Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie

Default The secret to beauty

Sugar feeds bacteria/fungus that affect your skin
    I had pretty bad dermatitis sebbhorreitis before I went carnivore, and I have almost none now
    My face skin was hurting when I scratched it,now I can scratch it and I feel nothing
    it is smoother as well, with smaller skin grain
    I had bumps on my butt, and now it's smooth as a baby skin

Removing sugar from your diet (flour, bread, pasta, cookies, etc) brings you a lot:
    - no more tired after eating, you got energy throughout the day with no peaks and troughs
    - no risk for diabetes : humans are not made to ingest sugar three times a day (same as dogs and cats) : it will lead to diabetes guaranteed
    - weight loss : by supressing sugars, you lose weight uneffortely. I was 100 kg (220 lbs) now i'm 80 kg (176 lbs) in one year and a half. No cravings, and you can always replace sugar with artificial sweeteners, or have cheat days now and then
    - you're never really hungry. My last ingestion of food is at 3 PM and I eat again at 9 AM (intermittent fasting)
    my morning meal is the biggest of the day
    - you can eat all the fats you want : nice juicy steaks with lots of butter and cream. I eat so fat, I replaced yogourt with full cream : delicious ! And animals store vitamins in fat.
    Be careful i'm not talking about oils. Oils and fats are different. Oils produce inflammation (which leads to cardiac diseases) and weight gain
    - there was a canivore youtuber that had such a perfect skin people he talked to thought he was wearing make-up, He had to wipe his face with a tissue to prove them wrong....Since he stopped being carnivore, and switched to omnivore, and he has bad acne and poor skin now. He thinks fats and sugars are just "energy" and can be switched on
    - Eating animals brings important proteins and vitamin A to your body that are essential to good skin health. Also things like gelatin are excellent skin health products : so eat sugar free gummy bears all you want !

Keto/carnivore is the solution to beauty.
    Beauty comes from interior : with my skin disease I thought I needed to find a good cream (which I never found) while I was eating poorly and feeding my body with too much sugar and not enough essential nutrients
    now everything is fine

Default Re: The secret to beauty

Working on this diet switch myself. Got a bit of a sugar habit I'm finding it hard to break, but I'm otherwise off the carbs. My body feels great and I've gotten compliments on my appearance since my switch. Not sure whether to attribute it to my 10 step nightly routine or steak, lol. Probs both

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    Working on this diet switch myself. Got a bit of a sugar habit I'm finding it hard to break, but I'm otherwise off the carbs. My body feels great and I've gotten compliments on my appearance since my switch. Not sure whether to attribute it to my 10 step nightly routine or steak, lol. Probs both
    nice!
    do you eat offal ? I found out that they are the most nutritious piece of the animal (liver, brain, heart, etc)
    also increasing fats comsumption nourishes skin from the interior and mosturize it (because fats are more hydrating than water)

- - - Updated - - -

addons :
    -bad breath : sugars feed bacterias that create halitose. Stoppin sugars guaratees you a good breath because bad bacterias can't survive.
    -farts : Before I went carnivore I had bloating and was farting all the time. Now I got almost none (maybe one in the morning, just before pooping), which is great
    -girls when it's your 'time of the month', eat a steak, it will replenish iron and you'll feel better
    -fats (not oils) and animals are the easiest food to digest. I used to think butter heavy meals were hard to digest but it's quite the opposite. I digest perfectly now, this is nice (before I had acid reflux in the middle of the night, now it's totally gone). Plants are hard/impossible to digest
    -you don't need fiber : If you're often constipated, ingesting impossible-to-digest plant matter isn't the best option. You will have much better stool without plants (almost everything is in fact digested then)
    -if you have gout, joint pain, muscle pain, trying reducing sugars. At one time I started eating pasta again to see if it made any difference. After 4 days I had horrible muscle pain, like a 90 years old granpa.
    Last edited by ionone; 7th January 2021 at 07:48 AM.

i get triggered when i read stuff like "eat all the x you want"
    Last edited by Swoleiosis; 7th January 2021 at 10:13 PM. Reason: whatever

Quote Originally Posted by ionone View Post
    nice!
    do you eat offal ? I found out that they are the most nutritious piece of the animal (liver, brain, heart, etc)
    also increasing fats comsumption nourishes skin from the interior and mosturize it (because fats are more hydrating than water)
    I don't. Nose to tail isn't something I'm ready for (and I may never be, but all that's subject to change as I listen to my body), though I did used to fight my dad for chicken hearts and gizzards when I was a kid, lol.

It's been interesting watching vegetarianism become more and more mainstream just in the 20 years I'd been doing it. Something like that becoming part of a national narrative gives me pause, but more important than that, if your diet isn't serving you like it used to, it behooves you to figure out why, if you can. I'm linking a video of an informative podcast episode that'll give a good starting point regarding the benefits of an all meat diet. Interesting stuff. @ionone, you've probably heard of the interviewee-- Dr. Paul Saladino?

p.s. Ketones on your breath typically happens when you go into ketosis. Carnivore diets are not necessarily keto diets.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Swoleiosis View Post
    i get triggered when i read stuff like "eat all the x you want"
    well gelatin is mostly water and some proteins, so yes you can eat all you want of it.
    be careful some artificial sweeteners have calories. so avoid those

well gelatin is mostly water and some proteins, so yes you can eat all you want of it.
    be careful some artificial sweeteners have calories. so avoid those
    I was referring to the part where you say eat all the fats you want.
    deleted my post because this is a fragrance board and I dont think anyone would read something like this, on here, and follow it as advice.

Basenotes Junkie

I was referring to the part where you say eat all the fats you want.
    deleted my post because this is a fragrance board and I dont think anyone would read something like this, on here, and follow it as advice.
    ok about fats : it will replace sugars for energy
    but it has a duration much longer than sugars : with sugars, you need to eat all the time to get energy, with fats it lasts all day.
    also you will be satisfied very quicly with fats, and you won't have cravings, so in the end you won't eat kilos of it. that's the secret
    the liver will convert fats to ketones, which will replace sugars but the interesting fact is that the body willl create only the necessary quantity when needed whereas when you eat sugars, you always eat too much and then store them in fats (which is an inflammatory process)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    I don't. Nose to tail isn't something I'm ready for (and I may never be, but all that's subject to change as I listen to my body), though I did used to fight my dad for chicken hearts and gizzards when I was a kid, lol.

It's been interesting watching vegetarianism become more and more mainstream just in the 20 years I'd been doing it. Something like that becoming part of a national narrative gives me pause, but more important than that, if your diet isn't serving you like it used to, it behooves you to figure out why, if you can. I'm linking a video of an informative podcast episode that'll give a good starting point regarding the benefits of an all meat diet. Interesting stuff. @ionone, you've probably heard of the interviewee-- Dr. Paul Saladino?

p.s. Ketones on your breath typically happens when you go into ketosis. Carnivore diets are not necessarily keto diets.
    yeah i've heard of him but I don't follow.
    Apparently he is copying Frank Tufano from the beginning (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycGK23AC4J4)
    but Frank is crazy (he has bed canopy to filter radiowaves, and wears special clothes to protect him from "radiations")
    here is a video of one of his livestreams that he films under a protective sheet (lol)
    also he is not carnivore anymore but was for a long time
    Attached Images Attached Images

daily, weekly, monthly calorie balance is far and away the most important factor in body composition and weight gain / loss. there's absolutely nothing special or advantageous about a high fat diet for body composition besides any personal satiety preferences vs low fat high carb. you cannot eat fat, be in a caloric surplus, and lose weight. the cravings and being satisfied are all personal preference.

Basenotes Junkie

daily, weekly, monthly calorie balance is far and away the most important factor in body composition and weight gain / loss. there's absolutely nothing special or advantageous about a high fat diet for body composition besides any personal satiety preferences vs low fat high carb. you cannot eat fat, be in a caloric surplus, and lose weight. the cravings and being satisfied are all personal preference.
    that's what Frank thinks also : that fats and sugars are just switchable energy sources
    but this couldn't be farther from the truth
    first fats contain vitamins, which oils and sugars don't
    secondly sugars make you hungry and trigger insulin
    thirdly as I just explained fats aren't stored as fat but rather used when needed
    Fourthly you should not mix macros : mixing sugars and fats is really bad and will lead to all health problems
    Finally I can assure you that I eat as fat as possible, yet i'm losing excess fats really easily.
    before, I was eating "normally", yet became fat.

Dependent

I should probably reduce my sugar intake.

that's what Frank thinks also : that fats and sugars are just switchable energy sources
    but this couldn't be farther from the truth
    first fats contain vitamins, which oils and sugars don't
    secondly sugars make you hungry and trigger insulin
    thirdly as I just explained fats aren't stored as fat but rather used when needed
    Fourthly you should not mix macros : mixing sugars and fats is really bad and will lead to all health problems
    Finally I can assure you that I eat as fat as possible, yet i'm losing excess fats really easily.
    before, I was eating "normally", yet became fat.
    that's all just made up and easily falsifiable, flat out incorrect. calorie balance is one of the most tested, most easily tested, and consistently verified theories ever. if you weighed your food and counted your calories in the past vs now, you'd see you're eating fewer now.

I'm glad you're losing weight, but it's due to a calorie deficit.

fats and oils are both dietary fat...

fats, animal fats, saturated fats, oils, whatever, are all 100% absolutely capable of being stored as fat. there is no debate or argument against this. in fact, if you're in a caloric surplus, dietary fat is far easier to be stored as fat vs protein or carbs, so fat gain will be higher vs a low fat hi carb surplus.

Basenotes Junkie

that's all just made up and easily falsifiable, flat out incorrect. calorie balance is one of the most tested, most easily tested, and consistently verified theories ever. if you weighed your food and counted your calories in the past vs now, you'd see you're eating fewer now.

I'm glad you're losing weight, but it's due to a calorie deficit.

fats and oils are both dietary fat...

fats, animal fats, saturated fats, oils, whatever, are all 100% absolutely capable of being stored as fat. there is no debate or argument against this. in fact, if you're in a caloric surplus, dietary fat is far easier to be stored as fat vs protein or carbs, so fat gain will be higher vs a low fat hi carb surplus.
    well proteins are stated as having calories, yet it's not an energy source. body metabolism is complex,and i'm not saying proteins can't be used as energy but it's not as straightforward as "calories in / calories out" ... there is more involved

fat and oils are not the same, there are three types :
    fats (saturated fats and polyunsaturated omega 3)
    oils (mono and poly unsaturated fats)

there is also cholesterol which is whole other realm (and no it's not bad for health)

you can make the experiment. eat the same amount of calories from animal fats or from sugars...you'll get fatter with sugars, not with fats.
    historically, sugars are typically eaten during the summer, when fruits are ripe. The body then stocks the surplus as fat in preparation for the winter, when almost no vegetable/fruit grow.
    body is well made.

I'm only replying so anybody reading this doesn't accidentally absorb anything you're saying. many, many, athletes that need to make weight, or tons of bodybuilders, or bodybuilding coaches, have used calories in vs calories out with an amount of protein carbs fats as a %age of lean body mass with various adjustments for goals, personal preference, meal timing for activity/recovery and for allergies and etc for decades.
    it's backed by studies, by science, experience...

for anyone interested in nutrition or weight loss, the RP diet ebook / app is a great, guided resource from PHDs that are also athletes:
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...Q5K24AjwayYsPk
    Last edited by Swoleiosis; 9th January 2021 at 05:56 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Interesting conversation so far.

I have been a personal trainer for the past 15 years and in my experience this sentence sums it all up - "Everything works, until it doesn't."

This could apply to both training and nutrition.

With training this could look like - Heavy - Light - Heavy - Off - Light - Heavy - Off

For nutrition it could look like - Fasting - High Carb, Low Protein - Low Carb, High Protein - Fasting - Cheat day

The point it to CONTRAST what you are doing and give your body some different looks.

If your training and nutrition are always the same then you can become stagnant.

I have found this approach to actually be achievable for most of my students.

Let's face it, the best program or "diet" is the one you will actually do long term.

The best this or the best that is all relative. What will you actually consistently do? That is your solution.

Thank you.

“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    ― Mark Twain
    Currently wearing: Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels

Basenotes Junkie

I'm only replying so anybody reading this doesn't accidentally absorb anything you're saying. any athlete that needs to make weight, or any bodybuilder, or bodybuilding coach, has used calories in vs calories out with an amount of protein carbs fats as a %age of lean body mass with various adjustments for goals, personal preference, meal timing for activity/recovery and for allergies and etc for decades.
    it's backed by studies, by science, experience...

for anyone interested in nutrition or weight loss, the RP diet ebook / app is a great, guided resource from PHDs that are also athletes:
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...Q5K24AjwayYsPk
    people using calories in / calories out in their nutrition plan doesn't mean it works that way
    lots of vegans use Cronometer and think they got all the nutrients they need, yet they lose their teeth, their hair, etc

Quote Originally Posted by The Cologne Cabinet View Post

What will you actually consistently do? That is your solution.

Yeah, consistency is king. You could have the best meal and training plan in the world but it doesn't matter if you don't do it.

Dependent

Yeah, consistency is king. You could have the best meal and training plan in the world but it doesn't matter if you don't do it.
    Very true.

Skin condition is a reflection of our internal well-being and organ health. Of course, rational nutrition is the basis of human health. But there are many other factors as well. For example, you can even measure up to a gram the amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, do not eat sweets at all, but there will be problems with your skin. And this can be caused by hormonal disruptions either in the reproductive system or in the endocrine system (problems with which, in turn, affect digestion, and reproductive function, and joints, and skin). To summarize: it is not just possible to establish your nutrition, but even necessary. But if this does not help, then you should undergo an examination.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice Callan View Post
    Skin condition is a reflection of our internal well-being and organ health. Of course, rational nutrition is the basis of human health. But there are many other factors as well. For example, you can even measure up to a gram the amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, do not eat sweets at all, but there will be problems with your skin. And this can be caused by hormonal disruptions either in the reproductive system or in the endocrine system (problems with which, in turn, affect digestion, and reproductive function, and joints, and skin). To summarize: it is not just possible to establish your nutrition, but even necessary. But if this does not help, then you should undergo an examination.
    of course yes if you have some kind of organ failure it won't go well

but stopping sugars has zero side effects, only benefits
    sugars and plants are not necessary for good health and body function.
    fats and proteins are the only essential nutrients

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Goodness of heart and kindness of spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Goodness of heart and kindness of spirit.
    There is that.

Basenotes Junkie

you don't have to give up pancakes !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex-JY0tmOZw

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Removing sugar from your diet (flour, bread, pasta, cookies, etc) brings you a lot:
    Agree with this.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

A good way to get the right amount of protein in your diet, it is very convenient to drink protein shakes. After all, they are natural, this is not chemistry, just a concentrate. It's also delicious and perfect for a protein snack. But they do not replace a full meal. I take myself Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, but here in the article https://gym-expert.com/best-protein-powder/ there are different options at different prices, you can try some and choose the one that suits you.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice Callan View Post
    A good way to get the right amount of protein in your diet, it is very convenient to drink protein shakes. After all, they are natural, this is not chemistry, just a concentrate. It's also delicious and perfect for a protein snack. But they do not replace a full meal. I take myself Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, but here in the article https://gym-expert.com/best-protein-powder/ there are different options at different prices, you can try some and choose the one that suits you.
    protein shakes not chemical? look at the ingredients, it's all isolated components
    you don't need "drugs" or chemical powders to be healthy, just eat a steak

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted to add :
    as I stated initially, sugars feed bacterias and fungi, but there is another element that promotes these microorganisms: acidity.
    fungi develops more rapidly in an acidic environment. so eating a lot of acidic stuff can be detrimental to skin health.
    Usually people reply that the stomach is very acidic and regulates the PH on its own, so that doesn't matter, Well, what you eat does matter, because it goes into your bloodstream anyway. So reducing sour stuff is beneficiary for overall skin health. Also eating enough of cream, cheeses, milk can help the body to regulate acidity.

We know that dentists recommend not ingesting acidic beverages and acidic fruits, because it's bad for the teeth. Well sugar turns into acid in the mouth, which attacks enamel. So this is bad as well

Last thing, it is not very well known that artificial sparkling water (which uses carbonic gas to carbonate the water) makes water more acidic. Dentists recommend not drinking these but rather natural sparkling water.

Jeff
    Last edited by ionone; Today at 06:10 AM.