Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Your Perfume Rotations in 2021

Welcome to our new Perfume Rotations thread for 2021.

Most rotations are monthly but all rotational approaches/ideas are very welcome here in this thread - seasonal, quarterly, fortnightly, weekly, half yearly, etc. Please feel free to list any 2021 Finish Focus perfume projects or any other type of perfume project that you might undertake during the year here at the start of the new thread so you can see how you did at the end of the year.

Here's a link to the 2020 thread for quick & easy reference:
    https://www.basenotes.net/threads/47...ations-in-2020
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Default Re: Your Perfume Rotations in 2021

A bit early I have decided on this rotation for January :
    Lolita Lempicka Mon Premier parfum
    Lolitaland
    Miss Dior org.
    Elixir des merveilles
    Escale a Portofino
    L'air du desert marocain
    Opium
    Santal majuscule
    Dzing!
    No 19

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

My rotation going forward in 2021will be as haphazard as before, following no structured norms.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Finding a mix of scents and music for a more focused LSAT retake. Lots of saffron, cypriol, juniper, frankincense, elemi, and oud. Anything pungent that helps weaponize my OCD.
    All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand.
    Currently wearing: Adameku by Di Ser

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    My rotation going forward in 2021will be as haphazard as before, following no structured norms.
    Still considering a fairly similar approach-while most of the choices will be haphazard as well, they will still keeping a quite consistent rotation of certain all time (personal) favorite classics
    Currently wearing: Open by Roger & Gallet

I am planning to track my wears for 2021 as I feel like most of my collection sits unworn and yet I wear something every day.

Until January 6th, sticking with December's FB rotation of incense, amber, leather and spice : Avignon, Penhaligon's Elixir, Casbah, Shaal Nur, Etro Ambra, Jaipur pH, Gomma, Knize 10, Jacomo de Jacomo. Samples : Kyoto, Ouarzazate, LAVS, Eau Sacree, Incense Extreme, LADDM, ACDD, Grand Soir, 07 Tanoke, Grimoire, Hyde, Lonestar Memories.

After 6th January rotation of incense, iris, leather, heliotrope, smoke, cold, green : CdG Black, Avignon, Zagorsk, Jacomo de Jacomo, Bel Ami, Bottega Veneta, Infusion d'Iris, Etro Heliotrope. Sampling Tom Daxon Iridium, Hiris, Eau de Gentiane Blanche, LAVS, Cardinal, No19 Poudre, Papillon Angelique and Anubis
    Last edited by incense+heliotrope; 5th January 2021 at 05:22 PM.
    Summer is here : greens, vetiver, aromatics. Selecting from : Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme EdT; Guerlain Vetiver, Etro Palais Jamais. Aramis Tuscany; Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; Knize Sec; Caron Yatagan; . Evening : Etro Ambra, Etro Shaal Nur; Knize Ten, Penhaligon's Elixir.

MD > LA > NYC > Chicago > MSP > NYC > LA > Seattle

Being in the Pacific Northwest, where it's not frigid, but cold and damp enough to gravitate towards heavier scents, here's what I'll likely be leaning on until it warms up*:

Daily workhorses:
    La Fumee Arabie
    Lampblack
    Equipage & Equipage Geranium
    Jubilation XXV
    Eau de Gloire
    Timbuktu

Daily treats:
    Musk Lave

Night-time workhorses:
    Korrigan
    LADDM
    ACDD
    Psychedelique
    Cuir Ottoman
    Broken Theories
    Incendo

Night-time treats:
    Casablanca
    Mem
    Maai
    Hyde
    Santal Galore
    Agar de Noir
    Tyrannosaurus Rex

* There are a bunch of other things I'd wear more of if my partner didn't react poorly to them.
    Currently wearing: MAAI by Bogue Profumo

I decided to try something new for the next year and to dabble in Rotations for the first time. I really love variety and it's very hard for me to narrow down my choices as it always feels like it's not enough - I want to include everything! But at the same time it seems nice to focus on less as big wardrobe can feel overwhelming, too - especially visually.
    So I tried narrowing down some choices - I couldn't do just 10 or 12 scents and something like 5 feels impossible for now, so I tried to do 20-ish. Smaller rotation seems actually more achievable for spring or summer, as I have just a few summery fragrances that are my tried and true favourites, but my wintery scents make up the good part of my collection and I seem to want to wear them all in winter... But let's see and maybe I'll enjoy it.

I have several fragrances that either feel the most "me" or are favourites and therefore I would like to include them in pretty much every rotation: Gucci Guilty Absolute, Bvlgari Black, Molinard Les Amoureux de Peynet, Narciso Rodriguez For Her, Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, Mandarine Basilic (which I currently don't own) and Shalimar. I could add things like For Her L'Absolu or Bapteme du feu to these, but I seem to want to wear them rather rarely despite loving them. Some of favourites are great all year round and some are more seasonal therefore can be left out in some months.
    Also there are several categories that I always want to have choice(s) for: a citrus, a deep/sensual scent, an easy wear, a work appropriate scent, an allrounder, a musk, a leather, a woody scent, a spicy scent, a vanilla and/or amber, a smoky/incensy scent, a cooling scent, an energizing scent (almost always a citrus), a cozy/soothing scent, a fun scent, something new-ish or something I want to get to know better, a mini dab bottle and a travel size (this one can be a sample size, too, but this category is not important during pandemic). Also including my current finish focus scent(s) is important to me, as I want to trim my wardrobe and using up some things is a way to achieve it. Also since I have a ton of Shalimars, I want to include at least two each time depending on season and mood.
    It doesn't mean that I must have a different scent for each category: for example something like Shalimar can tick vanilla, amber, cozy, leather, smoke, to some extent citrus and even travel size (if I decanted some) all at once. I think the 7 "my" scents I was talking about before could cover almost everything by themselves and I could narrow down to 7 or 10 if I wanted, but I feel I want more variety anyway.

So I thought for a while and made this rotation which sits on the counter right now:

January
    (the numbering is unimportant and just for counting purposes)
    1. Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune - a citrus/refreshing/tart/easy/fruity
    2. Azzedine Alaia Alaia Nude - a finishfocus/easy/cozy/subtly sweet/fun/work
    3. Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium EDP - a finishfocus/gourmand/sweet/coffee/intoxicating/dark/night
    4. Rihanna Rebelle - a finishfocus/gourmand/sweet/fruity/coffee/fun/
    5. Azzedine Alaia Alaia - a finishfocus/bodycream+edp/leather/work
    6. Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT - bodycream+edt/elegant/put together/musk/floral/pretty/work/anywhereanytime
    7. Guerlain Shalimar EDP - classic/amber/vanilla/smoky/leather/citrus/cozy/winter
    8. Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum - classic/amber/vanilla/cozy/sweet/new
    9. Yves Saint Laurent Opium EDP - classic/amber/spicy/winter/night
    10. Chanel Coco EDT - classic/amber/spicy/winter
    11. Guerlain Samsara EDT - classic/floriental/woody/soft/cozy
    12. L'Artisan Parfumeur Al Oudh - oud/woody/deep/dark/minibottle/night/new
    13. L'Artisan Parfumeur L'eau d'Ambre Extreme - amber/cozy/minibottle/work/new
    14. Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Poudree - musk/elegant/cozy/put together/work/new
    15. Serge Lutens Bapteme du feu - deep/dark/rich/winter/night
    16. Gucci Guilty Absolute pour femme - "me"/woody/leather/rose/fruity/cool/elegant/put together/anywhereanytime/bodycream+edp
    17. Bvlgari Black - "me"/smoke/vanilla/cozy/easy/anywhereanytime
    +
    samples:
    Molinard Cuir - leather/spicy/winter/plastic container (I chose these first because I don't want them to evaporate)
    Paco Rabanne Olympea Legend - vanilla/sweet/salty/rich/winter/gourmand/fun/plastic container
    Sana Jardin Tiger by her side - patchouli/deep/rich/winter/plastic container
    Serge Lutens Un bois vanille - vanilla/subtly sweet/easy/work/plastic container
    Guerlain Mon Guerlain EDP - vanilla/sweet/gourmand/cozy/a few sprays left

("new" means either not older than 3-4 months or worn less than 10 times)
    I am sure I'll finish Mon Guerlain sample and Rebelle in January as there are very little left and Rebelle is currently my mask spray scent. I might add something else to replace them or I can keep using the remaining rotation, I haven't decided.

Things I always want to cover and how they are covered here (one scent can cover many things, too):

- a citrus (Pamplelune; Shalimar to a small extent)
    - a "me scent" (Guilty Absolute, Black; NR For Her, Pamplelune and Bapteme partly)
    - a Shalimar (EDP)
    - a Shalimar flanker (Philtre; I can reach into a cabinet if I want a specific different one)
    - an "all purpose" scent (Guilty Absolute, Black, For Her, Alaia Nude, Alaia, NR Poudree, Samsara, Mon Guerlain)
    - an easy wear (for me and for others): Alaia Nude, For Her, Ambre Extreme, Poudree, GGA, Black, Pamplelune
    - a work scent to mindlessly grab (almost the same as an easy wear but not exactly - can be influenced by finishfocuses and must be both lasting and morning friendly) (equals easy wears this time)
    - a seasonal scent (winter; most of these)
    - a classic besides Shalimar (Opium, Coco, Samsara)
    - a fun scent (Alaia Nude, Rebelle, Olympea Legend; to an extent - Black Opium & Un bois vanille)
    - a vanilla or an amber (not even going to count this time)
    - a sweet or gourmand scent (Black Opium, Rebelle, Olympea Legend, Shalimar Philtre)
    - a woody scent (Samsara, GGA, Poudree, For Her to an extent)
    - a leather (Cuir; Alaia; GGA, Shalimar & Black to an extent)
    - a musk (For Her; Poudree)
    - an incense or a smoky scent (Black, Shalimar)
    - a spicy scent (also can be fresh spicy: ginger, anise, etc) (Coco, Opium, Cuir, Bapteme to an extent)
    - a cool or calming scent (GGA)
    - a cozy/warm scent (almost all)
    - a sensual or a deep dark scent (For Her; Bapteme; Al Oudh)
    - a finish focus scent (Black Opium, Alaia Nude, Alaia, Rebelle, Mon Guerlain sample)
    - something new or something I want to get to know better (Shalimar Philtre, Al Oudh, Ambre Extreme, Poudree, Coco, samples)
    - a mini dab bottle (Al Oudh, Ambre Extreme, Alaia)
    - a sample (Cuir, Olympea Legend, Tiger by her side, Un bois vanille, Mon Guerlain EDP)
    - Layering combos:
    Alaia+Alaia Nude
    Alaia+Mon Guerlain
    Alaia+Poudree
    Alaia+For Her
    For Her+Poudree
    For Her+GGA
    For Her+Rebelle
    For Her+Black Opium
    Ambers/vanillas can actually be combined successfully, too, but it can feel a bit sacrilegious to layer the classics.

Well, we'll see how it goes

TL;DR: A very lengthy post about my very first rotation and a thorough thought process that led to choosing 22 scents (13 bottles, 4 minis, 5 samples: Guilty Absolute, Black, Pamplelune, Alaia, Alaia Nude, Opium, Black Opium, Coco, Samsara EDT, Shalimar EDP, Shalimar Philtre de parfum, For Her EDT, Narciso Poudree, Rebelle, Al Oudh, Ambre Extreme, Bapteme du feu, Cuir, Olympea Legend, Tiger by her side, Un bois vanille, Mon Guerlain EDP).
    Last edited by ClockworkAlice; 30th December 2020 at 09:18 PM.

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by LinePlaneVolume View Post
    Being in the Pacific Northwest, where it's not frigid, but cold and damp enough to gravitate towards heavier scents, here's what I'll likely be leaning on until it warms up*:

Daily workhorses:
    La Fumee Arabie
    Lampblack
    Equipage & Equipage Geranium
    Jubilation XXV
    Eau de Gloire
    Timbuktu

Daily treats:
    Musk Lave

Night-time workhorses:
    Korrigan
    LADDM
    ACDD
    Psychedelique
    Cuir Ottoman
    Broken Theories
    Incendo

Night-time treats:
    Casablanca
    Mem
    Maai
    Hyde
    Santal Galore
    Agar de Noir
    Tyrannosaurus Rex

* There are a bunch of other things I'd wear more of if my partner didn't react poorly to them.
    Hello, Line PlaneVolume! I've been admiring your daily selections on the SOTD list. You have a great wardrobe!
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Sillage Monster

My January rotation:

Copper Skies
    Unknown Pleasures
    Winter of 99
    Debaser
    A Blvd. Called Sunset
    Twilly d'Hermes Eau Poivree
    Hypnose
    L'Air du Desert Marocain
    Timbuktu
    Fleur d'Oranger (Lutens)
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

ClockworkAlice - Great to see in you in this thread, I wish you well with your first rotation! In the past, I've had rotations of around 20 scents, too. My rotations are constantly evolving, I even separated my rotation into all year round scents, seasonal scents that I wanted to wear for all 3 months and some monthly choices for a while which turned out to be a very good perfume learning experience for me and during the severe covid lockdowns, I switched to fortnightly for a few months, too.

I've taken some time between Christmas and New Year to reflect and go through my perfume wardrobe and see if there was any perfumes that I didn't want to take into 2021. I've decided to remove Mon Guerlain EDP as I love and enjoy wearing the Intense version more - 41 yearly wears (Intense) to 20 yearly wears (EDP). I will use the last of my EDP bottle as room spray as it hangs around for hours after spritzing and it make my room smell fantastic! I'm also retiring Stash by SJP from my main perfume wearing wardrobe and will keep it with my bottle of LPRN Couture as scents to reach for when going through difficult times to protect my favourites from bad associations. I've been on the fence about Iris de Nuit by Heeley as it is a wonderful iris scent (15 yearly wears in 2020) but I seem to only reach for it when I realise I haven't worn it for awhile so I'm moving it out of my perfume wardrobe to see if I miss it. I've got it listed in my samples for now, LPRN Couture and Stash are also listed as samples in my perfume wardrobe.

Here's my January rotation:

1845 by Mount Romance (didn't wear this much in 2020 but it has a faulty/difficult to use sprayer, want to give it a proper rotation turn)
    Ambre 114 by HdP
    Bal d'Afrique by Byredo (didn't wear this as much in 2020, want to see how much I like it now)
    Creamy Vanilla Crumble by 4160 Tuesdays (finish focus as I feel this scent is at the use it or lose it stage)
    Daim Blond by Serge Lutens
    Eau Rose by Diptyque (all year round scent)
    Fleur de Peau by Diptyque (want to wear it in rotation with Le Cri to see if I need both)
    LPRN Eau Fraiche by Guerlain (impulse buy back in Oct, 2020 - sometimes love it, sometimes I don't)
    Le Cri by Parfum d'Empire (new to my perfume wardrobe)
    Orris & Sandalwood by Jo Malone
    Replica Coffee Break by Maison Margiela (Christmas gift)
    Tiare by Ormonde Jayne

Total of 12 scents.

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleCat View Post
    ClockworkAlice - Great to see in you in this thread, I wish you well with your first rotation! In the past, I've had rotations of around 20 scents, too. My rotations are constantly evolving, I even separated my rotation into all year round scents, seasonal scents that I wanted to wear for all 3 months and some monthly choices for a while which turned out to be a very good perfume learning experience for me and during the severe covid lockdowns, I switched to fortnightly for a few months, too.
    Thank you, CuddleCat!
    Actually, it's your posts in this thread and your descriptions on your approach to building monthly rotations that always include your seasonal favourites, newest scents, something you don't wear much and your all year round scents are what inspired me to try it myself, as a lot of things you pointed out made a lot of sense to me, too.
    I'm still not sure if I'll stick with rotations for all this year or continue to just wear whatever, but this seems like a fun experiment. Of course, my huge rotation feels just like a full smaller wardrobe instead of something more restrictive, but it's what felt comfortable to me right now, especially that now during pandemic I'm wearing more scents per day than usual.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

I feel like anything that's going to be a "finish focus" for the year needs to be in my January rotation. I'm not especially committed to finishing them, but I've included three bottles with lower volumes: Dior Homme, Dior Fahrenheit, and Givenchy Gentleman. These are backed up in duplicate, so they can be worn with abandon.

I have two hanging shelves that were installed in that last year or so that need bottles, so the old five-bottle rotation isn't enough to fill the shelf space. Also, though, I committed in another thread to keeping the number of perfumes worn in January to single digits, so I've gone with eight.

IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

1. Chanel Allure Homme Sport - Someone mentioned recently that it's a good one for teenagers, and I'm still a lot like a teenager.

2. Antaeus - My most worn fragrance.

3. Givenchy Gentleman - To sync with Jules when she wears patchouli.

4. Gucci Pour Homme edt - I have a bunch of the cologne, but just this one edt. This is its rotation debut!

5. Dior Homme - This one essentially took the year off in 2020 after starring in 2019. Jules loves it. It's a sure thing.

6. Paco Rabanne Pour Homme - I had loved the original version from sampling. I've never loved this second version quite as much, but it's another one Jules loves, and I want to bond with it.

7. Bel Ami - Catching up with Antaeus as my most worn. It cleared 100 wearings in December! This is one of three bottles of Bel Ami - I'm not sure how it took over as the one that's not in deep storage. It's a '95, so it's from nine years after the initial release.

8. Fahrenheit - Another sure thing. Dior is huge around here. This was half-heartedly in my finish focus last year, but didn't get worn that much.
    Last edited by Bavard; 2nd January 2021 at 07:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Well, so ... I have no idea how to do this, stick to it, or make it work, for me, but I want to give it a try, since I would like to have some of my perfumes in easy reach. I got used to this last month, when I had scattered around various, mostly opaque, perfume bottles around our little lighted mini trees, in the ledge at our bedroom window.

I have a real perfume tray on a dresser at our place in the city, I think I’ll bring it back (we leave this evening and come back in a couple of days) to the country house, and I will load up my dedicated perfume bag with most of what I still have in the city, as it appears that we’re going to give up the place in the city by early February, because it is not paying for itself, and with Covid closures, we are never in the city, because the clubs and bars are closed, and there’s no DJ work—none safe and profitable enough, anyway, to make it worth the trouble. We’ll find something when the time is right. It’s going to be a big project ...

So, this is my rotation for probably now through mid March. There is no theme other than “what I wear in winter,” and maybe “things I should try to review (I have a BIG backlog of reviews waiting to come off hold). I will likely add to this list, because I can be kind of whimsical, and, also, because I will be, undoubtedly, buying some things ...
    January Rotation

Night time treats:

Milk Musk
    Putain de Palaces
    L’Instant Magic
    Sweet Dreams

Regular SOTD::
    Al Oudh
    Ambre Russe
    Angel Muse
    Aura
    Attar AT
    Black Vines
    Chanel No 5 (any formulation, I guess)
    Cuir de Russie
    Infusion d’Iris
    Insolence EDT
    Jasmine Noir
    Jeux de Peau
    Like This
    Loulou
    Lupin & Patchouli
    Maharanih Intense
    Messe de Minuit
    Mitsouko
    Nuit de Noël
    Œllieres
    Ormonde Woman
    Roasted Green Tea
    Rouge Smoking
    Sensi
    Spiriteuse Double Vanille
    Une Rose
    Velour de Roses
    White Aoud

New things on the way that I’ll probably end up wearing:
    Sticky Cake
    Dangerous Complicity
    Rochas Absolu
    Coromandel parfum

Decants: finish, and buy a bottle, or not
    Journey Woman
    Remarkable People
    Commodity Tonka
    Bijou Romantique
    "Put on some red lipstick, and live a little."--Dita Von Teese
    current avatar: the incomparable Annie Lennox ❤️❤️❤️

Khanada, it's fun to see yet another newbie to rotation threads! I hop we both will find a way to make this work and feel fun, interesting and rewarding.
    Your rotation is on the bigger side, too, but it makes sense as it's for quite a long time.
    Best luck and have fun! (And write those reviews as I enjoy reading them )

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post

So I thought for a while and made this rotation which sits on the counter right now:

January
    (the numbering is unimportant and just for counting purposes)
    1. Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune - a citrus/refreshing/tart/easy/fruity
    2. Azzedine Alaia Alaia Nude - a finishfocus/easy/cozy/subtly sweet/fun/work
    3. Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium EDP - a finishfocus/gourmand/sweet/coffee/intoxicating/dark/night
    4. Rihanna Rebelle - a finishfocus/gourmand/sweet/fruity/coffee/fun/
    5. Azzedine Alaia Alaia - a finishfocus/bodycream+edp/leather/work
    6. Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT - bodycream+edt/elegant/put together/musk/floral/pretty/work/anywhereanytime
    7. Guerlain Shalimar EDP - classic/amber/vanilla/smoky/leather/citrus/cozy/winter
    8. Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum - classic/amber/vanilla/cozy/sweet/new
    9. Yves Saint Laurent Opium EDP - classic/amber/spicy/winter/night
    10. Chanel Coco EDT - classic/amber/spicy/winter
    11. Guerlain Samsara EDT - classic/floriental/woody/soft/cozy
    12. L'Artisan Parfumeur Al Oudh - oud/woody/deep/dark/minibottle/night/new
    13. L'Artisan Parfumeur L'eau d'Ambre Extreme - amber/cozy/minibottle/work/new
    14. Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Poudree - musk/elegant/cozy/put together/work/new
    15. Serge Lutens Bapteme du feu - deep/dark/rich/winter/night
    16. Gucci Guilty Absolute pour femme - "me"/woody/leather/rose/fruity/cool/elegant/put together/anywhereanytime/bodycream+edp
    17. Bvlgari Black - "me"/smoke/vanilla/cozy/easy/anywhereanytime
    +
    samples:
    Molinard Cuir - leather/spicy/winter/plastic container (I chose these first because I don't want them to evaporate)
    Paco Rabanne Olympea Legend - vanilla/sweet/salty/rich/winter/gourmand/fun/plastic container
    Sana Jardin Tiger by her side - patchouli/deep/rich/winter/plastic container
    Serge Lutens Un bois vanille - vanilla/subtly sweet/easy/work/plastic container
    Guerlain Mon Guerlain EDP - vanilla/sweet/gourmand/cozy/a few sprays left

("new" means either not older than 3-4 months or worn less than 10 times)
    I am sure I'll finish Mon Guerlain sample and Rebelle in January as there are very little left and Rebelle is currently my mask spray scent. I might add something else to replace them or I can keep using the remaining rotation, I haven't decided.
    Since I finished the last drops of Rebelle and apparently the Mon Guerlain EDP sample was already emptied when I put it in rotation (it was opaque), my big rotation shrank a bit and I intended to keep it that way, but since yesterday I kept looking into my perfume drawer...
    I took a bottle of Méharées by L'Erbolario from the drawer and put it next to the others in January's rotation. I noticed last year that it's the best at late winter as I wore it extensively in February and a bit in March, so I thought to keep it hidden for now and take it out in February this year, too. But I sniffed it yesterday and it was heavenly. I sniffed it today and it is heavenly. Its time has come.

My updated January rotation:
    1. Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune
    2. Guerlain Shalimar EDP
    3. Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum
    4. Guerlain Samsara EDT
    5. Gucci Guilty Absolute pour femme
    6. Bvlgari Black
    7. Chanel Coco EDT
    8. YSL Opium EDP
    9. YSL Black Opium EDP
    10. Azzedine Alaia Alaia (body cream + a mini)
    11. Azzedine Alaia Alaia Nude (a small 10 ml bottle)
    12. Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT (EDT and a body cream)
    13. Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Poudree
    14. Serge Lutens Bapteme du feu
    15. L'Artisan Parfumeur L'eau d'Ambre Extreme (mini)
    16. L'Artisan Parfumeur Al Oudh (mini)
    17. L'Erbolario Méharées
    18. Guerlain L'Heure Bleue EDT
    + samples in plastic containers:
    Molinard Cuir
    Paco Rabanne Olympea Legend
    Sana Jardin Tiger by her side
    Serge Lutens Un bois vanille

So far I strayed out of the rotation plan only once: to wear Insolence yesterday evening, and I was very close to straying for Méharées, so I decided to just include it anyway. I'll also stray a bit tomorrow to wear L'heure bleue EDT for this week's Vintage Synch. I also thought of putting it into rotation, too, but I put all the rotation scents on my bathroom counter, and I kind of do not want to keep that old bottle there. I want to keep wearing it though as I'd rather use it up than let it spoil, so I may want to put it into rotations down the road, but I have to find a way. (Edit: I thought up how to safely decant it to a travel spray and in the process dabbed some and, since I'll wear it tomorrow, added it to the rotation, too). Okay, I'm rambling.
    At first I wanted to include all my wintery scents into this rotation, but as wintery scents make up most of my collection it would feel rather pointless... But I still want to wear them all during winter. Well, at least it's winter until mid-April here most years, so hopefully I'll be able to give them all some time to shine.

How are you doing during the first week of January rotation?
    Last edited by ClockworkAlice; 7th January 2021 at 10:56 AM. Reason: I found a way to decant some L'heure bleue and added it to rotation, too

Wearing Perfume Right Now

I’ve already gone off rotation twice - both essential though - to review an eBay delivery of Ho Hang Club backups and to join a Cabochard flash sync. I’m going to pull Antaeus, which hasn’t had a wearing yet, and keep those two.

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleCat View Post
    Here's my January rotation:

1845 by Mount Romance (didn't wear this much in 2020 but it has a faulty/difficult to use sprayer, want to give it a proper rotation turn)
    Ambre 114 by HdP
    Bal d'Afrique by Byredo (didn't wear this as much in 2020, want to see how much I like it now)
    Creamy Vanilla Crumble by 4160 Tuesdays (finish focus as I feel this scent is at the use it or lose it stage)
    Eau Rose by Diptyque (all year round scent)
    Fleur de Peau by Diptyque (want to wear it in rotation with Le Cri to see if I need both)
    LPRN Eau Fraiche by Guerlain (impulse buy back in Oct, 2020 - sometimes love it, sometimes I don't)
    Replica Coffee Break by Maison Margiela (Christmas gift)
    Tiare by Ormonde Jayne

Total of 12 scents.
    The first week has been very good and I've stuck to my rotation except for today as I'm wearing Doe in the Snow for the "Snowy Mountains" sync. For the second month in a row, rotations have helped me refine my perfume wardrobe. I've realised that even though 1845 by Mount Romance is a good scent, I don't want or need it in my perfume wardrobe - it's never going to be a favourite. It's an oriental scent and although it's more floral than my other oriental perfumes, I'm still going to reach for Coco EDT or Opium EDT before 1845 every single time. There isn't much left as the sprayer seems to spray at least double the amount compared to other spray mechs so I'll use the last little bit as room spray or linen spray. The other scent I've made a decision about is my new gift - Replica Coffee Break by Maison Margiela. This is being relegated to mainly a room, linen or mask (want to try this) spray. One thing, I learned in 2020 (not just because of covid) is that everyday is precious and not to waste days wearing scents that I've realised are not quite right for me.

Here's my revised January rotation:

I'm bringing back a separate section for seasonal scents that I want to wear in all three months of summer (these were part of my December rotation. Not sure if I will continue this with Autumn as well.

L'Agent by Agent Provocateur
    Moonlight Patchouli by VC&A (this is one of my all year round scents)
    Narciso EDP (new in November to my perfume wardrobe)
    No.19 Poudre by Chanel (this is one of my all year round scents)

Ambre 114 by HdP
    Eau Rose by Diptyque (all year round scent that is in every rotation)
    Tiare by Ormonde Jayne

It's now a rotation of 14 scents this month!

I'm another newbie to this thread so let me say hallo! I'm stuck here looking for some decluttering tricks as I really want to reduce my collection from 26 scents to approximetly 10, maybe 15. Most mainstream pieces now.

January rotation: Perles de Lalique, L'Interdit EdP, Aromatics Elixir EdP (new), Sensuous, Womanity, Angel Muse EdP, Shalimar Souffle Intense, Stash (new), Eternity, Opium EdP (bedtime scent)
    Currently wearing: Womanity by Thierry Mugler

Quote Originally Posted by meri View Post
    I'm another newbie to this thread so let me say hallo! I'm stuck here looking for some decluttering tricks as I really want to reduce my collection from 26 scents to approximetly 10, maybe 15. Most mainstream pieces now.

January rotation: Perles de Lalique, L'Interdit EdP, Aromatics Elixir EdP (new), Sensuous, Womanity, Angel Muse EdP, Shalimar Souffle Intense, Stash (new), Eternity, Opium EdP (bedtime scent)
    Hello meri! Welcome, and thanks for posting your rotation.

January will be dedicated to wearing only Chanel Antaeus.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by meri View Post

Hi meri, welcome to Basenotes and the rotation thread! I wish you well with your January rotation and with your decluttering project.

Happy Belated New Year, All!

Cuddlecat, thanks for starting a new thread for 2021!

And welcome to all the new faces to the rotations thread! Welcome, LinePlaneVolume, ClockworkAlice, and meri. And welcome back, khanada. Pretty sure I saw you in here once or twice last year, no? But congratulations, all, on starting a rotation! Looking forward to seeing you all this year.

For January, I’ve been using this rotation:

January 2021

Finish Focus: Flower by Kenzo

1. Angelique Noire
    2. Chypre Siam
    3. Coromandel
    4. Eau Parfumee au The Blanc
    5. Gieffeffe
    6. Kenzo Flower
    7. Labdanum 18
    8. La Petite Robe Noire Eau Fraiche
    9. No. 19 Poudre
    10. Shalimar Ode a la Vanille Sur la Route du Mexique
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kotori; 13th January 2021 at 09:07 PM.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    For January, I’ve been using this rotation:

January 2021

Finish Focus: Flower by Kenzo

1. Angelique Noire
    2. Chypre Siam
    3. Coromandel
    4. Eau Parfumee au The Blanc
    5. Gieffeffe
    6. Kenzo Flower
    7. Labdanum 18
    8. La Petite Robe Noire Eau Fraiche
    9. No. 19 Poudre
    10. Shalimar Ode a la Vanille Sur la Route du Mexique
    You have some good choices in this list. Coromandel, Ode a la Mexique, Angelique Noire, and Chypre-Siam are great picks.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    You have some good choices in this list. Coromandel, Ode a la Mexique, Angelique Noire, and Chypre-Siam are great picks.
    Hey thanks, NCal! Good to see you!

Hey ClockworkAlice, tell me about Meharees. Did you ever have Musc Ravageur or L de Lolita? Or did you stumble on Meharees on its own merits? I wonder because I have a sample that I purchased to see if it cools ostensibly replace L de Lolita for me when I run out. And it likely could; it’s pretty similar. Also, do you import it from Italy, or have you found a US distributor? Or was it eBay/Amazon? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    Hey ClockworkAlice, tell me about Meharees. Did you ever have Musc Ravageur or L de Lolita? Or did you stumble on Meharees on its own merits? I wonder because I have a sample that I purchased to see if it cools ostensibly replace L de Lolita for me when I run out. And it likely could; it’s pretty similar. Also, do you import it from Italy, or have you found a US distributor? Or was it eBay/Amazon? Just wondering.
    First of all - thank you, Kotori, for the warm welcome!
    Secondly, I'm afraid I won't be of much help to you as I cannot truly compare Meharees with Musc Ravageur and L. L was already discontinued and nowhere to be found when I became interested in fragrances, and I only sniffed Musc Ravageur, didn't even try in on my skin (my bad, I'm a bit reluctant to try anything that's way too expensive for me, but I at least try to sniff things that are popular to get at least some idea). Musc Ravageur seemed spicier to me though. But the general consensus is that Meharees is truly similar to the drydown of Musc Ravageur. I could easily go to the store and fully test it out and report my findings to you when our lockdown is lifted though if you can wait several weeks or a month or something (we're under serious lockdown at least until February and all non-essential stores are closed). The notes of L always intrigued me as it always seemed like something perfect for me, too, but when I started searching for it I found out it was discontinued long ago. Is it spicy? Because Meharees is actually NOT spicy, it's more dusty/sandy/dry (dry as the opposite of wet, not the opposite of sweet) with a hint of sweetness of dates and amber. (I mean, I usually think of cinnamon as a spicy, very warm/hot/even sparkly note in perfumes, like I perceive it in Opium, but I don't get that here, it's mostly the dustiness, dryness, the sandy texture of it for me.) Wearing Meharees truly feels like going through the neverending sands in the heat to me, I think the name is very accurate. It's also a very comforting perfume. TBH I would probably compare it to Chergui, just a bit less sweet! (Keep in mind I sniffed Chergui a long time ago and it's just a backthought, maybe I'm not correct here, but my mind connects the two.)
    And yes, I stumbled on Meharees because of what it is (and read some reviews online on how it's a good and interesting amber on budget, too) and not because it's also widely perceived as an alternative for Musc Ravageur, so I didn't even compare them. Honestly, it just lessened my will to actually try MR because, well, if people comparing them are right, why would I need a more expensive alternative to Meharees? :/

As for getting Meharees, well, I'm in Europe and it's readily available in many perfumery stores where I live. I actually tested out all L'Erbolario line that I could get my hands on as they're pretty affordable and of good quality. I liked some, didn't care for some, but Meharees is definitely my favourite. By the way, if you decide on getting it, consider getting the body cream, too, it's amazing.

So L de Lolita... is a bit spicy in a cinnamon sense, yes, but not like Opium. Just, I don’t know, as if you are currently baking an orange vanilla custard while your next door neighbor bakes cinnamon rolls, and both of you have your windows open. I wear it every Thanksgiving and many Christmasses. I also wear it in the summer sometimes. I think the drydown of all three is probably very alike.

Silly me, of course you can get L’Erbolario easily where you are!