrome Extreme would be unobtrusive yet it still did its job!
    My Signature Lineup: Ambre Tabac, Green Leather, Alexandria II, MFK Baccarat Rouge 540, Grand Soir, Spice & Wood, Vetiver Geranium, Royal Mayfair, Pardon, Roja Dove Enigma, Jubilation XXV, Prada L'homme, AVENTUS, GIT, Clive Christian C and X, Herod, Velvet Orchid, Black Orchid, Layton, Layton Exclusif, Pegasus, ADP Colonia, Leather Concentree,Tuscan Leather,Noir de Noir, Oud Wood, Noir Extreme, APOM, BEL AMI, Genghis Khan, Reflection Man, Kalemat Black, Cedrat Boise, Interlude Man,

Terre d’Hermes eau tres fraiche from a much younger female co-worker. She said it smelled like a day at the beach. I couldn’t agree more.
    Currently wearing: Lanvin L'Homme by Lanvin

Got the first compliment ever from a girl who works at a local coffee shop that I've frequented for a couple of years now. Throughout that time I've worn a number of my favorites -- He Wood Silver Wind Wood, Prada Luna Rossa Black, Fahrenheit Absolute, Bulgari Extreme, Eau Des Baux... never so much as a peep from her.

The thing that finally got a compliment? Nautica Voyage. Go figure.

Today I went to see my Mom at her memory care facility..she’s on the back end of Alzheimers unfortunately. As I was signing in one of the nurses walked up and said “there can be only one person that is smelling that good. That has to be you.”

Gucci Guilty EDP
    "Desperation is a stinky cologne."
    --Super Troopers
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Today I went to see my Mom at her memory care facility..she’s on the back end of Alzheimers unfortunately. As I was signing in one of the nurses walked up and said “there can be only one person that is smelling that good. That has to be you.”

Gucci Guilty EDP
    I'm sorry you're going through that. I'm glad that Gucci is working for you. It didn't click for me, but everyone has different chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I'm sorry you're going through that. I'm glad that Gucci is working for you. It didn't click for me, but everyone has different chemistry.
    Thanks Chuck. Really appreciate it. It’s been going on for years but last couple have been brutal.

Believe me I’m as surprised as anyone. I thought this would be a “one and done” scent. My wife and kids pick good stuff but I thought this wasn’t up my alley. Surprisingly has really clicked. Like you said everyone’s different. Just glad the family enjoys it too
    "Desperation is a stinky cologne."
    --Super Troopers
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Pre De Provence 63. For less than $30 I get more compliments wearing this than anything else in my wardrobe
    Current rotation:
    Polo Green(Warner version)
    Calvin(original)
    Dakar(prefer it to current drakkar noir)
    LPDO Vanille Persuasive
    Kenzo Jungle Home
    Mercedes Benz Private
    Terre d'Hermes EDT

Basenotes Plus

So maybe Guerlain Cuir Beluga is stronger than people have been led to believe? First time wearing from my bottle, only had sample(s) before I think.

Had a coworker come back into the office and said she could smell it by the door... I applied it around 6:10 AM and she commented at 11:20 AM or so, so roughly 5 hours.

I did roughly 5 - 5.5 sprays (with 2 - 2.5 of them under clothes to torso) as I kind of assumed it would be a closer to the body type of scent.. I guess not? lol. Lesson learned?
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Amyris has a chocolate note?
    Current love

Kilian Intoxicated
    Creed Viking
    Creed Aventus Cologne
    Initio Rehab
    Initio Oud for Greatness
    Initio Side Effect
    PDM Layton
    MFK Aqua Universalis
    Hermes Voyage Parfum
    Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim
    Roja Dove Creation-E

I find YSL Tuxedo to be very similar!
    Current love

Kilian Intoxicated
    Creed Viking
    Creed Aventus Cologne
    Initio Rehab
    Initio Oud for Greatness
    Initio Side Effect
    PDM Layton
    MFK Aqua Universalis
    Hermes Voyage Parfum
    Roja Dove Creation-E

Was walking around today when a motorcycle approached me with a couple on it. They stopped and said ‘you walked by 20 minutes ago as we were eating and my girlfriend was dying to know what cologne you are wearing as it smells soooo good she wants a bottle for me’ I was wearing Mancera Instant Crush
    Current love

Kilian Intoxicated
    Creed Viking
    Creed Aventus Cologne
    Initio Rehab
    Initio Oud for Greatness
    Initio Side Effect
    PDM Layton
    MFK Aqua Universalis
    Hermes Voyage Parfum
    Roja Dove Creation-E

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    Amyris has a chocolate note?
    Definitely! In the mids-dry down I get a nice clean sweet chocolate note. The dry down is also where I've gotten a few compliments.I wish the chocolate was a bit stronger in this one though but its there and its apparently very noticeable in the sillage

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    Was walking around today when a motorcycle approached me with a couple on it. They stopped and said ‘you walked by 20 minutes ago as we were eating and my girlfriend was dying to know what cologne you are wearing as it smells soooo good she wants a bottle for me’ I was wearing Mancera Instant Crush
    Great scent. Definitely seems like it would be a compliment magnet, especially on a woman. A little goes a long way!

“You smell like a delicious bowl of vanilla ice cream!”
    (Bond No.9 Lafayette Street)

Hung out with a friend at beach, got in the car to head back and heard "I just got a big whiff of that, whatever you're wearing smelling so good!"

Two shots of GIT 11U01 batch to the chest.

Eros edt for sure.

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 6 Pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Two unsolicited compliments at the weekend:

- First one was for Creed Viking Cologne which I had applied a few hours before (say 3?).

- Second was for a good dose of Chanel Platinum Egoiste - more than 10 hours after I applied - I couldn't smell it by this time but others clearly could. Current bottle.
    Currently wearing: No. 88 by Czech & Speake

Basenotes Plus

Got one yesterday unsolicited. Mother in law was asking who smelled good at our outdoor Memorial Day cookout. Interestingly, she asked and smelled some of the ladies to see if it was them first before realizing it would be me. Prada L'Homme L'Eau.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Entered my clients condo. 3 seconds upon entering her door., I got complimented right away and shes 3 feet away.BR 540 Extrait.
    Last edited by wilger_18; 7th June 2021 at 05:00 PM.

Aside from the obvious Sauvage and Bleu de Chanel that I get outrageous responses from the girls I'm dating. The one that surprised me was Molecule 01. I would get consistent compliments from girls I'm not dating. The comments are always something smells so good, fresh, clean. One asked if I just got out of the shower because I smell so fresh and clean, despite not showering for 24+ hours that day, and being a greaseball, when she gave me that compliment.

So I recently just told my compliment story 2 posts up but I have to tell another one right away. Ive gotten another compliment again with my BR 540 extrait. Went into the bank 30 mins after application, my cousin (bank manager) was able to tell I was there because she could already smell me from the second floor ( i was downstairs) where she is having her lunch. Yup, the second floor !!!������. 5 hours past, went to starbucks, the moment I arrive at the counter, not 2 seconds have passed, the barista said I smell good. The barista wearing mask and being behind the protective plastic barrier ( for covid thing). Now Im truly amazed. I used to be a skeptic before when I was still reading stories about baccarat rouge extrait on how it garners compliment all day. Now Im a believer. Worth it. I also could detect the extrait better than the EDP that I also have as well. Guess ill be buying it on a regular.������

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by wilger_18 View Post
    So I recently just told my compliment story 2 posts up but I have to tell another one right away. Ive gotten another compliment again with my BR 540 extrait. Went into the bank 30 mins after application, my cousin (bank manager) was able to tell I was there because she could already smell me from the second floor ( i was downstairs) where she is having her lunch. Yup, the second floor !!!������. 5 hours past, went to starbucks, the moment I arrive at the counter, not 2 seconds have passed, the barista said I smell good. The barista wearing mask and being behind the protective plastic barrier ( for covid thing). Now Im truly amazed. I used to be a skeptic before when I was still reading stories about baccarat rouge extrait on how it garners compliment all day. Now Im a believer. Worth it. I also could detect the extrait better than the EDP that I also have as well. Guess ill be buying it on a regular.������
    Nice! How many sprays did you go with?

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    Nice! How many sprays did you go with?
    3 sprays. One on each inner elbow then one on back of the neck. The perfume has been with me for just 5 days so Im still experimeting on spray count. Will try just 2 sprays tomorrow (on 2 inner elbow and skipping the back of the neck ) then observe. Ill do my best to make my 70 ml last bacause its too expensive to finish up quickly. Do you own the extrait as well? have a story? thanks

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by wilger_18 View Post
    3 sprays. One on each inner elbow then one on back of the neck. The perfume has been with me for just 5 days so Im still experimeting on spray count. Will try just 2 sprays tomorrow (on 2 inner elbow and skipping the back of the neck ) then observe. Ill do my best to make my 70 ml last bacause its too expensive to finish up quickly. Do you own the extrait as well? have a story? thanks
    No, I do not own it, but I've tried it and enjoyed it. I'm surprised that 3 sprays got you noticed as much as it did!

i was actually hesitant to do 3 sprays earlier but Ill never know the effect if I dont try it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast