Code of Conduct

Default Ever had a hand or body wash you wished was a fragrance!

Hi, my wife bought some nice hand wash the other week and it smells great to me, a little like Aventus mixed with a more marine and aquatic vibe.
    I'd love to try a fragrance like that but having checked the website I don't think they do anything other than soaps etc.
    The company is called Moss & Adams, they are not an upmarket fragrance company from what I can tell.
    The product is called Windermere Lake.
    Here is their description of the scent...

Inspired by the breath-taking Windermere Lake with refreshing notes of musk, lemon and amber. With added moisturisers to leave hands feeling soft and nourished.

Top notes: Citrus, lemon, mandarin, violet leaves, orange
    Heart notes: Floral, rhubarb, white flowers, green, olibanum
    Base notes: Woody, patchouli, musk, cedar, amber, solar

Here's a link to the website...
    https://mossandadams.com/product/windermere-lake/

Anyone else got any other examples?
    Last edited by Sloth; 27th November 2020 at 11:23 AM.

Default Re: Ever had a hand or body wash you wished was a fragrance!

Way back in the early 00s Molton Brown had a bath/shower gel Sensual it was called. I always said to the staff I wish you would make a fragrance to match, then they discontinued the bath gel. Suddenly a few years later they released it again and actually did a matching EDT. Which to my great disappointment did not really smell like it at all.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Gris Clair by Serge Lutens

Yes, I do!

I LOVE the smell of Badedas Classic shower gel, and a little research suggests I am not the only one. It is a green, mossy, herbal aromatic smell. I wish I could find a perfume that smells exactly like it.

badedas.jpg
    Waiting for Hednic's 8th star

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

To answer the thread question - not yet.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

The Grandpa Soap Co.'s Pine Tar Shampoo

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    The Grandpa Soap Co.'s Pine Tar Shampoo
    100% this, though I've only used the bar soap. I didn't know there was shampoo.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Basenotes Institution

A couple of the AXE body washes. Preferably Dark Temptation.

Basenotes Plus

My spouse uses a Cantu body wash for men that I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    100% this, though I've only used the bar soap. I didn't know there was shampoo.
    It might be a recently added product. It smells amazing. I even wrote to the company and told them they should make a perfume. They wrote back and said that they were passing my suggestion on to their R&D department, so we'll see if that amounts to anything!

Yes. I love "Vetyver" hand soap by Byredo, and have begged them to create a perfume with the same smell. But nothing yet
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Personally have yet to find one.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Yes,

I have a deodorant that I often pair with Creed Royal Water, but it's markedly different from Royal Water. It was originally made by Organic Essence and it's called "Lemon Tea Tree Mint". And I wish it was an actual fragrance. The stuff is amazing. I found an Etsy shop that makes a deodorant that must be using the very same scent oil and they are called Oooh-La and it's the "Lemon Mint" scent. It smells the same as Organic Essence but not quite as strong (very close in strength though).

Organic Essence has this same titled scent on their site now, but it's got different art/presentation on the tube:
    https://www.organic-essence.com/prod...tea-tree-mint/

I haven't ordered/smelled the newest looking tube, so I don't know if it's been changed. I would really like to know what the scent oil is they are using because it might be possible to buy the oil and make a splash cologne/aftershave with enough oil concentration.

Is there a frag that smells like good ol' Ivory soap?

I've always liked the smell of Ivory soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    It might be a recently added product. It smells amazing. I even wrote to the company and told them they should make a perfume. They wrote back and said that they were passing my suggestion on to their R&D department, so we'll see if that amounts to anything!
    Great to know! Their bar soap is amazing so I'd definitely want to get more products.

Well I have a Mandarina Duck shower gel that is kind of nice in a basic way, and they do have the cologne. But about 90% of the comments and reviews say the cologne is nasty.... so I can't decide if the cologne is different or if all those same people would hate the shower gel!!!! Maybe one day will get around to trying the cologne....
    Currently wearing: Vert Fougère by Floris

I recently got a really nice geranium and cedar wood body wash from Target - “”Goodfellow & Co,” which I think is just an in-store brand. It has a very natural, Aveda type smell, with discernible geranium, cedar, orange and hops. It smells a bit like Terre d’Hermes to me but more upscale-organic, with a strong bitter hop note. I don’t think Aveda makes any fragrances but if they did it would probably smell like this.
    "To 'give style' to one's character-- a great and rare art!" - Nietzsche

"I got my own style; you put my shoes on, you wouldn't last a mile" - Mac Dre

Dependent

To answer the thread question - not really.

MD > LA > NYC > Chicago > MSP > NYC > LA > Seattle

Kerzon's Feuilles d'Eucalyptus body wash smells fantastic. My partner always mentions when I use it, too.

I use to have a body wash of Axe Signature Bergamot Cedarwood that was one of the best body washes I've ever used. I had always thought it would smell good as a fragrance.

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Not a body wash, but I loved the smell of Crabtree & Evelyn’ Nomad soap. Sandalwood and teak with some other notes I really can’t recall.
    They did actually make a Nomad EdT, but it smelled nothing like the soap to me. Just a bug spray kind of freshness.

I’d love a fragrance that smells like Aesop’s Moroccan Neroli shaving serum. Mainly neroli and Australian sandalwood. Perhaps a touch of patchouli.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

Maybe partly off topic, but also wished that a Palmolive dish washing liquid from the early 1990s quite well developed on cedar-piney notes had at least one equivalent among fresh unisex scents.

To mention an actual body wash/shower gel would also love released as a fragrance:
    again the early to mid 90s or even late 80s shower gel from German brand Caribic, a dark blue colored powerhouse not very different as fragrance from yet another this time fougere body wash classic that could make a good fragrance-Felce Azzura/Azzura Paglieri.
    Currently wearing: White Tag by Zara

This! Such a beautiful scent.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: Bal d'Afrique by Byredo

Noble Isle Whiskey and Water. Every time i wash my hands with the stuff i can't help sniffing them... Looks a bit odd tbh.

Almost everything from AVEDA. I love the scents in their shampoos.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    A couple of the AXE body washes. Preferably Dark Temptation.
    I could have sworn I've seen a body spray of that

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by gunmetal24 View Post
    I could have sworn I've seen a body spray of that
    That is correct. Was thinking more like a EDT or even better...Parfum.

Yes! I used to use a body wash by Caress called Twilight Orchid and I absolutely adored the scent. They changed the packaging a few years back and with it I'm almost 99% sure they also changed the formula because it smells like they are using much cheaper fragrance oils than they used to. Back in the day though, it was heavenly. It said something like orchid and juniper I believe and I used to use another fragrance database to look up any fragrance that contained those two notes but I never found anything that seemed as though it would bear the same resemblance. I did find a seller on eBay though that sells an oil impression of the scent, I need to remember to pick that up and try it out. Hopefully, it has the original formula scent.

I also really love a man's body wash that I get at Target, I believe the line is called Harry's? It's the Shiso one that has a little green leaf on it. It smells so minty and energizing, I wish I could find a fragrance that smells exactly like that body wash. Any other fragrances I try with mint always have something else going on in the base that drowns out the mint note eventually and it never stays green and fresh. I've tried Lush Dirty which was the closest I've ever come to it but something about that fragrance gives me an allergic reaction and makes my throat tickle. I don't know what it is, and I wish I did, because I've tried other LUSH fragrances and love them, and I've never had that kind of reaction before to any other fragrance. It's most peculiar.

Anyways, lastly something that's kinda releated but on the reverse side of the original topic, I fell in love with the shower gel to Givenchy's Absolutely Irresistible as I was given it for free by somebody, I absolutely went nuts over that scent and every shower was a joyous experience. I know the fragrance is discontinued and therefore hard to come by, so I'm nervous to blind buy a bottle because I'm afraid it won't smell the exact same as the shower gel did. One of these days I may bite the bullet, but for now I just hold off and continue to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post

This! Such a beautiful scent.

Seconded, plus also the scent of various soaps, body washes, further body care/cosmetic products of various other Provence and/or Mediterranean inspired houses like l'Occitane, La Maison du Savon de Marseille, Yves Rochers, Panier des Sens, Proraso, Collistar, l'Erbolario, Cote Bastide, to name only a few.
    Currently wearing: White Tag by Zara

I've never had a hand or body wash that I wished was a fragrance, and I can't think of any shampoos or conditioners that really struck me that way either.

However, I HAVE wished a couple of hair gel products I use could be purchased in the form of a fragrance.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626