Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Your 2021 Fragrance Balance

It is time for a new year and a new thread of your fragrance balance. The Netto This thread is not just for restrictions, it is to keep track of how your collection is changing over the year. Your goal might be to decrease as well as to increase your collection.

You start with the balance 0. End a bottle in 2020 and you are -1. End a bottle and buy two new ones, then you are +1. Nothing advanced. I am counting my samples and decants as well as my bottles. If you want you could differ sold/ended as well as gifted/purchased. It could also be fun to see which fragrances that are sold, bought and so on.

Please share how your collection is changing! And a happy new year to all of you!

Link to 2020: https://www.basenotes.net/threads/47...grance-Balance
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

Default Re: Your 2021 Fragrance Balance

I am starting this year with 35 bottles and 73 samples/decants (one not in directory so 74 for real)

I will try to tell which fragrances that is in or out and if they were ended or sold for example.

I had one wearing left of a sample of Valentino Uomo Born in Roma that I ended this first day of the year. Thus:

Bottles: +-0

Samples/decants: -1 (+0, -1)

59 to start 2021.

Notes:
    - I count the bottles already paid for and currently in the mail as belonging to 2020's bottle count.
    - In my mind, 15ml and smaller do not count as "bottles".

Starting bottle count: 72.
    Balance: 0.
    Spray less, love more.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

For January 2021 only:

+3 bottles
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Awesome! Thanks for creating a new 2021 thread, H_West!

I haven't made any purchases yet or have anything in particular in mind, but will update once that changes.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Zadig & Voltaire This is Him!
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

+0 New bottles
    +1 backups
    -2 Sold bottles
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for creating a new 2021 thread, H_West!

I haven't made any purchases yet or have anything in particular in mind, but will update once that changes.
    Thanks for the company, buddy!

For January 2021 only:

+5 bottles
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

O bottles so far ...start of the year trying to cut back on purchase

2021 01:

Fragrances: 34
    Backups: 7
    Total: 41

For January 2021 only:

+12 bottles

A 5 ml decant of Layton is now done. A solid fragrance.

Samples/decants: -2 (+0, -2)

Basenotes Plus

2021 begins with:

I smell.

H_West, thank you for reviving this yearly thread which is fun, helpful and eye opening at the same time!
    I massively failed my last year's goal to shrink my wardrobe a bit and instead it got only bigger. I can blame pandemic induced anxiety for it or I can blame myself and my lack of impulse control - or I can blame no one at all, take it as it is, embrace all the beautiful scents I've got and just do better this year.

I'm starting the year with 65 fragrances (including 2 big decants and 13 minis/travel sprays, so I could count 50 "bottles", but I choose to count fragrances as I get lots of wears of small sizes anyway and they're still technically bottles) and 28 samples.
    I also have 16 backups (4 of them are mini backups - backups of mini bottles, so it's kinda funny to count them as 4 bottles 1 of the backups is of a fragrance that's not currently in my wardrobe)

My goal for this year is to shrink my wardrobe back to at least some point below 60 (plan minimum), preferably to 50 (plan maximum). I do intend to buy several things this year but I prefer to use up more of what I already have than to seek new bottles.
    I don't have any serious goals for samples and backups. I might get some more (I want backups of some of my favourites), I might not.

First change: -1 to Samples (finished a Mon Guerlain EDP sample), so my current stats are:
    Wardrobe: 0
    Samples: -1 (-1; +0)
    Backups: 0

I've sold off 5 this week, 3 more up for sale on eBay. I plan on buying 3 more bottles very soon.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Yo, Chuck! I like the new profile pic! New hair style? You look like a different guy!

Anyway, I have one purchase so far this year. So Pinaud Clubman Lime Sec. +1, -0
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

For January 2021 only:

+14 bottles

First bottle finish this year - finished the last drops of a small bottle of Rihanna Rebelle while spraying it on my mask and my scarf before going for a walk today...and realized there's nothing to spray actually. It was an easy one as the bottle was almost empty before the New Year.

I started with 65 fragrances in Wardrobe, 28 samples and 16 backups. My goal minimum this year is -6 to Wardrobe (hard, yet achievable if I don't do unplanned purchases), my goal maximum is -15 to Wardrobe (not very achievable as I don't bother with selling and I want to rebuy one finished fragrance and maybe something new this year, too, but at least I can spray my masks and laundry, too).

Wardrobe: -1 (-1; +0)

Purchased Azzaro Pour Homme last night, so that puts me at +2.

For January 2021 only:

+16 bottles

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Yo, Chuck! I like the new profile pic! New hair style? You look like a different guy!
    Thanks! Nope, just shades, scruff, and a little tan. My last pic was a work pic from about 5 years ago.

Missoni Parfum Pour Homme puts me at +3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    H_West, thank you for reviving this yearly thread which is fun, helpful and eye opening at the same time!
    I massively failed my last year's goal to shrink my wardrobe a bit and instead it got only bigger. I can blame pandemic induced anxiety for it or I can blame myself and my lack of impulse control - or I can blame no one at all, take it as it is, embrace all the beautiful scents I've got and just do better this year.

I'm starting the year with 65 fragrances (including 2 big decants and 13 minis/travel sprays, so I could count 50 "bottles", but I choose to count fragrances as I get lots of wears of small sizes anyway and they're still technically bottles) and 28 samples.
    I also have 16 backups (4 of them are mini backups - backups of mini bottles, so it's kinda funny to count them as 4 bottles 1 of the backups is of a fragrance that's not currently in my wardrobe)

My goal for this year is to shrink my wardrobe back to at least some point below 60 (plan minimum), preferably to 50 (plan maximum). I do intend to buy several things this year but I prefer to use up more of what I already have than to seek new bottles.
    I don't have any serious goals for samples and backups. I might get some more (I want backups of some of my favourites), I might not.

First change: -1 to Samples (finished a Mon Guerlain EDP sample), so my current stats are:
    Wardrobe: 0
    Thank you for sharing, just happy more than me could have use for this. Good luck in your new plan

I finished a sample of Missoni Wave. Very similar to Allure Homme Sport/Versace Pour Homme.

Samples/decants: -3 (+0, -3)

Quote Originally Posted by H_West View Post
    Thank you for sharing, just happy more than me could have use for this. Good luck in your new plan

I finished a sample of Missoni Wave. Very similar to Allure Homme Sport/Versace Pour Homme.
    Thank you!
    Honestly, when I actually counted how many bottles I can realistically finish this year, I think my plan maximum is absolutely unreachable and my plan minimum is my plan maximum already, because it's only achievable if I finish everything that seems finishable right now and only get my Mandarine Basilic that's planned for spring and then nothing else for the year.
    Oh well, I guess it doesn't have to be -6 by the end of the year, but as long as it's minus-something I'll be content.

Do you have any specific wardrobe-related goals?

-3. Sitting at 56.

For January 2021 only:

+19 bottles

+4 after acquiring Polo Red Intense.

For January 2021 only:

+20 bottles

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    +0 New bottles
    +1 backups
    -2 Sold bottles
    +0 New bottles
    +1 backups
    -4 Sold bottles
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed