Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Re: Which Fragrance Are You Currently Waiting To Be Delivered In The Mail? (2021)

Quote Originally Posted by ionone View Post
    60 samples bought on reddit:

$120 shipped to france, good price
    Indeed, great price, and a lot of good stuff (or stuff I'd love to try). Enjoy!
    Currently wearing: Higher by Christian Dior

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Which Fragrance Are You Currently Waiting To Be Delivered In The Mail? (2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    Indeed, great price, and a lot of good stuff (or stuff I'd love to try). Enjoy!
    it's only 0.7ml (from LuckyScent) though
    but that's ok, that's usually the quantity I buy before buying decants/FB

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Black Influence by Sus-Skind
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution The Colognnoisseur's Avatar

NEROLI SAUVAGE
    THE COLOGNNOISSEUR
    OMAHA, NE
    USA

Sable Nuit by Armani Prive
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by ionone View Post
    it's only 0.7ml (from LuckyScent) though
    but that's ok, that's usually the quantity I buy before buying decants/FB

Personally, I don't need to do 5-10 full wearing to make a decision or a review, as most of the times, I have a quite accurate idea of the scent right away and my perception doesn't change later.

What people state as "the fragrance grows on the skin" are -possibly- differences of perception based on olfactive memory (that we often underestimate), but I have never experienced that personally. The only differences I feel are with new bottles: a juice seems to have more projection after 1-2 weeks, but again, it is just the nose getting used to it and more receptive to the aromatic molecules. The juice doesnt change (except in the very long run, with oxydation, top notes fading... but that's a very slow process).

In a nutshell: 0.7ml will give you a wrist try + a full wearing. More than enough to have a decent feel and make a decision. Enjoy!

Honore Delights

Jousset Parfums - Oud Submariner

198 by Majouri

Amber cologne and Triad attar .

Some more Ralph Lauren Polo 4oz back up bottles.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Basenotes Plus

Waiting on Atelier Des Ors Rouge Sarây, would love some insight into it!

Quote Originally Posted by CTrello View Post
    Waiting on Atelier Des Ors Rouge Sarây, would love some insight into it!
    I happen to own it. It's a wonderful oriental, somewhat sweet at the opening and spicy with a prominent cinnamon note. The dry down is a vanilla influenced woody base. I found the performance on my skin to be excellent. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Basenotes Plus

That sounds amazing tbh. I love that scent profile. Anything specific that it reminds you of? I have an affinity for Naxos, Ivory Route, Layton I was a bit worried about it since its a blind buy.

Nice one ionone!
    I think 2021 is going to be about sampling me thinks.

Have zero expectations, these are on the way
    Commodity sampler set
    Molton Brown sampler set
    Also small decant of Lancome Figues & Agrumes
    Currently wearing: Worth pour Homme by Worth

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    Good stuff this, made me reconsider Bel Ami.
    Current is good, this one is "kapoooof!" good

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I happen to own it. It's a wonderful oriental, somewhat sweet at the opening and spicy with a prominent cinnamon note. The dry down is a vanilla influenced woody base. I found the performance on my skin to be excellent. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
    '

That sounds amazing tbh. I love that scent profile. Anything specific that it reminds you of? I have an affinity for Naxos, Ivory Route, Layton I was a bit worried about it since its a blind buy.

Ditpyque - L'Eau Trois

Gold Noir by Majouri

Chanel No. 18
    FREE AS THE WIND!

Le Lion de Chanel
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Roja Parfums H The Exclusive Aoud
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Molinard Patchouli
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

YSL Kouros, finally adding a bottle to the wardrobe the price was unbelievably low and for a 100ml I sprung on it hopefully this one becomes a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    Ditpyque - L'Eau Trois
    This looks great!
    I didn't knew about it.

You said:
    Very linear, but still, imo the best myrrh-centered fragrance around. Myrrh keeps its bitterness/burnt feeling, unlike others where it is rounded by vanilla (ie. Armani Myrrhe Imperiale).
    Is it the myrrh musty, earthy and mushroomy?

Currently wearing: Jaďpur Homme by Boucheron

Extreme Wood by Sus-Kind

Dependent

Currently wearing: Sartorial by Penhaligon's

Jacques Bogart Bogart Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel76 View Post
    This looks great!
    I didn't knew about it.

You said:

Is it the myrrh musty, earthy and mushroomy?

It's their third fragrance, and until recently, a Paris stores exclusive. Now it's available online on Diptyque website (US also), and luckily enough, an online discounter carried it. Also recently appeared on ebay (and disappeared as fast as it appeared).

I'd say earthy, but let me get back to you when I'll receive it, as it's about 2 years I tried it. Will also update my review, as to be honest, it was based on a single skin wear - but it was a "wow" for me.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    YSL Kouros, finally adding a bottle to the wardrobe the price was unbelievably low and for a 100ml I sprung on it hopefully this one becomes a keeper.
    Haha i did the zact' same thing! Still commands a fair price at retail. Glad I waited for a steal.

And +1 on the Bogart. Solid!

Currently awaiting an iteration of Worth PH I dont yet have me nose on, A/S, red and blue paisley box.

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    Chanel No. 18
    You can feel its smell?
    Hahaha, I wish I could.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cartier by Cartier

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    Congrats on this one the bottle looks excellent, black always is a nice presentation for a fragrance bottle look forward to your feedback on this one!
    The finishing piece to my day’s attire is always a solid fragrance.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast