Code of Conduct
Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1863
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time - 2021

La Reponse Certe - Loved it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time - 2021

Light Blue Forever, which does indeed have a very nice opening -- just wish it didn't go so sweet and synthy in the drydown. Think I would stick with Hermes for a citrus fix.

Gucci - Hortus Sanitatis

Damnit, it's good. I was hoping I wouldn't like it given the high price but for me this might be the one wood to rule them all. Woody, earthy, smokey, dry. In the vein of some of my favorite woody fragrances like French Lover, Wonderwood or Le Labo Gaiac 10, but distinct and more interesting than most in the genre.

Performance is quiet but long lasting, feels more like a fall/spring/winter fragrance but worked pretty well in the muggy heat today. I think I'm going to have to buy this.
    "Artists talk a lot about freedom. So, recalling the expression "free as a bird," Morton Feldman went to a park one day and spent some time watching our feathered friends. When he came back, he said, "You know? They're not free: they're fighting over bits of food."

Quote Originally Posted by cheapimitation View Post
    Gucci - Hortus Sanitatis

Damnit, it's good. I was hoping I wouldn't like it given the high price but for me this might be the one wood to rule them all. Woody, earthy, smokey, dry. In the vein of some of my favorite woody fragrances like French Lover, Wonderwood or Le Labo Gaiac 10, but distinct and more interesting than most in the genre.

Performance is quiet but long lasting, feels more like a fall/spring/winter fragrance but worked pretty well in the muggy heat today. I think I'm going to have to buy this.
    Really want to try this one. And your praise isn't helping my itchy trigger finger. lol
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Louis Vuitton On the Beach
    3. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    4. Fragrance du Bois Sahraa Oud
    5. Mugler Over the Musk

Black edt - Comme des Garcons:

Love it, but need to try on skin (already had fragrance on). To me, it smells like a mixt of the austere Mortel's incense approach by Trudon, the dryness of a fragrance like l'air du desert and yet it has something to it that is almost playful (the licorice?) which makes it more wearable than its note breakdown.
    Curious to see how it performs on my skin, will try this week-end when it get a little bit colder.

Zaad Santal - didn't care for it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Fiori di Capri by Carthusia and Lys Mediterranée: Unfortunately, was not impressed by either. Mostly (white) florals without a twist

CH Bad Boy Le Parfum
    Standard mass market ambery sweetness injected with a rather pungent cannabis note, which is probably the only standout thing about this fragrance.
    Not a fan, but I am sure lots of folks will find it appealing.

Lawrence by Carine Roitfeld - didn't care for it.

Air des Alpes Suisse - Tauer: Not bad at all. It is quite potent, very aromatic but there is a interesting sweetness lingering. I actually prefer it over Reflection Man with which it gets compared quite a bit on fragrantica as it is qutie a bit less powedery.

I am not really amazed by it though. It has something a bit... Designerish? I am not saying that to criticize designers. Not at all, I am more talking about the scent profile it shares? I would have liked a bit more freshness, something to revigorate oneself (geranium? mint). You know, that moment you get out of the car or train or bus at the bottom or top of a mountain and just take a deep breath while meditating with help from the pine/fir and juice it up with the thyme notes and more lavender.

Please do not take it as "how to make the fragrance better"! It is more of a "what I think I hoped" while purchasing a sample from it linked to my very personnal interpretation of the Alps

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ImaFedec View Post
    Air des Alpes Suisse - Tauer: Not bad at all. It is quite potent, very aromatic but there is a interesting sweetness lingering. I actually prefer it over Reflection Man with which it gets compared quite a bit on fragrantica as it is qutie a bit less powedery.

I am not really amazed by it though. It has something a bit... Designerish? I am not saying that to criticize designers. Not at all, I am more talking about the scent profile it shares? I would have liked a bit more freshness, something to revigorate oneself (geranium? mint). You know, that moment you get out of the car or train or bus at the bottom or top of a mountain and just take a deep breath while meditating with help from the pine/fir and juice it up with the thyme notes and more lavender.
    I share the same thoughts about this one.

Pera e Geranio - didn't care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaFedec View Post

Please do not take it as "how to make the fragrance better"! It is more of a "what I think I hoped" while purchasing a sample from it linked to my very personnal interpretation of the Alps
    I liked the opening and first 20 mins. I thought there was one note or accord that outlasted all the others and I didn't care for it. It's something I notice about a lot of niche offerings. I do love the idea, and I think it can be improved.

Basenotes Plus

Louis Vuitton Cactus Garden - Bright and fresh, like a tropical garden. Has a subtle aura which I love. Great scent for the summer!

Sylvaine Delacourte - Virgile: A good one. I have a soft spot for aromatic vanillas. It is nicely done, not too sweet, not spicy but also not gourmand. It is up there in terms of vanillas similarly with D600 by Carner. It is nothing extraordinary, just a pleasant, nicely blended vanilla centered fragrance good for everyday, every season every occasion.
    My partner loves it (as she loved d600 but complained about the performance). This seems to perform bit better, might buy a 35ml for her (and a bit for me )

Basenotes Plus

Chanel Cuir de Russie - Rich, musky leather similar to a lot of other classic style feminine scents I've tried. Smells like ALD's Cuir de Russie but the birch tar in the Chanel is more flat. Nice fragrance overall but not my style.

Mon Coeur Est Sangre - Loved it.

(last samples for a while)

Flaneur - 2787: At the very first seconds, I really liked it. It smelled like a different aromatic with a burst of bergamot. This fades super quickly to give place to a buttery/almondy yellow floral fragrance. Could be nice as candle, not my fragrance style

Fico d'India - Ortigia Sicilia: Soapy (from the orange blossom?) green fig. It is ok. Far from my faves figs (Dune, Philosykos and Fico di Amalfi)

Itasca - lubin: Got confused for a second. The vetiver is quite prominent. Then a looked at my sample and they wrote "Le vetiver - Itasca". I know Lubin also makes a fragrance called "le Vetiver" so maybe they mixed them up? It is almost tobaccoey. It is somewhat intriguing, will try extensively this week end (announced rain could be interesting)

Idyllwild - Ineke: Really like this one. The rhubarb is very prominent but not as agressive as in Hermes Eau Rouge (which I do like). The other notes also seems to compliment each other but are not as distinguishable to me. It is a well made, happy aromatic fragrance. I would strongly consider a bottle, if it perfomed bit better. After 2 hours of applying, it became a skin scent... Will see. But I recommend at least to sample it!

Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir - Finally got around to trying this one. Soft rose scent. Kind of surprised how simple and faint it is, considering the others in the line. Pleasant though, and reminiscent of the Diptyque rose scents. Some have compared it to YSL l'Homme Ultime, but it's much softer and rose-forward than Ultime.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Brian5701 View Post
    Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir - Finally got around to trying this one. Soft rose scent. Kind of surprised how simple and faint it is, considering the others in the line. Pleasant though, and reminiscent of the Diptyque rose scents. Some have compared it to YSL l'Homme Ultime, but it's much softer and rose-forward than Ultime.
    One of the few rose scents that I actually don't mind.

Smell Good, Feel Good

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News, Plan B
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you’re gonna see some serious s***." ~ Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread
    Currently wearing: Geir by Geir Ness

Pimenta Rosa e Cedro - didn't care for it.

Basenotes Plus

Caron - Pour Un Homme Sport

Oooh, it's quite different than the original. It's like an orangesicle version of the original, and smelling up close has more of a tart/bitter fruit smell.

**Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Quote Originally Posted by JakeStiebs View Post
    Ha! First time smell today too.
    A very decent Santal 33/Commodity Book clone.

Smell Good, Feel Good

Quote Originally Posted by maksidrom View Post
    Ha! First time smell today too.
    A very decent Santal 33/Commodity Book clone.
    What did you think?!
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News, Plan B
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you’re gonna see some serious s***." ~ Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JakeStiebs View Post
    What did you think?!
    It performed better than Commodity Book and the scent was a close match, I compared them on my skin side by side, didn't descend into a cheap nondescript drydown - I liked it. Much to my surprise, because I didn't really care for any Cremo fragrances before. Picked up a 100 ml bottle at Target.

Smell Good, Feel Good

Quote Originally Posted by maksidrom View Post
    It performed better than Commodity Book and the scent was a close match, I compared them on my skin side by side, didn't descend into a cheap nondescript drydown - I liked it. Much to my surprise, because I didn't really care for any Cremo fragrances before. Picked up a 100 ml bottle at Target.
    Exactly where I found mine! Commodity Book does sound like a nice one, though.

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread

Euphorium Brooklyn - Wald - I like it
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Almond Oud by Memo - Loved it.

Balenciaga Ho Hang Club - very opulent and perfume-y opening, don't know what to think. The drydown is very nice though.
    Spray less, love more.

Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast