Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. - Vol 4, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by The Colognnoisseur View Post
    Spotted a 50ml bottle of Bond No. 9 Cooper Square at the local TJX on clearance for $59.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I'd have jumped on that.
    Chuck, that is absolutely character-perfect what I was going to post!

Basenotes Institution The Colognnoisseur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I'd have jumped on that.
    I couldn’t resist getting my nose on B9 Cooper Square given the juniper notes. In the end, it was returned, as I would likely reach more often for L’Occitane Cade for my juniper fix.
    THE COLOGNNOISSEUR
    OMAHA, NE
    USA

Basenotes Institution The Colognnoisseur's Avatar

And now from the cheap seats...I spotted and blind bought a 1oz bottle of AOS Coriander and Cardamom Cologne Intense for $4 at the local Burlington.
    THE COLOGNNOISSEUR
    OMAHA, NE
    USA

Wow-yet again I feel like I am in East Berlin and y'all are in West Berlin. Covid so bad here they are saying to buy bags of ice if someone dies at home because the morgues and mortuaries are overflowing, parking corpses in trucks in the parking lot. Literally, I drove past a funeral home with a fleet of ominous looking trucks in their parking lot. A swing through Marshalls (or Neiman's, for that matter) sounds like heaven but I don't want literally to end up there (or the other place) because of it..... Thank God that Total Wine has touch free curbside pickup.... The only volatile liquids I am buying at present.
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    Wow-yet again I feel like I am in East Berlin and y'all are in West Berlin. Covid so bad here they are saying to buy bags of ice if someone dies at home because the morgues and mortuaries are overflowing, parking corpses in trucks in the parking lot. Literally, I drove past a funeral home with a fleet of ominous looking trucks in their parking lot. A swing through Marshalls (or Neiman's, for that matter) sounds like heaven but I don't want literally to end up there (or the other place) because of it..... Thank God that Total Wine has touch free curbside pickup.... The only volatile liquids I am buying at present.
    I truly feel for you guys. It won’t last forever.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by BSmell View Post
    Tough to walk away from with prices like that. Let us know what you think of them!
    Short version I don't regret either buy. I can see why at $150 or whatever these were priced at originally how they could get some thumbs down, but at $18 or $25 not bad at all.

Just one wear of the Bergamot, it is quite light and pleasant with average or just under longevity. Compares somewhat to Ferrari Pure Bergamot but with more citrus. Odysseum's review is pretty accurate imo.....

Have few wears of the Vetiver and quite liking it. It's a very sharp vetiver with the other notes well into the background and it has well above average longevity. It's not too dark. Offhand I can't think of a similar vetiver. It gets just a little bit smoky with time but doesn't change much. I'm not sure I could recommend this to all as it doesn't seem like it would be mainstream popular. If anyone is interested, take a quick look at the reviews.... they are all over the map and don't sound like reviews of one scent. There are perhaps part of two I agree with but in general it seems like they are not smelling the same thing.... could this have been reformulated that quickly?

The only thing I remember reading about the line was poor longevity, and that is not the case, particularly with vetiver. One spray almost takes you into the next day. On the negative side, these are very linear almost one-note types. Someone that expects different aspects over time will surely not like that, or might complain about no complexity.
    Currently wearing: Déclaration by Cartier

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    Where is this?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Quote Originally Posted by The Colognnoisseur View Post
    And now from the cheap seats...I spotted and blind bought a 1oz bottle of AOS Coriander and Cardamom Cologne Intense for $4 at the local Burlington.
    L'Occitane Cade is really nice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Where is this?
    Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by woodnotes55 View Post
    Short version I don't regret either buy. I can see why at $150 or whatever these were priced at originally how they could get some thumbs down, but at $18 or $25 not bad at all.

Just one wear of the Bergamot, it is quite light and pleasant with average or just under longevity. Compares somewhat to Ferrari Pure Bergamot but with more citrus. Odysseum's review is pretty accurate imo.....

Have few wears of the Vetiver and quite liking it. It's a very sharp vetiver with the other notes well into the background and it has well above average longevity. It's not too dark. Offhand I can't think of a similar vetiver. It gets just a little bit smoky with time but doesn't change much. I'm not sure I could recommend this to all as it doesn't seem like it would be mainstream popular. If anyone is interested, take a quick look at the reviews.... they are all over the map and don't sound like reviews of one scent. There are perhaps part of two I agree with but in general it seems like they are not smelling the same thing.... could this have been reformulated that quickly?

The only thing I remember reading about the line was poor longevity, and that is not the case, particularly with vetiver. One spray almost takes you into the next day. On the negative side, these are very linear almost one-note types. Someone that expects different aspects over time will surely not like that, or might complain about no complexity.
    Thanks for the feedback. Seems like they're worth a blind-buy at the clearance price. They're probably long gone from my local store by now...

TJ Maxx SE Wisconsin: lots (and lots) of Gucci Mémoire d'une Odeur. Also Missoni PH 100 ml on final clearance for $29.

42E482E8-7445-4ED6-B0FF-640C65BA31FB.jpg
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

Quote Originally Posted by NettyYeti View Post
    TJ Maxx SE Wisconsin: lots (and lots) of Gucci Mémoire d'une Odeur. Also Missoni PH 100 ml on final clearance for $29.

42E482E8-7445-4ED6-B0FF-640C65BA31FB.jpg
    That Gucci reeks.

LOL, that's a lot of Gucci...
    P.S. I quite like that Good Chemistry Brainiac btw, picked up a couple of bottles when Target was clearing them out a year ago.

TJ Maxx: Hermes Un Jardin sur la Lagune 30 ml @ $40, Versace Eros Flame 200 ml @ $70 and a very very random beat up Moschino Friends 75 ml with a tattered red sticker @ $32.
    Marshalls: Azzaro PH tin can gift sets yellow stickered @ $26.
    Most of the clearance stuff appears to have been picked up.

TJ Maxx had not much but they have removed/redone all the shelves again, and now right next to the fragrances they had a lot of new (hand) razors/shavers and related accessories/shave cream. Looks like they are moving into the wet shave thing and will give those enthusiasts on here something to look at....

Rarely go to Burlington but did in Dec and they had a ton of gift sets. Now they have almost nothing at all, maybe 20% of the shelf space of before. They had one gift set left, a set of minis from Vince Camuto marked down to $16. One AOS Coriander and Cardamon, 30 mil for 6.99. Never tried that brand and wasn't sure if that was a good deal but gave a pass. Found a bunch of deodorant sticks marked down and bought four variations of Lamborghini ones for $2.49. May or may not give a sense of the frag, but am pretty easy/flexible to use any deodorant as most do not project enough to smell them regularly.

Went to my local L'Occitane outlet today and they were clearing out a whole bunch of Eau De Cedrat 100 ml because they are replacing them with the new 75 ml bottles.
    It was mind boggling to see 100 ml bottle priced @ $28 right next to 75 ml bottles priced @ $65.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by maksidrom View Post
    Marshalls: Azzaro PH tin can gift sets yellow stickered @ $26.
    Good deal on that!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

It was mind boggling to see 100 ml bottle priced @ $28
    More than 50% off! Great deal!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Went to my local L'Occitane outlet today and they were clearing out a whole bunch of Eau De Cedrat 100 ml because they are replacing them with the new 75 ml bottles.
    It was mind boggling to see 100 ml bottle priced @ $28 right next to 75 ml bottles priced @ $65.
    I don't think there is a single L'Occitane scent that my wife did not like on me. All winners.

Dependent

Great deal!
    Currently wearing: Sartorial by Penhaligon's

Blog Entries

Never smelled that one, but the brand is fantastic, and that's a great price!

I went back and grabbed another 100 ml bottle of Eau de Cedrat for that price, fortunately the store still had about half a dozen clearance bottles left. It seems to have left the US website, so FOMO kicked in, even though in store there were still a few 75 ml bottles left (though at more than twice the price). I wore it to work last week and it's a very pleasant pick-me-up dumb reach every day scent, perfect for the office or just when you want to feel clean and fresh. Pretty much zero projection or sillage and after 2-3 hours it stays really close to skin, but some days I need exactly that.

I forgot where the store was when I went back to the mall, so I had to ask for directions at the information/customer service booth. After asking twice for L'Occitane and being met with blank stares I typed it out on my phone and showed them the logo. Ah, Le Octane! - exclaimed they.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

I got a Missoni Pour Homme gift set (3.4 oz EDT, travel spray, aftershave, and body wash) and it was reduced to $38.00

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh V. View Post
    I got a Missoni Pour Homme gift set (3.4 oz EDT, travel spray, aftershave, and body wash) and it was reduced to $38.00
    Nice deal.

I went back and grabbed another 100 ml bottle of Eau de Cedrat for that price, fortunately the store still had about half a dozen clearance bottles left. It seems to have left the US website, so FOMO kicked in, even though in store there were still a few 75 ml bottles left (though at more than twice the price). I wore it to work last week and it's a very pleasant pick-me-up dumb reach every day scent, perfect for the office or just when you want to feel clean and fresh. Pretty much zero projection or sillage and after 2-3 hours it stays really close to skin, but some days I need exactly that.

I forgot where the store was when I went back to the mall, so I had to ask for directions at the information/customer service booth. After asking twice for L'Occitane and being met with blank stares I typed it out on my phone and showed them the logo. Ah, Le Octane! - exclaimed they.
    I love the L'Occitane freshies as well, but just cannot stand the performance. I'm always to pick one up anyway, but then get annoyed when I can't find the smell after an hour or so.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Roja Parfums H The Exclusive Aoud
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Molinard Patchouli
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    I love the L'Occitane freshies as well, but just cannot stand the performance. I'm always to pick one up anyway, but then get annoyed when I can't find the smell after an hour or so.
    Yeah, even at more than 50% off I still hesitated a bit, because they are indeed glorified fancy body mists in all honesty. Usually I pick up travel sizes or minis at L'Occitane, but I can never justify a full bottle at their retail prices.

It’s been said the 75ml bottles are reformulated and not strong anymore which is a shame you lose both ways quantity and quality ridiculous.

Overstock.com has Eau Des Baux in the new 75ml bottles for $34 great price but if it’s been watered down what’s the point grr.
    The finishing piece to my day’s attire is always a solid fragrance.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Rare stop at Nordstrom Rack... total bust for bargain seekers. They had over half of the Ferragamo line, but all but one were 50 to 100% higher than online. They also had a lot of Kenneth Cole and Tommy Bahama, don't know those as well but none seemed cheap. A few Marc Ecko box sets, one a frag I had not seen before, but high. The only thing of interest was something by Molton Brown, forget the name, it was one ounce and said regular price $25/our price $19.... gave it a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by woodnotes55 View Post
    Rare stop at Nordstrom Rack... total bust for bargain seekers. They had over half of the Ferragamo line, but all but one were 50 to 100% higher than online. They also had a lot of Kenneth Cole and Tommy Bahama, don't know those as well but none seemed cheap. A few Marc Ecko box sets, one a frag I had not seen before, but high. The only thing of interest was something by Molton Brown, forget the name, it was one ounce and said regular price $25/our price $19.... gave it a pass.
    You’re a wise man.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

My local TJ Maxx had several Jimmy Choo offerings, which I was surprised by the amount of bottles. 2 bottles of Jimmy Choo Man, 3 bottles of Man Ice, and 4 bottles of Man Blue.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Dependent

Commodity that didn't sell at other TJ's so they dumped it here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast