Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Your Vintage Scent of the Day (SOTD) - Q1 2021

Due to the popularity of posting vintage scents of the day, this has become a quarterly thread. Thank you for making these threads so fun!

Top posting etiquette is to include the name of your fragrance if you are posting a picture. And hopefully you're posting a cool picture.

Also new, we are encouraging use of the multi-quote button ("+) to avoid even the appearance of trying to boost post count, which would be lame in the extreme.

Click the multi-quote button for every post you want to reply to, and then click "Reply with Quote" for the last one, and you are using technology for good!

These vintage scent of the day (SOTD) threads have been great for all sorts of ongoing vintage perfume discussions, but don't feel inhibited to start your own threads. The vintage forum is your oyster.

Here's a link to the 2020 Vintage SOTD thread: https://www.basenotes.net/threads/47...tage-SOTD-2020

To stay on topic, I should mention that my vintage scent of the night (which also counts) is Cartier Santos, shown below with the spices.

E562E7F7-CB57-4519-B889-D66C7A06A169.jpg

Happy 2021, friends.
    Last edited by Bavard; 1st April 2021 at 04:03 AM.

All Is Beautiful

Default Re: Vintage Scent of the Day - Q1 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Due to the popularity of posting vintage scents of the day, this has become a quarterly thread. Thank you for making these threads so fun!

Top posting etiquette is to include the name of your fragrance if you are posting a picture. And hopefully you're posting a cool picture.

Also new, we are encouraging use of the multi-quote button ("+) to avoid even the appearance of trying to boost post count, which would be lame in the extreme.

Click the multi-quote button for every post you want to reply to, and then click "Reply with Quote" for the last one, and you are using technology for good!

These vintage scent of the day (SOTD) threads have been great for all sorts of ongoing vintage perfume discussions, but don't feel inhibited to start your own threads. The vintage forum is your oyster.

Here's a link to the 2020 Vintage SOTD thread: https://www.basenotes.net/threads/47...tage-SOTD-2020

To stay on topic, I should mention that my vintage scent of the night (which also counts) is Cartier Santos, shown below with the spices.

Happy 2021, friends.
    That is a cool pic. Happy 2021!
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Didn’t know about the multi-quote button until now - in the past when responding to multiple posts I would reply to each one or copy from the reply and paste them all together manually in notepad and copy that and paste the whole thing as a reply - the multi-post button sounds much easier and I will do my best to use it going forward.
    Currently wearing: Futuros by Aubusson

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    Thank you, ThrilledChilled.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey74 View Post
    Didn’t know about the multi-quote button until now - in the past when responding to multiple posts I would reply to each one or copy from the reply and paste them all together manually in notepad and copy that and paste the whole thing as a reply - the multi-post button sounds much easier and I will do my best to use it going forward.
    You are a good citizen, Nosey74. Another trick I use (and used just now) is to copy text and then hit cancel, and then paste it into the next reply. Copy/paste is one of the great inventions.

Happy 2021, friends.
    Nice picture. Happy 2021 to you all!

Agreed!

Learn something new all the time!

Thank you, ThrilledChilled.

You are a good citizen, Nosey74. Another trick I use (and used just now) is to copy text and then hit cancel, and then paste it into the next reply. Copy/paste is one of the great inventions.
    Thank you! I'm testing the multi-post button

Common Lackey

HooRAY! And Huzzah, too.

First scent of 2021 will be Chanel Antaeus

CHANEL ANTAEUS SPORT.jpg
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

All Is Beautiful

6A32C2E6-6A12-4BC1-B781-47F703F2748C.jpg

SONYE is Chanel 19 parfum
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Starting the year with a powerhouse...

Vermeil by Jean Louis Vermeil

vermeil.jpg
    Currently wearing: Polo Crest by Ralph Lauren

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Happy New Year, Everyone!

vtg.
    Oscar de la Renta pour Lui
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Dependent

Definitely a cool pic! Happy New Year!

Bringing in the new year with one of my all-time favorites, and indeed, my favorite Guerlain.....

Mouchoir de Monsieur

Layering this current version with some of my "believed-to-be-extrait" decant. Yes! The New Year is off to an excellent start!....Now I've got to start cooking those collards!

Basenotes Plus

Guten morgen! Hey 2021, be nice to us!

Starting my new year and morning off easy with Early American Old Spice.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Happy New Year, Everyone!

Oscar de la Renta pour Lui
    Lovely to see what a veteran Basenoter with an 800+ bottle wardrobe is wearing on New Year's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali AD View Post

It looks like they may have been marketing to smokers with a bottle that looks like a lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by aero58 View Post
    Bringing in the new year with one of my all-time favorites, and indeed, my favorite Guerlain.....

Mouchoir de Monsieur

Layering this current version with some of my "believed-to-be-extrait" decant. Yes! The New Year is off to an excellent start!....Now I've got to start cooking those collards!
    A favorite Guerlain here, too. I like the scene in the kitchen with the southern cuisine. My mind has turned to chicken and waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Guten morgen! Hey 2021, be nice to us!

Starting my new year and morning off easy with Early American Old Spice.
    "Nice and easy" sounds like a good theme for the new year.

I'm swayed by my significant other's love of Bel Ami to start the new year in it.

1B5C4615-B659-40F4-90D4-72DFCA7EE94D.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    HooRAY! And Huzzah, too.
    I don't have that button. Not on my mobile device anyway.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    ― Mark Twain
    Currently wearing: Brut by Fabergé

Quorum

Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
    I don't have that button. Not on my mobile device anyway.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I’m not seeing it in Tapatalk, but you can do a single shout-out reply as part of a post.

And you have no history of spamming, so no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

@bavard EAOS has been a nice laid back transition into 2021 after a late night. Wearing it is kinda like just waking up at grandma’s in the winter, wrapped up in a plush duvet, and tiptoeing into the study next to a crackling fire to curl up in grandpa’s big plush chair. Grandpa was recently sitting in the chair after his morning shave and I can still smell a bit of Canoe. Meanwhile grandma is cooking breakfast and brewing coffee for grandpa and making hot chocolate for me.

It’s been kind of like that.

Am I doing this right Cook Bot? I've combined posts and removed pictures to hopefully reduce/eliminate communal ire I've been feeling pointed towards me. I will admit I usually post from my phone but it's pretty difficult to use the new way on such a small screen so I will wait until I am on my desktop/laptop to post correctly instead of using my cell phone. My sincerest apologies to anyone whom I unintentionally dismayed.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    First scent of 2021 will be Chanel Antaeus
    Great choice N.Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali AD View Post

It's been a while since I owned it but I remember it being a beast - way to welcome the New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by aero58 View Post

Mouchoir de Monsieur

Layering this current version with some of my "believed-to-be-extrait" decant. Yes! The New Year is off to an excellent start!....Now I've got to start cooking those collards
    Nice picture and presentation as always aero58!

I'm swayed by my significant other's love of Bel Ami to start the new year in it.
    Wonderful choice Bavard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cologne Cabinet View Post
    Polo Crest
    I can't believe I never smelled this until a few weeks ago - what a great fragrance!

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    Quorum

Happy New Year!
    Very nice old school!

@bavard EAOS has been a nice laid back transition into 2021 after a late night. Wearing it is kinda like just waking up at grandma’s in the winter, wrapped up in a plush duvet, and tiptoeing into the study next to a crackling fire to curl up in grandpa’s big plush chair. Grandpa was recently sitting in the chair after his morning shave and I can still smell a bit of Canoe. Meanwhile grandma is cooking breakfast and brewing coffee for grandpa and making hot chocolate for me.

It’s been kind of like that.
    You sure can paint a picture Diddy! Sounds lovely!

My scent of the day is Giorgio Beverly Hills For Men

IMG_6037.jpg

Common Lackey

Am I doing this right Cook Bot? I've combined posts and removed pictures to hopefully reduce/eliminate communal ire I've been feeling pointed towards me. I will admit I usually post from my phone but it's pretty difficult to use the new way on such a small screen so I will wait until I am on my desktop/laptop to post correctly instead of using my cell phone. My sincerest apologies to anyone whom I unintentionally dismayed.
    Oh, I never meant to single you out, Nosey! You're just one of many who do it, and I thank you for your thoughtfulness and your Herculean effort! I don't post from a phone so I'm ignorant about the difficulties that entails, and I'll try to be more understanding of those limitations in the future.

Happy new year wishes to all of us! I'm starting off with my New Year's Day tradition, Dior-Dior, Roudnitska's perfect jewel from 1976. Will join the Menardo sync later in some (what else?) Lempicka.

DiorDior_mine_April2020.jpg

The parallel horizontal (forested and clear) striped bottle of Guerlain Vetiver

Basenotes Plus

@nosey74 Thanks!

Ok, so Early American Old Spice is done. As in, I’ve cleaned up and I’m about to take the family hiking. My new scent for the day is Carolina Herrera for Men. I’m hoping to squeeze 2 more fragrances today. We shall see. I’ll for sure do one more.

Breaking out some Davidoff (Classic)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Am I doing this right Cook Bot? I've combined posts and removed pictures to hopefully reduce/eliminate communal ire I've been feeling pointed towards me.
    You're doing super awesome. The idea of ire being directed at you seems so far-fetched I had to laugh. Several times.

You're even reminding me of the great Redneck Perfumisto.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I'm starting off with my New Year's Day tradition, Dior-Dior, Roudnitska's perfect jewel from 1976.
    You have a few options. Nice work stocking up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    The parallel horizontal (forested and clear) striped bottle of Guerlain Vetiver
    People do seem to love their horizontally-ribbed bottles of Guerlain Vetiver. Interesting choice for the holiday, Ken!

Quote Originally Posted by munch357 View Post
    Breaking out some Davidoff (Classic)
    I'm going to pull Davidoff out of storage for the month. Thanks for the reminder, Munch!

Basenotes Plus

@nosey74 Thanks!

Ok, so Early American Old Spice is done. As in, I’ve cleaned up and I’m about to take the family hiking. My new scent for the day is Carolina Herrera for Men. I’m hoping to squeeze 2 more fragrances today. We shall see. I’ll for sure do one more.

Excellent. Right behind Polo Green, vintage Herrera for Men is Carlos Benaim's best work

“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    ― Mark Twain
    Currently wearing: Brut by Fabergé

Basenotes Plus

Currently wearing: Punjab by Roberto Capucci

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: V.O. By Jean Marc Sinan

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

You're doing super awesome. The idea of ire being directed at you seems so far-fetched I had to laugh. Several times.

You're even reminding me of the great Redneck Perfumisto.
    It's been a while since I've seen Redneck Perfumisto post anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cologne Cabinet View Post

Excellent. Right behind Polo Green, vintage Herrera for Men is Carlos Benaim's best work
    That's quite the endorsement; now I'm curious to try Herrera for Men!

AlphaFrank - Lauder for Men - nice!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    SOTE: V.O. By Jean Marc Sinan
    Very nice hednic - happy to own it as well!