Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Got Pi by Givenchy as present, is this really an ok male fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    I live in south Louisiana, and I own both a vintage formulation and a more modern formulation. Bare in mind I do not know what latest production smells like. It is neither too feminine nor too sweet for our climate. It has just enough ‘dryness’ to it to keep it from becoming overbearing. It’s not a blind reach for summer days but right now and into March it should work fine for you, especially as an evening/night scent.

Having said that, if you don’t like it then you don’t like it. And there is nothing wrong with that. Trust YOUR nose. It may present sweeter from your skin than mine. Dior Homme Intense is regarded as a masterpiece on BN, and I think it’s excellent, but I can’t wear it at all. One spray of DHI and the vanilla in it gets so cloying and strong that I get negative comments from the Mrs. before even considering leaving the house. It smells great on a friend though. Don’t lose sight of this being your personal journey. The only way you could go wrong is if reading something here persuades you into keeping something that you do not enjoy or want. If you’re apprehensive to exchange the fragrance, since it was a gift, then just give it a few more wearings over the next couple months. Ask people you trust their thoughts on it while you’re wearing it. But ultimately you make the choice. Best wishes.
    Very well said

I’d sit on it for a bit...

Pi grew on me.... I wasn’t a huge fan initially, but I found that I began to enjoy it more as time passed. I think the problem was that I was expecting one thing and got another. I was thinking it was going to be more “Le Male-ish,” based on the description, which it definitely isn’t, which really threw me.

Once I was able to wrap my head around what it was, as opposed to what it wasn’t, I began to enjoy it more.

As for wearing it in Florida, I’d use it primarily for nighttime wear or during the cooler months. I personally wouldn’t reach for this on a scorching hot July day in New England, let alone The Sunshine State.

With all of this said, give it a little time. If you find that time doesn’t change things, I’m sure there are people that would be happy to take it off your hands here or elsewhere
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa

Never thought it was too feminine but ended up giving it away as I just found it too sweet one day.

It's ok for when I'm going to be home as usually burn resin incense (not sticks but real resins in an electric burner) and the scent goes well with the resins, and have ac running so is cool inside; was present from woman I know. I like acqua di gio and was thinking would have got that from her; oh well, just bought new bottle for myself, wear it when going outside and keep pi for indoor days at home.

The original Pi had much more of an anise note than the current formulations I've smelled. It was a round fresh woody tarty slightly sweet scent to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindFuryFragFanatic View Post
    The original Pi had much more of an anise note than the current formulations I've smelled. It was a round fresh woody tarty slightly sweet scent to me.
    reformulation is about the bottle??

I own both the small and large pi symbol bottles, the former IMO which is the earlier formulation is significantly better.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

I gave a bottle of it to my ex, and he wore it and had other female coworkers swoon around him telling he smelled divine. He wore it often going out after that. Maybe use it on cocasions?
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.
    Currently wearing: Chypré Fruité by Montale

I love it definitely one of my favorites and great memories of buying it in 1999 and loving the astronaut ad campaign.
    I think the sweetness is done just right- less cloying than 1 million or code absolu. It wears well in the summer but is more of a cold weather scent for sure. I think it's pretty amazing and was surprised that Luca Turin dismissed it as "sweet nothing".

Find it to be much too sweet for my taste. But again, it's just my taste.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2