Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Default Re: Which Fragrance Are You Currently Waiting To Be Delivered In The Mail? (2021)

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Which Fragrance Are You Currently Waiting To Be Delivered In The Mail? (2021)

White Rose by Majouri
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Versace - Versus

Sort of blind buy.
    The last time I smelled it was almost 30 years ago, in my teens.
    I remember liking it.

versace-versus-1.jpg

versace-versus-2.jpg
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Dependent

jean-paul-gaultier-le-male-le-parfum.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Congrats on this one the bottle looks excellent, black always is a nice presentation for a fragrance bottle look forward to your feedback on this one!
    Currently wearing: Ombré Leather by Tom Ford

Costa Azzurra Acqua

Basenotes Plus

GIT baby. Let the good times roll...
    "Do not believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Micallef - Royal Vintage
    Currently wearing: Mortel by Cire Trudon

Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Can't go wrong with this classic.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    You can feel its smell?
    Hahaha, I wish I could.
    Dunno, it's a blind buy and I'm still waiting!
    FREE AS THE WIND!

The latest Evody
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Can't go wrong with this classic.
    Agreed. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel76 View Post
    This looks great!
    I didn't knew about it.

You said:

Is it the myrrh musty, earthy and mushroomy?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    It's their third fragrance, and until recently, a Paris stores exclusive. Now it's available online on Diptyque website (US also), and luckily enough, an online discounter carried it. Also recently appeared on ebay (and disappeared as fast as it appeared).

I'd say earthy, but let me get back to you when I'll receive it, as it's about 2 years I tried it. Will also update my review, as to be honest, it was based on a single skin wear - but it was a "wow" for me.
    Just a quick update: yes it's the musty, earthy and mushroomy kind of myrrh, playing with a resinoid dry olibanum and some spices and labdanum also. Absolutely. I confirm: it's stunning. Writing a review now.
    The ultimate incense fragrance? Quite possibly.

Sillage Monster

Just a quick update: yes it's the musty, earthy and mushroomy kind of myrrh, playing with a resinoid dry olibanum and some spices and labdanum also. Absolutely. I confirm: it's stunning. Writing a review now.
    Interesting! L'Eau Trois is the Diptyque I know the least about and you have explained why. I'd like to have their first three: L'Eau, L'Autre, and L'Eau Trois. I wish they'd release them in a boxed set of 30 ml bottles.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Versace - Versus

Sort of blind buy.
    The last time I smelled it was almost 30 years ago, in my teens.
    I remember liking it.
    That definitely qualifies as a blind buy!

Dependent

I have 15ml decant of original formula, 10E02 Aventus on its way that I'm really looking forward to
    ..also a 5ml decant of Songe D'Un Bois D'Ete from a very generous Basenoter

... and just for good measure, I ordered (another) back up bottle of my most worn last year;
    OpiumParfum.jpg
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Goldfield & Banks Wood Infusion

Hikayat - Gunung Ledang

Tom Ford Plum Japonais

Le Royal by Alexandre. J

I was ready to buy it from their official website.
    But I stopped after reading this:

Quote Originally Posted by Darvant
    I'm in love for Diptyque L'Eau Trois since this naif fragrance plays a powerful evocative effect on me, conjuring me actually (at least for a part of its run) the unique (medicinal-laundry-soapy) aroma you can catch in the Hotel's wiped rooms and along the lobbies (so many feelings and flashbacks about the holidays with family back in my childhood).
    The myrrh is a little bit medicinal, indeed. But I wouldn't say it's soapy-laundry. So it's probably from the detergent-musk.
    I'm not sure if I'm very sensitive to this kind of musk, or I just don't like it. But the fact is it spoils every perfume in which I detect it.

Anyway, I'll definitely test it when I get the chance.
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

I was ready to buy it from their official website.
    But I stopped after reading this:

The myrrh is a little bit medicinal, indeed. But I wouldn't say it's soapy-laundry. So it's probably from the detergent-musk.
    I'm not sure if I'm very sensitive to this kind of musk, or I just don't like it. But the fact is it spoils every perfume in which I detect it.

Anyway, I'll definitely test it when I get the chance.
    A bit medicinal yes, but I don’t get any musky/soapiness in that one, personally.
    That said, in order to appreciate L’Eau Trois, loving aromatics (rosemary/oregano) and spices (caraway, blackpepper) is a requirement.
    As I stated in my review, I struggle with Interlude’s oregano and Ambre Sultan’s bay leaf, but surprisingly not with L’Eau Trois’s rosemary/oregano, nor with Bois Mysterieux’s bay leaf...
    I place this one in between Goutal Ambre Fetiche and Encens Flamboyant, with added spices and a blast of aromatics in the top.

But I would agree that this is not blind buy safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    Interesting! L'Eau Trois is the Diptyque I know the least about and you have explained why. I'd like to have their first three: L'Eau, L'Autre, and L'Eau Trois. I wish they'd release them in a boxed set of 30 ml bottles.
    Me too I’d love to try the other 2! L’Eau also used to be an exclusive, and now available globally. I hope this 3 will be distributed in retail, so they are available for sampling later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    Dunno, it's a blind buy and I'm still waiting!
    Hope you’re not anosmic to it like me. It gets me angry.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I have 15ml decant of original formula, 10E02 Aventus on its way that I'm really looking forward to
    ..also a 5ml decant of Songe D'Un Bois D'Ete from a very generous Basenoter

... and just for good measure, I ordered (another) back up bottle of my most worn last year;
    OpiumParfum.jpg
    Is the EDP still being produced?
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Givenchy Gentleman EDT Originale back up bottle.

Bogue - Il Dieci

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Is the EDP still being produced?
    Not for a long time, no. Thats why I keep backing it up. I already own three of those blue plastic bottles, but when a 90% full, well kept bottle turns up for $80, well... I can't pass it up. This one is just too good
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Reminiscence Patchouli

Jour 5 by Majouri

Issey Miyake Pulse of the Night

Pulse of the Night Issey Miyake pic.jpg

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast