Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mens Fragrances, underrated or unappreciated made by Alberto Morillas

Hello

What do you consider, Great Mens or Unisex fragrance , underrated or unappreciated
    ( or not most popular but great ) from Alberto Morillas ?
    Winter Signature: Chanel Anteus, Gucci Guilty Absolute,Fahrenheit Parfum, Dior Homme Parfum, Declaration Essence, Dunhill Icon, Spicebomb Extreme, Mancera Red Tobacco,

Default Re: Mens Fragrances, underrated or unappreciated made by Alberto Morillas

Bvlgari Man Black Orient
    Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Mens Fragrances, underrated or unappreciated made by Alberto Morillas

Quote Originally Posted by 1234567890 View Post

What do you consider, Great Mens or Unisex fragrance , underrated or unappreciated from Alberto Morillas ?
    For me, none that come to mind.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I really like AdP Colonia Intensa. Not quite bottle-worthy for me (yet?) but it has a definite charm about it.
    "No one wants advice - only corroboration." - John Steinbeck
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Basenotes Plus

A couple are some that vintage lovers know but I feel the general population may not be really aware of. And both are excellent. Sybaris and Romeo Gigli per Uomo
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

I wish that I had acquired Armani Attitude before it was discontinued.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

IMG_20190913_175850_905.jpg

This one. Probably his all-time best masculine. Years before the Skynet AI took over his brain.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Jet Homme by Avon

212 Sexy Men
    AdP Colonia Intensa
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Zegna Uomo
    Essenza di Zegna

Givenchy Pi
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Basenotes Junkie Alonewithcologne's Avatar

Bvlgari Wood Neroli, it's a little too often overlooked because it's neither a dude bro, nor niche snob fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    A couple are some that vintage lovers know but I feel the general population may not be really aware of. And both are excellent. Sybaris and Romeo Gigli per Uomo
    I've been looking at Sybaris minis on the bay. Quite tempted.

I appreciate a lot Sybaris, original Panthere and Le Baiser du Dragon but his real masterpiece is Romeo Gigli by Romeo Gigli Pour Homme (one of the best masculine fragrances ever).
    Currently wearing: Lui by Mazzolari

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darvant View Post
    I appreciate a lot Sybaris, original Panthere and Le Baiser du Dragon but his real masterpiece is Romeo Gigli by Romeo Gigli Pour Homme (one of the best masculine fragrances ever).
    Gigli is one I haven't had a chance to smell, but I own Sud Est.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Hi dear Zealot, Romeo Gigli is by now really hard to find, Sud Est is another spectacular green-floral masculine super fragrance.

By Kilian Dark Lord
    Gucci Guilty Absolute
    Currently wearing: Eau d'Hermès by Hermès

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Hi dear Zealot, Romeo Gigli is by now really hard to find, Sud Est is another spectacular green-floral masculine super fragrance.
    I discovered Sud Est by accident but no perfumer is listed for that one. I agree, it's amazing and very "garrigue" fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    That's a shame. It was one of those everything but the kitchen sink blends that I went batsh*t crazy over. One of the few I rebought a few times back then. I couldn't really say what it smelled like, I just remember being really taken with it. Look at the note profile...

I tried to find after I joined Basenotes and all I could find was an aftershave version which didn't cut it.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Unfortunately Morillas to me is a master of mediocrity, but this one I do enjoy which seems to be very ''underrated''.

GAIUOMM0007502.jpg

None, really. I find him to be a rather average perfumer.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    I've been looking at Sybaris minis on the bay. Quite tempted.
    If it’s inexpensive, there is really no reason to not get it. Worst case scenario, you’ve experienced something new and acquired a reference for what several people have now stated they enjoy. I’ve done that before and it has proved very useful for me, even when I ended up not liking a fragrance. It has also helped me find other’s opinions which align with my tastes.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Hoover View Post
    Unfortunately Morillas to me is a master of mediocrity, but this one I do enjoy which seems to be very ''underrated''.

GAIUOMM0007502.jpg
    Wow. I forgot I had this one in my collection. I need to take it for a spin. I would agree that it is underrated.

Blog Entries

Alberto Morillas makes the Toyota Camrys of the perfume world, occasionally he makes a Lexus.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

After looking up his fragrance creations, preferring (even if not all or these are honestly speaking overly underrated/underappreciated):

Baldessarini del Mar,
    Aqua Quorum by Puig,
    several variations on/flankers from the Bvlgari Blu and Bvlgari Man in Black lines,
    Homme de Cafe,
    Dsquared He Wood Ocean Wood,
    ADG Essenza,
    Givenchy Greenenergy,
    Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo,
    Mauboussin Homme,

among others
    Currently wearing: Open by Roger & Gallet

Hi my friend,I still have a few drops of that magic potion!

20201128_151521.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by pirop View Post
    Hi my friend,I still have a few drops of that magic potion!

20201128_151521.jpg
    Fantastic, one of my favorite ever, I'd love to find it back in production in the next future. One of the most romantic creations of the olfactory panorama, languid and decadent.

By Kilian's Dark Lord come to mind. So far my favourite fragrance containing the Woodleather note.The Kilian sweet "rum" note makes it kind of addictive but I guess the Jasmin in the beginning makes it a bit too morbid and hard to find enough occasions to wear for many. In my opinion it's a sleeper hit for fans of leather fragrances.
    Currently wearing: Ébène by Pierre Balmain

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    If it’s inexpensive, there is really no reason to not get it. Worst case scenario, you’ve experienced something new and acquired a reference for what several people have now stated they enjoy. I’ve done that before and it has proved very useful for me, even when I ended up not liking a fragrance. It has also helped me find other’s opinions which align with my tastes.
    £17 for 10ml. Not so cheap. I do agree with your logic behind trying it though.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickZee View Post
    Alberto Morillas makes the Toyota Camrys of the perfume world, occasionally he makes a Lexus.
    Isn't Lexus made by Toyota?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."