Code of Conduct
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. - Vol 4, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceCaspian View Post
    Eau de Cartier Eau de Parfum 100ml $19.99

Attachment 152022
    Nice find at a good price for that size!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Checked out 3 Marshall’s and four TJMAX’s in Chicagoland and wasn’t able to fine those YSLs. -Or anything else of interest really.. Banana Republic Black Walnut is everywhere though. $20 for 100ml. Still a pass for me

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceCaspian View Post

Obviously the Eau de Cartier stands out there, and is the one I picked up. And it came with a little story: the manager at Burlington came to help with one of those plastic cages that would not open and noticed the price - which was actually in two places, one in the exterior of the cage and another on the box (but inside the cage). He immediately started to mumble "this can't be the price", tried to remove the sticker trying to find a supposed sticker underneath... In the end he gave up and reluctantly snapped a replacement $19.99 sticker on it.

Attached is the visual proof.Attachment 152022
    Great find and good for the manager. Definitely a price mistake since I've seen Eau De Cartier at my local Burlington and the 100 ml bottles were priced $59.99
    Burlington managers in Houston area aren't nearly as nice.

I've been checking in with my local rack stores looking to collect the Banana Republic Icon frags, given how much of a discount they get at these stores. So far I've found 17 Oud Mosaic, 06 Black Platinum, 90 Pure White, 78 Vintage Green, Linen Vetiver, Neroli Woods, and Tobacco & Tonka Bean. That last one's interesting, because it's the only time I've seen an Icon frag other than the first two "waves". But I'm glad I did, because it's one of my favorites. Some are really common - I've seen a ton of 17 Oud Mosaic, Neroli Woods, and Linen Vetiver, but I've only seen 78 Vintage Green one time (and snagged it). Cypress & Cedar seems pretty rare... Hoping it pops up. I'd also like to grab Grassland, but that's from the newest wave so it's unlikely.

Other rarer deals I've snagged: Commodity Bergamot, Vetiver, and Book for ~$30 each, Art of Shaving Green Lavender 100 ml for $15 and Vetiver Citron 30 ml for $8, and Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord 50 ml for $30. I absolutely loooove Private Accord. The rest are range from good to ok... The exception being Green Lavender, which smells like my grandfather's aftershave and is just really unappealing to me.

Other more common things I've grabbed are Versace Dylan Blue, Pour Homme, Dylan Blue, and Man Eau Fraiche, Mont Blanc Individuel, F by Ferragamo Black, Nautica Voyage, Calvin Klein CK One Shock, and Burberry London.

Nothing impressive at TJMAXX today, I did see YSL L’Homme Sport 2oz for $50 and Tommy Bahama Maritime Deep Blue 3.4oz for $35 otherwise same ole stuff.
    Current Top Favorites:

Ralph Lauren Polo
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDT
    Chanel Egoiste
    Costume National Homme
    Hermes Bel Ami
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Caron Le 3ème Homme
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Cartier Pasha De Cartier Parfum

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Nothing impressive at TJMAXX today, I did see YSL L’Homme Sport 2oz for $50 and Tommy Bahama Maritime Deep Blue 3.4oz for $35 otherwise same ole stuff.
    Still..more YSL...not bad.
    Currently wearing: Himalaya by Creed

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Still..more YSL...not bad.
    Finally found a YSL l’homme sport 2oz for $49.
    Not the best price but it’s discontinued so I grabbed it.
    TJMAX in Lincoln Park Chicago. They only had one available.

They also had Juliet has a gun Sunny Side Up 100ml for $59. Passed on it.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

I spent a good chunk of my Saturday looking around for some YSL discount findings. Came up empty.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Decided to celebrate my full vaccination status by checking out all the stores in downtown Seattle. Basically bupkis. But the Sak’s Off 5th had some decent stuff, including a Clive Christian 2 x 10 ml set of Amber Oriental and Woody Floral (pretty sure that was it) for $75. I passed but PNW CC fans take note!
    “I have often observed that [scents] cause an alteration in me and work upon my spirits according to their several virtues; which makes me approve of what is said, that the use of incense and perfumes in churches, so ancient and so universally received in all nations and religions, was intended to cheer us, and to rouse and purify the senses, the better to fit us for contemplation” - Montaigne
    Currently wearing: Greyland by Montale

Quote Originally Posted by thethanos View Post

I saw this same Juliet at a TJ Maxx in SE Wisconsin today in the women’s section. They were also stocking a few Moschino gift sets and Flowerbomb fragrances. Nothing to speak of on the men’s side.

They also had Juliet has a gun Sunny Side Up 100ml for $59.
    That's a good price for that size,
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Checked last night and this is what I picked up: Bond No.9 Nuits de NoHo(79.99), Bond No. 9 New York Musk(79.99), and Juliet Has a Gun Not a Perfume(59.99).

They had a bottle of Clive Christian(289), a Mancera Rose Greedy(79.99), to which I passed on.
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI

That's a good find.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntagonist View Post
    Checked last night and this is what I picked up: Bond No.9 Nuits de NoHo(79.99), Bond No. 9 New York Musk(79.99), and Juliet Has a Gun Not a Perfume(59.99).

They had a bottle of Clive Christian(289), a Mancera Rose Greedy(79.99), to which I passed on.
    Which Clive Christian was it?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntagonist View Post
    Mancera Rose Greedy(79.99), to which I passed on.
    Good price on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Which Clive Christian was it?

I'm not quite sure. Saw the price and just kept it moving. lol
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Found La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense Yves Saint Laurent 100ml. $59 batchcode 38RD00N (2018.) TJMAX Lincoln Park Chicago. -only one available

Nothing of interest at my local stores today.

Saw Armani Code Colonia but at sixty bucks, too much for me. But I did leave with a bottle of John Varvatos Artisan Blue and Aramis on clearance for $12.

Nothing of interest in my area as well. Lots of stuff, just nothing I'd consider buying.
    Marshalls had Polo Ultra Blue EDT 125 ml for $50, Polo Red Rush 40 ml for $30 and Azzaro Chrome Pure 30 ml for $20, Hermes Eau Des Merveilles for $80 (it was in a big fancy box with antitheft devices all over it, so I couldn't figure out the bottle size, but judging by the weight it was the smallest available). Later same day I saw Chrome Pure 50 ml bottle at Walmart for $33, so basically same retail price per ounce/ml. Meh.

Saw the Armani Code Colonia for $60 too, passed as well. Just no good deals and no interesting fragrances. Maybe I'll have to stop by Zara or something.

Quote Originally Posted by maksidrom View Post
    Nothing of interest in my area as well. Lots of stuff, just nothing I'd consider buying.
    Marshalls had Polo Ultra Blue EDT 125 ml for $50, Polo Red Rush 40 ml for $30 and Azzaro Chrome Pure 30 ml for $20, Hermes Eau Des Merveilles for $80 (it was in a big fancy box with antitheft devices all over it, so I couldn't figure out the bottle size, but judging by the weight it was the smallest available). Later same day I saw Chrome Pure 50 ml bottle at Walmart for $33, so basically same retail price per ounce/ml. Meh.

Saw the Armani Code Colonia for $60 too, passed as well. Just no good deals and no interesting fragrances. Maybe I'll have to stop by Zara or something.
    I agree, but it sure is a lot better than the peak pandemic selection, those were dark days. Nice to have choices even, if they’re meh. But you made good calls.

Stopped by a Marshalls in a different part of town after an appointment and it was just as lacking as the rest. I picked up some trinkets and was standing in the line when I noticed a whole shelf of YSL fragrances in the checkout section - 100 ml bottles were $60 and 60 ml bottles were $50. I guess YSL L'Homme Sport is discontinued too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bloomingdales Outlet had AdP Colonia Club 50ml for $99. Retail is $125 currently.

100 ml bottles were $60
    Good price for that size!

Stopped by a Marshalls in a different part of town after an appointment and it was just as lacking as the rest. I picked up some trinkets and was standing in the line when I noticed a whole shelf of YSL fragrances in the checkout section - 100 ml bottles were $60 and 60 ml bottles were $50. I guess YSL L'Homme Sport is discontinued too.
    I've done a good job of resisting temptation recently, but if I saw those YSL's I would be sorely tempted. The truth is, I just have so many great scents already.

Just picked up Guess 1981 Indigo 1oz for $7.99 at Marshall's.
    Currently wearing: Elements by Hugo Boss

Forgot to mention, I ran across Memo Marfa last week at Marshalls. It didn't have a price tag, so asked an associate. They priced it at $39.99, but I ended up passing on it as it leans more feminine according to some reviews I looked at. That's the first time I've seen a Memo though.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Zadig & Voltaire This is Him!
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Forgot to mention, I ran across Memo Marfa last week at Marshalls. It didn't have a price tag, so asked an associate. They priced it at $39.99
    Wow! What a price on that!

FB_IMG_1620244885741.jpgFB_IMG_1620244871753.jpg

More YSL L'homme. 50ml $49.99 and 100ml for $59.99 @ Marshalls. I didnt grab it because the reviews werent that good for the sport version.
    Last edited by Rt87; 5th May 2021 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rt87 View Post

More YSL L'homme. 50ml $49.99 and 100ml for $59.99 @ Marshalls. I didnt grab it because the reviews werent that goid for the sport version.
    I actually got a YSL L’Homme Sport 200 ml for $60 at Nordstrom Rack a few years ago - wouldn’t buy again though. Unless you’re looking for an office-safe generic citrus freshie, it’s not worth it. It’s been a while since I had it but I basically remember it smelling like windex. And that was before I took fragrances seriously, so I had much lower standards haha.
    “I have often observed that [scents] cause an alteration in me and work upon my spirits according to their several virtues; which makes me approve of what is said, that the use of incense and perfumes in churches, so ancient and so universally received in all nations and religions, was intended to cheer us, and to rouse and purify the senses, the better to fit us for contemplation” - Montaigne
    Currently wearing: Greyland by Montale

These stores must only receive certain stock at certain locations and not others. Lol, obviously. Either that or I'm just impatient on trying to spot these YSLs.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast