Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Re: Your Perfume Rotations in 2021

For May, the powdery-floral vibe has been trending: Ho Hang Club (11) and Dior Homme (11) have put up good numbers. Hugo has had a good month (6), but Polo has had another hard one (2), and Havana has struggled (1).

For June, I'm bringing out several sure things:

IMG_4127.jpg

1. Moschino Pour Homme, 2. Elie Saab Vetiver, 3. Christian Dior Jules, 4. Christian Dior Fahrenheit Summer, 5. Givenchy Gentleman, 6. Monsieur de Givenchy, 7. Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche, 8. Chanel Pour Monsieur, 9. Chanel Antaeus, and 10. Chanel Egoiste Platinum.

All Year Round scents that I want to wear every month:
    Eau Rose by Diptyque - my go to rose scent
    Moonlight Patchouli by VC&A - rose, patchouli and leather
    Santal by Fragonard - calming sandalwood scent with some citrus

Seasonal scents - Winter (scents I want to wear during all three months of winter):
    Coco by Chanel - classic oriental
    LPRN Black Perfecto EDP and LPRN EDP by Guerlain (will mainly wear these two as a combination) - sweet but not too sweet
    Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone - my most warming scent

June rotation
    Cuir Ottoman by Parfum d'Empire - leather & iris scent
    Fleur de Peau by Diptyque - iris, rose and musk scent
    Grand Soir by MFK - amber with some lavender
    Guilty Absolute pour Femme by Gucci - berries, cypress with rose and patchouli
    LPRN Eau Fraiche by Guerlain - light scent with pistachio, freesia, tonka and musk
    Mon Guerlain EDP Intense by Guerlain - this version has less lavender and jasmine with added rose, iris and patchouli
    Narciso Poudree by NR - more powder notes in this version and jasmine instead of gardenia
    Patchouli by Fragonard - patchouli with some light spice notes (ginger and caraway)

Total of 15 scents
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Santal by Fragonard

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    For May, the powdery-floral vibe has been trending: Ho Hang Club (11) and Dior Homme (11) have put up good numbers. Hugo has had a good month (6), but Polo has had another hard one (2), and Havana has struggled (1).

For June, I'm bringing out several sure things:

1. Moschino Pour Homme, 2. Elie Saab Vetiver, 3. Christian Dior Jules, 4. Christian Dior Fahrenheit Summer, 5. Givenchy Gentleman, 6. Monsieur de Givenchy, 7. Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche, 8. Chanel Pour Monsieur, 9. Chanel Antaeus, and 10. Chanel Egoiste Platinum.
    Glad to read that you enjoy the very underrated Vetiver by Elie Saab!

It's June, and it means it's time for another too-long post with a too-extensive rotation of mine!

My May's rotation was actually successful. I learned both to happily choose from the actual rotation and not to sweat it if I crave something not included in it. I learned to happily choose out of what's in front of me, and also to happily stray away from rotation if I feel like wearing something specific. I also sampled a lot, and like I said, I wore many fragrances per day. I actually thought I'll wear more of Samsara, Mon Guerlain, Terracotta, Orchid Soleil and Lolita Lempicka than I actually did, but it's because the citrusier part of my rotation got most of my attention during May. It's okay, it probably just shows how much I wanted summer to finally arrive!

I know I'll want to wear all my citruses and lighter, cooler, easier scents - and some summerier gourmands/beachy florals during the summer, and I thought I do not want to restrict them to the specific month, so this time I'm making a broader All Summer Rotation that includes all my citruses, lighter, airier, juicier, summerier scents and all my travel sprays (because I really want to travel even for a little bit after I get all my vaccines!).

ClockworkAlice's All Summer Rotation:

1. Les Amoureux de Peynet by Molinard - a bright and refreshing gingery citrus-verbena
    2. Citrus Noir by Molinard - a darker, woodier, smokier citrus
    3. Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune by Guerlain - a perfect grapefruit; a dark and juicy citrus with strong, deep patchouli/vanilla drydown
    4. Aqua Allegoria Limon Verde by Guerlain - a green, sweetened lime for short bursts of refreshment
    5. Aqua Allegoria Ginger Piccante by Guerlain - a sparkling, peppery-sweet and rosey ginger
    6. Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic by Guerlain - a super juicy and happy mandarine with some basil and tea; a travel spray
    7. Cheap and Chic I Love Love by Moschino - a lovely grapefruit/orange creamsicle with light cedary base
    8. Aqua Solis by Le Couvent des Minimes - a short burst of sunny spicy gingery mandarin (planning to finish it)
    9. Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur - a woody smokey and cooling vetiver
    10. Le Roy Soleil by Salvador Dali - juicy overripe fruit over cinnamony resins, a fruity oriental
    11. La Petite Robe Noire Eau Fraiche by Guerlain - a summery almondy greenish gourmand over clean musks, a freshie that's not a citrus
    12. Lolita Lempicka Mon Premier - an all year all rounder, a light aromatic slightly cool gourmand
    13. Terracotta by Guerlain - a beachy coconutty floral
    14. Orchid Soleil by Tom Ford - a beachy nutty floral
    15. Shalimar EDC by Guerlain - the lightest, summeriest, dryest, smokiest Shalimar
    16. Shalimar Cologne by Guerlain - the summery, grapefruity-juicy flanker
    17. Shalimar Souffle de Lumiere by Guerlain - the summery floral/bergamotty/clean musky flanker
    18. Guilty Absolute pour femme by Gucci - an all-year all rounder, cooling blackberry-woods, leather, rose, cypress and some patchouli-amber
    19. Mon Guerlain EDT by Guerlain - an airy lavender-vanilla gourmand that's still suitable for summer
    20. Narciso EDT by Narciso Rodriguez - a woody musk with some peony and substance, lightest of NRs I own
    21. Cabochard by Gres - a green oldschool chypre that actually blooms in the heat; should be leathery, but I get way too much galbanum
    22. Bohemiens en Voyage by Alkemia - a half aromatic/half resinous/lightly gourmand hay scent
    23. Pour femme by D&G - a travel rollerball; sweet and powdery
    24. Libre Intense by YSL - a travel spray; lavender-vanilla-ambroxan
    25. Alaia by Azzedine Alaia - a cool ozonic leather; body cream and a mini, finish focus
    26. Alaia Nude by Azzedine Alaia - last sprays left (have a backup); a nutty-cashmeran catnip of mine
    27. Angel Muse EDT by Mugler - a super juicy grapefruit over nutty/chocolaty vetiver/patchouli, a summer-friendly quirky gourmand (notes say passionfruit, I get grapefruit)
    28. Aura by Mugler - a quirky green woody vanilla, a summer-friendly quirky gourmand
    29. Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca by Guerlain - a minty grassy bomb of freshness
    Edit: Also thought about adding
    30. Tiare by L'Erbolario - summery floral; I'd gladly trade it away but nobody seems to want it, so I might as well wear it around home. It blooms in the heat nicely, it's just that it's really not my style. If you're in Europe and want it, write me, I might just give it to you.
    ...but I wore it yesterday and no, it's not for me. I guess I have to either use it as a room spray or find a new home for it.

...And samples if I feel like sampling, and anything needed for Synchs, and new additions if I feel like adding something new to my wardrobe. At the moment I feel content and not wanting much, but who knows.
    Last edited by ClockworkAlice; 3rd June 2021 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    and like I said, I wore many fragrances per day.
    I'm accepting that I'll never settle on a fixed number of perfumes per day. Not even close, really. There are, however, fairly rigid end points to the range, from about five perfumes in a day to using the same perfume for three days in a row. A fourth day in a row never happens. Six perfumes in a day could happen.
    Last edited by Bavard; 2nd June 2021 at 07:32 PM.

I'm accepting that I'll never settle on a fixed number of perfumes per day. Not even close, really. There are, however, fairly rigid end points to the range, from about five perfumes in a day to using the same perfume for three days in a row. A fourth day in row never happens. Six perfumes in a day could happen.
    Six perfumes per day happens easily if I'm sampling in a store. Something easy, light and not too long lasting as my morning/day scent, and then I could get wild in the store as long as I have enough space on my arms (more than six at once is counterproductive as the scents start to mingle too much; ideal is two, but who has patience to try out just two at once when at the store?).

Do you wear your many scents per day subsequently or all at once?
    When I sample at home, I usually sample two different scents at once - each on each arm. (one gets left wrist and inner elbow, and another the right ones.) But when normally wearing fragrances, I sometimes layer, and sometimes I just spray something else when previous scent dies down, and sometimes I shower in the middle of a day and get a clean slate.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    Six perfumes per day happens easily if I'm sampling in a store. Something easy, light and not too long lasting as my morning/day scent, and then I could get wild in the store as long as I have enough space on my arms (more than six at once is counterproductive as the scents start to mingle too much; ideal is two, but who has patience to try out just two at once when at the store?).

Do you wear your many scents per day subsequently or all at once?
    When I sample at home, I usually sample two different scents at once - each on each arm. (one gets left wrist and inner elbow, and another the right ones.) But when normally wearing fragrances, I sometimes layer, and sometimes I just spray something else when previous scent dies down, and sometimes I shower in the middle of a day and get a clean slate.
    For two at the same time, my method is the same (one on each arm to avoid cross-contamination). More typical is to wear one fragrance to start the day. The initial application of the day can be "skin only" or "skin + t-shirt." Skin only means there will likely be several perfumes that day (three-ish). Skin + t-shirt means I'm more dedicated to that scent of the day, and will typically only wear one or two, the second being close to bedtime. If I'm loving it, I just keep the same perfume going into the next day, so it might get applied three or four times over 1.5 to 2 days (for example).

For two at the same time, my method is the same (one on each arm to avoid cross-contamination). More typical is to wear one fragrance to start the day. The initial application of the day can be "skin only" or "skin + t-shirt." Skin only means there will likely be several perfumes that day (three-ish). Skin + t-shirt means I'm more dedicated to that scent of the day, and will typically only wear one or two, the second being close to bedtime. If I'm loving it, I just keep the same perfume going into the next day, so it might get applied three or four times over 1.5 to 2 days (for example).
    You seem to have very well thought out application methods! Thank you for sharing

I plan to focus more exclusively on Creed Virgin Island Water for the month of June in addition to a number of other warm weather scents.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

It's greening up with summer and I feel like carrying that throughout the day. Really feeling mint heavy fragrances; CdG Play Green most days. Switching out or layering with Jo Malone Wild Bluebell.

July is coming up soon, and I need to remember to pull out 1. Dunhill for Men and 2. Calvin.

I'm also going to keep 3. Givenchy Gentleman going, and maybe use a 4. couple different versions. 5. Elie Saab Vetiver, 6. Monsieur de Givenchy, and 7. Moschino Pour Homme could also carry over, which leaves me with three more to pick.

I'm thinking 8. Santos. 9. Davidoff. And maybe 10. Bel Ami.

I'm feeling the need to keep tried-and-true options heavy in rotation through the rest of the summer and into fall.

Update: It came together as planned!

690662CD-12ED-4986-B8B4-42DB4920D555.jpg

Monsieur de Givenchy has been my bedtime scent recently.

I just realized that of my three bottles of Calvin, they're all different: a 1.6 ounce cologne, a 1.7 ounce cologne, and a 1.7 ounce edt. They, surprisingly, smell quite similar / indistinguishable / the same. The 1.6 ounce cologne is pictured. It's an odd one, Calvin. It smells more odd, or curious, than what I traditionally consider a good smell, but I seem to love it.

Dunhill for Men smells nice and classic, and reminds me of Lellabelle's Spirit Bear Perfumes.

I have a couple versions of Givenchy Gentleman for the month. Unlike different versions of Calvin, they are clearly different, especially early on, and they develop at different speeds.

Moschino Pour Homme is still hitting the heights. It's always good.

Davidoff has never had a good run since I got the bottle, many rotations back, now, but hope springs eternal and it is back for another go.

Santos is back. I have a few different versions of this, and it seems like each one smells slightly different. It's a splash in the picture, but I have a 50-ml spray that I might rotate in.

Elie Saab Vetiver is my most worn non-backed-up fragrance! I'll have moments during a wearing when I think about backing it up, but then those moments pass. But I still keep wearing it, in part because I love the compliments.

Bel Ami rounds it out, a mid-80s classic that can almost fit in with the early 80s stuff (Calvin, Davidoff, Santos, Antaues, Jules, Patou Pour Homme) - it seems to me that it tries to build on those with what smells like Iso E Super, and Iso E Super went on to be so popular that Bel Ami smells like a transitional style. But it smells old school compared to Fahrenheit.
    Last edited by Bavard; 1st July 2021 at 07:00 PM.

In between stress and all the things going on lately I finally found my rotation for July.

Elixir des merveilles
    OJ Champaca
    Cristalle
    Shams oud
    Escale a Portofino
    Contradiction
    Sycomore
    Dzing!
    Santal carmin
    Datura noir
    Attached Images Attached Images

First pass at a July rotation.

Daily drivers
    Bottega Veneta pH EdT
    Etro Palais Jamais
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Aramis Tuscany
    Penhaligon's Juniper Sling
    CdG Zagorsk
    Caron Yatagan
    Puig Quorum
    Hermes Equipage Geranium

Evening/night
    Etro Shaal Nur (summer citrus incense)
    Etro Ambra (aromatic summer amber, with pelargonium/geranium leaf)
    Guerlain L'Heure Bleue; Guerlain Heritage (help with insomnia)

Sampling : Parfum d'Empire Eau de Gloire, Corsica Furiosa; Anatole Lebreton L'Eau de Merzhin; Chanel No19 Poudre; Knize Sec
    September rotation : Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme EdT; Guerlain Vetiver, Heritage; Etro Palais Jamais, Vetiver; Caron Yatagan; Puig Quorum; Hermes Equipage, Knize Ten; CdG Black; Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo

I've chosen Creed Millesime Imperial as my new SOTM for July.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

My July rotation -

Allure Homme Sport Cologne
    Un Jardin Sur Le Nil
    Aqua Amara
    Eau de Cologne Imperiale
    Sel Marin
    Etruscan Water
    Bel Respiro EdT
    Vanille Tonka
    Putain des Palaces
    Kouros
    Insensé
    Le 3me Homme de Caron

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I've chosen Creed Millesime Imperial as my new SOTM for July.
    Nice!
    September Rotation

Cuir d'Ange / Etruscan Water / Carnal Flower / Bel Ami Vetiver / Vetiver Extraordinaire / Christopher Street
    Caron Third Man / Baie de Genievre / Cuiron / Rive Gauche pour Homme / Bois d'Armenie / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Little late to the party for July:

1. Beige
    2. Cristalle Eau Verte
    3. Eau Belle
    4. Eau Claire des Merveilles
    5. Eau de Magnolia
    6. Eau Parfumee au The Blanc
    7. Escale a Portofino
    8. Flower
    9. Hanae Mori EDT
    10. Mito
    11. Shalimar Cologne
    12. Sira des Indes
    13. The Pour Une Ete
    14. Un Jardin Sur Le Nil
    15. With Love
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.
    Currently wearing: No. 19 Poudré by Chanel

Sillage Monster

July rotation:

Angelys Pear
    Chanel No. 5
    Cuir Impertinent
    Patch Flash
    Vanilla Flash
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
    Currently wearing: Eau Lente by Diptyque

The bottles for August are out!

IMG_5195.jpg

I mostly use Mouchoir de Monsieur as a nighttime aromatherapy scent. Derby is the other Guerlain in rotation.

Polo and Polo Crest both got call ups.

Antaeus and Ho Hang Club are in rotation to have options for floral, animalic patchoulis.

Givenchy Gentleman and Santos are in rotation to have more options for floral, animalic patchoulis.

Jules and Chypre-Siam got the slots for mossy jasmines!
    Last edited by Bavard; 31st July 2021 at 06:26 PM.

My rotation for August is :

Prada Infusion d'iris edp
    L'ombre dans l'eau
    Dior Addict
    Coco edp
    Coromandel edt
    Shalimar edt
    Pure poison
    Dolce vita
    Lolita Lempicka Mon Premier parfum
    Portrait of a lady

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    My rotation for August is :

Prada Infusion d'iris edp
    L'ombre dans l'eau
    Dior Addict
    Coco edp
    Coromandel edt
    Shalimar edt
    Pure poison
    Dolce vita
    Lolita Lempicka Mon Premier parfum
    Portrait of a lady
    Wonderful photo, inees! I know July was hard, wishing you a much, much better August.
    September Rotation

Cuir d'Ange / Etruscan Water / Carnal Flower / Bel Ami Vetiver / Vetiver Extraordinaire / Christopher Street
    Caron Third Man / Baie de Genievre / Cuiron / Rive Gauche pour Homme / Bois d'Armenie / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Wonderful photo, inees! I know July was hard, wishing you a much, much better August.
    Thanks <3

Sillage Monster

August rotation:

31 rue Cambon
    Debaser
    Dior Addict
    Le Parfum de Therese
    L'Ombre Dans L'Eau
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
    Currently wearing: Eau Lente by Diptyque

Instead of a Chanel or A Creed scent, I'll be wearing exclusively vintage Eau de Rochas Pour Homme. I think it will work great for the month of August.

August rotation : more of the same

Quote Originally Posted by incense+heliotrope View Post
    First pass at a July rotation.

Daily drivers
    Bottega Veneta pH EdT
    Etro Palais Jamais
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Aramis Tuscany
    Penhaligon's Juniper Sling
    CdG Zagorsk
    Caron Yatagan
    Puig Quorum
    Hermes Equipage Geranium

Evening/night
    Etro Shaal Nur (summer citrus incense)
    Etro Ambra (aromatic summer amber, with pelargonium/geranium leaf)
    Guerlain L'Heure Bleue; Guerlain Heritage (help with insomnia)

Sampling : Parfum d'Empire Eau de Gloire, Corsica Furiosa; Anatole Lebreton L'Eau de Merzhin; Chanel No19 Poudre; Knize Sec
    September rotation : Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme EdT; Guerlain Vetiver, Heritage; Etro Palais Jamais, Vetiver; Caron Yatagan; Puig Quorum; Hermes Equipage, Knize Ten; CdG Black; Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo

August

1. Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune
    2. Beige
    3. Cristalle Eau Verte
    4. Diorella
    5. Dune
    6. Eau Belle
    7. Eau Claire des Merveilles
    8. Eau de Magnolia
    9. Escale a Portofino
    10. No. 5 L’Eau
    11. Sira des Indes
    12. Tabacco Toscano
    13. Un Jardin Sur Le Nil

For September I plan to wear :

Cuir mauresque
    Bois de violette
    Vol de nuit
    Mitsouko
    TDC Bois d'iris
    Egoiste
    Eau duelle edp
    Aromatics elexir
    Narciso Rodriquez For her edt
    Messe de minuit

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    For September I plan to wear :

Cuir mauresque
    Bois de violette
    Vol de nuit
    Mitsouko
    TDC Bois d'iris
    Egoiste
    Eau duelle edp
    Aromatics elexir
    Narciso Rodriquez For her edt
    Messe de minuit
    You’ve got a nice theme going on— kind of a soft and fluffy theme. Not Mitsouko, perhaps, but many here are enveloping and gentle.

What's for September ? Depends on the weather/temperature. It was too hot to wear Quorum or Zagorsk in August; if September is cool, it may be time to hibernate Guerlain Vetiver. Definitely feels autumnal here.

Bottega Veneta pH EdT
    Etro Palais Jamais
    Etro Vetiver
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Caron Yatagan
    Puig Quorum
    Hermes Equipage
    Knize Ten
    Guerlain Heritage
    CdG Black
    Jacomo de Jacomo

For September, I'm doing a shelf with some Chanel fragrances and a shelf with some of my live-in girlfriend's favorites.

IMG_5984.jpg

Allure Homme Edition Blanche, Pour Monsieur Concentree, Antaeus Sport Cologne, Chanel for Men, Egoiste

Tuscany, Elie Saab Vetiver, Bel Ami, Boss, Patou Pour Homme

I know I was planning a single megarotation for all the summer, but around 10th of August I concluded we're not getting anymore summer this year and changed into a transitional cozy-and-easy rotation for the end of summer which consisted of:

Cheap and Chic I Love Love by Moschino
    Les Amoureux de Peynet by Molinard
    Citrus Noir by Molinard
    Twilight by Sarah Jessica Parker
    Le Roy Soleil by Salvador Dali
    Bois d'Iris by Van Cleef & Arpels
    Bois Dore by Van Cleef & Arpels
    Guilty Absolute pour femme by Gucci
    For Her EDT and Narciso EDT by Narciso Rodriguez, Mon Guerlain EDT by Guerlain and Lolita Lempicka Mon Premier - wore each one of those 4 only once

travel sprays/rollerballs:
    Mandarine Basilic by Guerlain
    Pour femme by D&G
    Libre Intense by YSL

minis:
    Alaia by Azzedine Alaia
    Alaia Nude by Azzedine Alaia
    Timbuktu, Al Oudh, Noir Exquis

Now I'm heading into September with quite a similar, but even more autumnal selection with some favourites, some to-finish scents and some new additions.
    My September perfume counter:

Bvlgari Black
    Le baiser du dragon by Cartier
    Twilight by Sarah Jessica Parker
    Bois d'Iris by Van Cleef & Arpels
    Bois Dore by Van Cleef & Arpels
    Guilty Absolute pour femme by Gucci
    For Her EDT by Narciso Rodriguez
    For Her Musc Noir by Narciso Rodriguez
    Narciso EDT by Narciso Rodriguez
    Mon Guerlain EDT by Guerlain
    La Petite Robe Noire Black Perfecto EDP by Guerlain
    Samsara EDT by Guerlain
    Lolita Lempicka Mon Premier
    Lolita Lempicka Elixir Sublime
    John Galliano
    Bottega Veneta
    Lalique Le Parfum
    L'Ange Noir by Givenchy
    Contradiction by Calvin Klein
    Cheap and Chic I Love Love by Moschino

Travel sprays/rollerballs:
    Pour femme by D&G
    Libre Intense by YSL
    Loverdose by Diesel

Mini sizes:
    Alaia by Azzedine Alaia (+ body cream)
    Alaia Nude by Azzedine Alaia
    Al Oudh by L'Artisan Parfumeur
    Noir Exquis by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I swear, I don't know how to do a small rotation That might be possible if I changed it weekly or bi-weekly though...
    Last edited by ClockworkAlice; 3rd September 2021 at 01:21 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast