Code of Conduct

Default YSL La Nuit batch 38N800 Aug '16 question

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this batch before and what is the performance of it like? I've heard that 2015 and early 2016 batches did not perform well at all

Default Re: YSL La Nuit batch 38N800 Aug '16 question

I own 62N200 (Feb 2016) 200 ml bottle and maybe it is not a beast but I'm satisfice. Longevity 6h but if you spray on yooyr clothes it last longer. Sillage moderate.

Dependent

Performance is below average, but like DrLewy said, spray on your clothes to increase longevity a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoFrag View Post
    Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this batch before and what is the performance of it like? I've heard that 2015 and early 2016 batches did not perform well at all
    In 2015 there were 3 different formulations produced.

The first is the regular 2011-late 2015 reformulation which is nearly as good as the original 2009-2010 formulation

The second one is a rare reformulation which was only available within the gift sets.

The third one is the one you have (since late 2015) which I wouldn't buy anymore. It's not only that the performance is not good, also the scent itself was tweaked and lost its magic if you ask me.
    Last edited by FragFrog; 30th November 2020 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    In 2015 there were 3 different formulations produced.

The first is the regular 2011-late 2015 formulation which is nearly as good as the original 2009-2010 formulation

The second one is a are formulation which was only available within the gift sets.

The third one is the one you have (since late 2015) which I wouldn't buy anymore. It's not only that the performance is not good, also the scent itself was tweaked and lost its magic if you ask me.
    I've heard mixed reviews on the batch, i guess it depends on the skins chemistry and the way it reacts to certain colognes

I've heard mixed reviews on the batch, i guess it depends on the skins chemistry and the way it reacts to certain colognes
    Yes it always depends a little bit on skin type and perception of smell is quite subjective.

But there's no doubt about that the fragrance itself was changed drastically in late 2015.

Youtubers like Curly Fragrance recommend giving 16 (!) sprays of current La Nuit de L'Homme plus some extra sprays of Ambroxan.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Own the original release and have no idea which batch it is, but it performs admirably.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Yes it always depends a little bit on skin type and perception of smell is quite subjective.

But there's no doubt about that the fragrance itself was changed drastically in late 2015.

Youtubers like Curly Fragrance recommend giving 16 (!) sprays of current La Nuit de L'Homme plus some extra sprays of Ambroxan.
    Damn thats a crazy amount of spray. Also the fact that you can go nose blind to certain fragrances that you spray a lot, so you rely on others to tell you if you have sprayed enough haha

Damn thats a crazy amount of spray. Also the fact that you can go nose blind to certain fragrances that you spray a lot, so you rely on others to tell you if you have sprayed enough haha
    Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/7kRv4SsOzb4?t=173

I had a 2014 batch that performed quite well.

But honestly, I recommend passing this one up. For the price you can get something with much better performance and wow factor.
    Currently wearing: Prada L'Homme by Prada

I would avoid these years and get an earlier bottle preferably a 2009-10 bottle if willing to pay a premium.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I would avoid these years and get an earlier bottle preferably a 2009-10 bottle if willing to pay a premium.
    Honestly the 2011-mid 2015 are almost the same as the early ones.

Basenotes Institution The Colognnoisseur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Own the original release and have no idea which batch it is, but it performs admirably.
    +1.
    THE COLOGNNOISSEUR
    OMAHA, NE
    USA