Code of Conduct
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Fragrances that "WOW" you recently in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by ImaFedec View Post
    Never heard of it and do not seem to find on fragrantica. Do you have any link to check this out ?
    it's on Etsy

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Montaigne by S de B is the latest to excite me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Relatively wowed by Montale Vetiver Patchouli recently. The name doesn't really match what it smells like, to me.
    I've been curious about this one for a while. May have to order a sample finally.

Current Favorites:
    Guerlain Vetiver, Missoni Parfum Pour Homme, Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense, Lalique Pour Homme EDP, Cartier Declaration

Basenotes Plus

Boreal by Pineward Perfumes.

Quote Originally Posted by TRBeck View Post
    I've been curious about this one for a while. May have to order a sample finally.
    Yes, I would recommend trying it. I was pretty surprised by it. I was wanting a sample of Montale Patchouli Leaves and was about to order it. Then I also saw Montale's Vetiver Patchouli and decided to get that one, too. The Vetiver Patchouli is the one I wound up feeling was the most wearable, for me. Patchouli Leaves is well done, but is just too much. It's one of those that I'm not sure where I would wear it. But the Vetiver Patchouli is not your typical strong, bold, over-the-top Montale. It's VERY reserved for a Montale fragrance and I hadn't read much about it here.

As soon as I sprayed it on I immediately loved the smell. It is not one of those "challenging" Montales at all. This is a Montale that you would be hard pressed to spray too much. I was even a little unhappy with its projection, but it smells so darn good that I'll learn to live with it and just give myself a good spraying when I do wear it. Later, I found that it's one of those that actually does project more than it seems like. When I went into my closest the next day, I wondered what the nice smell was, and realized it was coming from the shirt I was wearing when I sampled the Vetiver Patchouli. Its magic doesn't hit you over the head, it's very subtle. Oddly, I don't know where they came up with the name. It doesn't really smell like vetiver or patchouli to me. Go on Fragrantica to read reviews. They have many more than Basenotes does.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Basenotes Plus

Steading by Pineward Perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    Boreal by Pineward Perfumes.
    I'm a fan of this one.

Basenotes Plus

Roja Parfums Vetiver Extrait
    Current Spring Favorites:
    Roja Parfums Elysium Parfum-Cologne
    Roja Parfums Danger Parfum Pour Homme
    Roja Parfums Diaghilev
    Roja Parfums Oligarch
    Amouage Reflection Man
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Viking
    Byredo Bal d'Afrique
    MFK Aqua Universalis Forte
    MFK Aqua Vita Forte
    Dior Sauvage
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Most of the Pineward fragrances I have tried today, but in particular, Apple Tabac, Murkwood, and Treacles.

Chypre-Siam by Rogue Perfumery - Sampling this right now. It is spectacular in every way. Truly a return to yesteryear. It is so, so good. Hard to get anything done when you can't stop smelling the back of your hand.

This reminds me of something I've smelled, but can't figure out what, exactly.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Basenotes Plus

Chypre-Siam by Rogue Perfumery - Sampling this right now. It is spectacular in every way. Truly a return to yesteryear. It is so, so good. Hard to get anything done when you can't stop smelling the back of your hand.

I tried this one just the other day and I know it gets a lot of love here but it just didn't do it for me.

Glad this one worked out. It's quite addicting one you get to the drydown.

I tried this one just the other day and I know it gets a lot of love here but it just didn't do it for me.
    What in it didn't you like of it?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    What in it didn't you like of it?
    It may have been the florals and civet that didn't sit well with me.

Got to sniff CC Rock Rose and Russian Coriander. Very nice!
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Fragrance du Bois Sahraa Oud
    4. Mugler Over the Musk
    5. Carner Fig Man
    Currently wearing: Indolis by Areej le Doré

It may have been the florals and civet that didn't sit well with me.
    Interesting. I've never noticed any trace of civet of animalic accord for that matter. My initial guess was that it was a little bit dated for you.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Le Sully is my latest to fit this mold.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Yes, I would recommend trying it. I was pretty surprised by it. I was wanting a sample of Montale Patchouli Leaves and was about to order it. Then I also saw Montale's Vetiver Patchouli and decided to get that one, too. The Vetiver Patchouli is the one I wound up feeling was the most wearable, for me. Patchouli Leaves is well done, but is just too much. It's one of those that I'm not sure where I would wear it. But the Vetiver Patchouli is not your typical strong, bold, over-the-top Montale. It's VERY reserved for a Montale fragrance and I hadn't read much about it here.

As soon as I sprayed it on I immediately loved the smell. It is not one of those "challenging" Montales at all. This is a Montale that you would be hard pressed to spray too much. I was even a little unhappy with its projection, but it smells so darn good that I'll learn to live with it and just give myself a good spraying when I do wear it. Later, I found that it's one of those that actually does project more than it seems like. When I went into my closest the next day, I wondered what the nice smell was, and realized it was coming from the shirt I was wearing when I sampled the Vetiver Patchouli. Its magic doesn't hit you over the head, it's very subtle. Oddly, I don't know where they came up with the name. It doesn't really smell like vetiver or patchouli to me. Go on Fragrantica to read reviews. They have many more than Basenotes does.
    Thanks for the detailed comments. Sample ordered. This sounds like it could be right up my alley.

Current Favorites:
    Guerlain Vetiver, Missoni Parfum Pour Homme, Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense, Lalique Pour Homme EDP, Cartier Declaration

Basenotes Junkie

Maison Laugier - Bal de Minuit
    sublime

Le Lion last night was a wow. Better than the last time I wore it.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Fragrance du Bois Sahraa Oud
    4. Mugler Over the Musk
    5. Carner Fig Man
    Currently wearing: Indolis by Areej le Doré

Phaedon Plueil de Soleil. A glorious strawberry scent.

Basenotes Plus

Aventus Cologne is a big wow.

Quote Originally Posted by TRBeck View Post
    Thanks for the detailed comments. Sample ordered. This sounds like it could be right up my alley.
    I hope you like it, TR. I bought it mainly after sampling the factory sample. I received the bottle I bought yesterday and found that it doesn't smell EXACTLY like the sample. It's close, but the sample is a bit more peppery, which I love. I only have 5 Montale fragrances and haven't really heard much about inconsistencies or "batch" differences from year to year. Vetiver Patchouli isn't that old of a fragrance so I assume it hasn't been reformulated since its release in 2019. But my bottle definitely smells a little different than my factory sample.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 28th June 2021 at 04:21 AM.

Mula Mula Rouge Extreme - exceptional.

It is brilliant

Basenotes Plus

Mancera Cedrat Boise.

Mancera Cedrat Boise.
    Great summer frag.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Basenotes Plus

Verano Porteño by Frassai.

I like this too. Maybe more than original Aventus - definitely during summer weather.
    june 2021: • strangers yuzu soda • bigarade concentree • afternoon swim • epice marine • hermessence brin d' reglisse • iridescent sky • burberry indigo • frapin orchid man • eau radieuse humecki & graef • geranium pour monsieur • l'eau mixte nicolai • l. vuitton orage • molecule 01+patchouli • vilhelm morning chess • initio rehab • m/mink

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    I like this too. Maybe more than original Aventus - definitely during summer weather.
    I didn't care for Aventus, but I really enjoyed Aventus Cologne! It's like a lighter, fresher, and simply more enjoyable version of Aventus without lacking performance. I have a bottle coming now, and will definitely enjoy this one a lot during the summer.

I didn't care for Aventus, but I really enjoyed Aventus Cologne! It's like a lighter, fresher, and simply more enjoyable version of Aventus without lacking performance. I have a bottle coming now, and will definitely enjoy this one a lot during the summer.
    This has been a compliment magnet for me this week. My wife and a couple of others including at a medical appointment.

I prefer it to the original by far and performance is very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast