Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Default Re: Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time - 2021

A rarely talked about brand, but Aedes de Venustas shop in NYC used to carry them, I haven't tried the one you did but I did try their "Shiso" and it was very nice! It spot on managed to capture the particular way Shiso leaves taste, somewhere between mint and basil, a great atypical summer fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Nomenclature - Holy_Wood

A light, but busy formula. Rose, something minty(?), and a patchouli-like smell. Edit: Later on it smells of typical patchouli, maybe a tad lighter, but it does have the 'dirtiness' of patchouli. They used 'Clearwood' in this.

"The very first fragrance ingredient designed through White Biotechnology, Clearwood® is the 21st century’s answer to patchouli. Developed in California for Firmenich, this sustainable, eco-friendly material is derived from the fermentation of sugar cane. Blurring the boundary between the natural and the man-made, the pioneering Clearwood® ushers in a new age for perfumery."

Makes me think of something that A Lab on Fire would make, or has made something similar to.

So yeah.. a woody rose. Not bad, a bit interesting.

For the record, this does NOT remind me of Portrait of a Lady.
    Then again, this BtV Intricate has been blasting my nose, lol. I even tried washing it off a lot, but it still prevails (but not as noticeable anymore).

Edit: Something I don't

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time - 2021

Indult Tihota

First full wearing, smells great. A very smooth and airy Vanilla. I get a slightly tanned color from the scent, similar to the liquid in the bottle. The color on the bottle or liquid is usually pretty accurate for me to the point that it makes me question if companies are just that good or if the marketing plays a big role.

Overall, it kinda smells like a waffle cone with the texture of a soft cloud or a pillow with a high thread count. Super smooth and gentle, easy on the nose.

I didn't apply enough to really analyze projection or longevity, but the scent itself is great, I like everything about it

Basenotes Junkie

375x500.63549.jpg

D.L.Roelen - Crystal Haze
    very beautiful, soft but still powerful floral
    quite excellent

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

MisFit - didn't care for it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie

Mancera Amber Fever:
    First full wearing
    To me it smells like an airier Sensual Instinct, not really my thing but it's kinda smooth

Mancera Soleil d'Italie:
    First full wearing
    Reminds me of Bergamote 22 & Dior Homme Cologne, but not as sour as those and more astringent/dry. The dry down smells more pleasant than opening for me, I wasn't much of a fan at first but I keep getting those "that smells really nice" whiffs out of nowhere. Might be a nice summer scent

Quote Originally Posted by d r e View Post
    Indult Tihota

First full wearing, smells great. A very smooth and airy Vanilla. I get a slightly tanned color from the scent, similar to the liquid in the bottle. The color on the bottle or liquid is usually pretty accurate for me to the point that it makes me question if companies are just that good or if the marketing plays a big role.

Overall, it kinda smells like a waffle cone with the texture of a soft cloud or a pillow with a high thread count. Super smooth and gentle, easy on the nose.

I didn't apply enough to really analyze projection or longevity, but the scent itself is great, I like everything about it
    It's straight up vanilla, one of the finest in the genre. It's a very addicting and comforting scent. Glad to own this in my collection.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

This Is Me - Liked it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Bogner Deep Forest - Hmm....I don't understand all the positive comments on this one at all.....
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Francesco Smalto Pour Homme, this one was just ok not as good as the vintage.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Sweet Ambrette - Loved it.

50755_f.jpg

Arabian Oud Kashmir.

My bottle just arrived. First of all, this box/bottle is HEAVY. The shipping weight was over 2lbs. It comes with a matching bag complete with felt and metal badge. The box and bottle are first-class, but ultimately it's inside what counts. The scent is wonderful! A melange of Japanese Yuzu (which I get briefly at the start), followed by plum and black currant keeps this smelling warm and fruity as the oud, rose and jasmine intermingle in the heart notes. The base include vanilla, Kashmir woods and white musk.

There's a sweetness to it, but it's not sickly or syrupy at all; more like a warm blanket that surrounds you. Where I sprayed under my shirt, it's staying bright with the Yuzu and citrus notes. I'm not sure how well this projects - at first I was a bit disappointed as I wasn't smelling a lot, but then it starts to warm on the body and radiate a bit more and the silage is present as I can smell it as I move about.

This is really, really nice stuff and versatile enough to wear on summer nights, but warm and heavy enough for winters, too. Redolessence put this on his top 10 oud list and I can see why. He compared it to Gucci Guilty Oud, saying it's somewhat of a niche version of that scent which I've never smelled so I can't make any comparisons myself. These last two Arabian Oud scents I've purchased from Intense Oud (first rate customer service, too!) have been way, way up there in terms of quality and bang for the buck (this retails for $179.99, I believe.)
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Well second and fuller sampling of Endymion.
    This isn't me. Cloying and a bit sickly. Dunno, kinda grated on me. Scrubbed.
    Currently wearing: Équipage by Hermès

Le Lion de Chanel. A blast of citrus in the opening, which then gets into what I call a nutty amber surrounded by lots of incense. It's only been about a half hour, so we'll see how it dries down.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Roja Parfums H The Exclusive Aoud
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Molinard Patchouli
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

Dune Pour Homme - Green herbal blend with florals with some woods at the base. A strange scent

Basenotes Plus

Gucci Envy. Damn... this may be my grail scent.
    "Do not believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
    Currently wearing: Lonestar Memories by Tauer

Honore Delights - Loved it.

Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute.
    Feels like itd be a good layerer. Got that little bit of synthetic sheer bubbly aura around it, that it would lift other frags when layered.
    Rich and woody(idea anyway, missing a little oomph oomph in the bass end), earthy, sprakly citrus. Quite nice!

Basenotes Plus

Xerjoff - Golden Dallah

YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense + the 'oud' aspect of Pegasus Exclusif & Layton Exclusif. Whatever PdM uses for that, plus YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense.

It works, but I'm not a big fan of that base/'oud' aspect. It just.. doesn't smell like oud to me. I don't know what it is.

Can't say I get coffee either.

**Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Tried Diptyque Eau Capitale and Tempo today. I felt the way I often feel with Diptyque, which is that they are nice but they don't excite me.

Both dry down to patchouli with Tempo being the stronger more scratchy kind while Eau Capitale had a nice fresh rosy opening and a softer dry down.

After having tested several Diptyque, I always just think "meh". Nicely done but kinda middle of the road fragrances for me, haven't found a single one that made me think I need to have it or want to smell it again and I've tried: Tam Dao, Philosykos, Eau Duelle, Eau de Minthe, L'ombre dans l'eau and a few others. I suppose this "nice" quality is what some people like about them. Just nice in my eyes might be "just right" to another.

I'll have to try Oud Palao sometime which seems to have a stronger character.

All Is Beautiful

Le Petite Prairie by Chatillon Lux. Very interesting rhubarb note. Didn’t last that long but as all from this house very very high quality.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Xerjoff - Golden Dallah

YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense + the 'oud' aspect of Pegasus Exclusif & Layton Exclusif. Whatever PdM uses for that, plus YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense.

It works, but I'm not a big fan of that base/'oud' aspect. It just.. doesn't smell like oud to me. I don't know what it is.

I got something more akin to Bond No 9 New York Oud (and no coffee, either.)
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Guaria Morada - Loved it

Bushukan Molton Brown: ooh very very nice full juicy citrus thing this! Got a bit if the MB 'shimmery' note in this and it really lifts it.
    Russian Leather Molton Brown: again interesting stuff! Smells good, vibrant leather with a smouldering smoky thang going on. Quietens down fairly quickly, yet does stick around.

The Russian leather and Tobacco Absolute from the same sampler set had mixed on the jumper, and smelt pretty good too as a combo.

Impressed so far with the MB sampler box

Basenotes Plus

Xerjoff - Cruz del Sur II

Blind bought, first skin wearing/test.

The fruitiness aspect *pops* more when smelled up close. The more milky, shampoo-y, feminine vibe from further away - so far.
    This reminds me of those Mexican mango lollipops or the chewy ones that have chili powder on them - but more creamy, haha.

If it was just the mango lollipop smell, I'd probably sell it. But this creamy vibe is drawing me in. The mango lollipop part isn't bad, at all, no no; I guess it's more the association and/or a lack of 'wow' factor with that alone.

But mixed with the creamy vanillic milky vibe? Mmm, I'm liking it! Haha.

So far it's a keeper.

(Not my bottle):
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Xerjoff - Golden Dallah

Yeah, I didn't get coffee (or oud for that matter) either.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Molinard Patchouli
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

Quote Originally Posted by cheapimitation View Post
    Tried Diptyque Eau Capitale and Tempo today. I felt the way I often feel with Diptyque, which is that they are nice but they don't excite me.

Both dry down to patchouli with Tempo being the stronger more scratchy kind while Eau Capitale had a nice fresh rosy opening and a softer dry down.

After having tested several Diptyque, I always just think "meh". Nicely done but kinda middle of the road fragrances for me, haven't found a single one that made me think I need to have it or want to smell it again and I've tried: Tam Dao, Philosykos, Eau Duelle, Eau de Minthe, L'ombre dans l'eau and a few others. I suppose this "nice" quality is what some people like about them. Just nice in my eyes might be "just right" to another.

I'll have to try Oud Palao sometime which seems to have a stronger character.
    I really wanted to like those two also but just did not do it for me either.

I did like Eau Duelle EDT and surprisingly Fleur de Peau.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Molinard Patchouli
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

Got to try a couple of PDMs tonight - Greenley and Pegasus exclusif. After not liking the previous 2 releases AT ALL, these smelled great on a blotter. I got some generous samples and will be giving them a full wearing soon. I have always liked Pegasus though, so it wasn't too surprising that I would like the remix.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Molinard Patchouli
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

Basenotes Plus

Creed - Royal Oud
    Nishane - Ani
    Diptyque - Tam Dao
    Diptyque - 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    MDCI - Chypre Palatin
    Omnia - Ambra
    "Do not believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
    Currently wearing: Lonestar Memories by Tauer

Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Creed - Royal Oud
    Nishane - Ani
    Diptyque - Tam Dao
    Diptyque - 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    MDCI - Chypre Palatin
    Omnia - Ambra
    Nice list - what'd you think of them?
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Molinard Patchouli
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

OOOH - didn't like it.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast