Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Masculine & seductive fragrances!?

I consider fragrances like BVLGARI man in black & Prada L'Homme Intense as good examples for this type of fragrances!

Both are very masculine, spicy/woody and oriental notes, but also contain a seductive type of sweetness.

1. In which way would say both fragrances are similar?
    2. Where would you say both differ?
    3. If you had the choice, which fragrance would you prefer and why?
    4. Do any other fragrances come to your mind that you would put into this category?

Default Re: Masculine & seductive fragrances!?

Zadig & Voltaire Just Rock!

P.S.:
    5. Which one of the two is better when it comes to longevity & projection?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinK_2 View Post
    Zadig & Voltaire Just Rock!
    Than you for your input. I haven't tried it yet, but will do as soon as possible.

Welcome to Basenotes

1. Both are darker fragrances intended for the cooler weather, and to me both contain the note of iris

2. Huge difference here. MiB is rougher with its execution of spices and tobacco, while Prada is smoother.

3. I own MiB and would recommend it because it is more interesting and unique. I already have VUI and DHI so no place for the Prada here.

4. So many. The aforementioned Dior Homme Intense is a killer of this style. A personal favorite is Tom Ford Noir Extreme. Guerlain LIDGE if you like cocoa. Pure Malt is a community darling as well.
    Olfactory perception is the only sensory faculty that can be completely penetrated by cognition.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

In this style I’d suggest Dior Homme Intense, Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense and Musc Ravageur.
    Currently wearing: Insensé by Givenchy

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Woody-fresh-oud-tonkabeen View Post
    Do any other fragrances come to your mind that you would put into this category?
    For me - Gengis Khan
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

What first come to mind are TF Extreme and Fahrenheit Parfum.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Grand Soir
    vintage Heritage
    Tuscan Leather
    vintage Egoiste
    "No one wants advice - only corroboration." - John Steinbeck
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Tom Ford Extreme

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1- both are still quite reasonably priced at least compared to their quality/value for money ratio and do have a certain style likelier to be complimented nowadays

2- the notes actually differ quite a but, personally considering that the first insists and thrives on much sweeter notes while the second one, still strong, keeps a fresher, more versatile and lighter overall impression

3- by a slight Margin Bvlgari MIB, mostly due to heightened performance rather than scent related criteria alone

4- somewhat similar to both, at least up to varying/differing extents including but not limited to: Endymion EDC by Penhaligon's, Roma Uomo plus certain flankers, Azzaro Visit and/or Bright Visit, most of the male/unisex scents within the Prada Infusion fragrance line, Mugler Cologne
    Currently wearing: L'Occitan by L'Occitane

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaLeon View Post
    Welcome to Basenotes

1. Both are darker fragrances intended for the cooler weather, and to me both contain the note of iris

2. Huge difference here. MiB is rougher with its execution of spices and tobacco, while Prada is smoother.

3. I own MiB and would recommend it because it is more interesting and unique. I already have VUI and DHI so no place for the Prada here.

4. So many. The aforementioned Dior Homme Intense is a killer of this style. A personal favorite is Tom Ford Noir Extreme. Guerlain LIDGE if you like cocoa. Pure Malt is a community darling as well.
    Great summary about both fragrances including their similarities and differences.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    What first come to mind are TF Extreme and Fahrenheit Parfum.
    Bingo.

Basenotes Plus

Initio - Side Effect
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
    Currently wearing: Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf

This might sound funny, but would you also count Dior Sauvage and Creed Aventus or Club de Nuit into this category? I am asking because for some reasons they were, from what I have read, the most complimented men's fragrances. So obviously most women had a crush on both scents.

(Although I never found anything special about Dior Sauvage.)

I love many that would fit the bill, but Tobacco Vanille and Musc Ravageur come to mind.

PRADA AMBER POUR HOMME INTENSE very underrated to me and masculine/seductive for sure.

May be getting hard to find.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Basenotes Institution The Colognnoisseur's Avatar

Welcome to Basenotes. If you like Bvlgari Man in Black, you may like it’s rarer and oudier sibling, Man Black Orient. Those from the Fragrantica site indicate a similarity between Man in Black and Spicebomb, which I can see.
    THE COLOGNNOISSEUR
    OMAHA, NE
    USA

Basenotes Plus

We all have our own idea of "masculine and seductive", but for me this translates to frags that lean mature with very little sweetness -

Azzaro pour homme
    Gucci Nobile
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Jovan Musk for Men
    Charles Jourdan Un Homme

“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    ― Mark Twain
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

I must admit I tested both again and I find BVLGR man in black as way more masculine and seductive, as Prada!

It also is extremely versatile, but should be picked for special occasions, way more as for daily "smelling nice" attitude!

Now I have this one way more in mind, for what I was searching for:https://s12.directupload.net/images/210124/doknyr7c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Cologne Cabinet View Post
    We all have our own idea of "masculine and seductive", but for me this translates to frags that lean mature with very little sweetness -

Azzaro pour homme
    Gucci Nobile
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Jovan Musk for Men
    Charles Jourdan Un Homme
    Would you also include this one into the category of seductive & masculine fragrances?

Silver collar Dior Homme Intense
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This might sound funny, but would you also count Dior Sauvage and Creed Aventus or Club de Nuit into this category?
    Anything you think suits your style fits this category. Figuring out what a romantic partner would find attractive on you is an educated guess, but it's as much about matching your style as it is matching her tastes.

Here's an example: Let's say you're an older, conservative gentleman (I'm talking style, not your politics). A woman who'd find that kind of man attractive is also likely to enjoy classic scents, or modern scents with a classic style. If you're a younger trendy sort of guy, young trendy women your age are more likely to prefer current trendy stuff.

If my date is an elegant sort of woman, I'll wear 1725.

If my date is younger, or if she's more of a fun personality, I'll go with Hanae Mori H.M.

This might sound funny, but would you also count Dior Sauvage and Creed Aventus or Club de Nuit into this category? I am asking because for some reasons they were, from what I have read, the most complimented men's fragrances. So obviously most women had a crush on both scents.
    I've owned Aventus since 2012. It's one of my least complimented scents. I like it a lot, but it's not something I wear for dates. Any time I've had a woman go through my wardrobe to pick her favorites, it was never chosen. Also, CDNI is junk. It has a similar opening to Aventus, but the base is harsh chemical junk.

(Although I never found anything special about Dior Sauvage.)
    Then don't buy it. Find something that you like.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Boy Chanel
    Endymion
    Royal Oud
    Rose 31
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tabac Rouge
    Reflection Man
    Green Irish Tweed
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Chanel Eau De Cologne
    Aqua Universalis
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Pomelo Paradis
    Amouage Silver Man
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT
    "Live in the moment. Never count on longevity." --Yeasayer
    Currently wearing: Musk Cologne by Bortnikoff

Egoiste
    Musc Rav
    Obsession
    Currently wearing: Méharées by L'Erbolario

Basenotes Plus

Would you also include this one into the category of seductive & masculine fragrances?
    I have seen it mentioned many times as a compliment puller, but I personally have never worn it so I couldn’t say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    ― Mark Twain

The Scented Devil
    Blog Entries

My partner loves animalics on me like Balenciaga pour Homme (1990) or Oud Imperial by Perris Monte Carlo (2012)

The general public seems to like clean musks on me like Monsieur Musk by Houbigant (1972) or Calvin Klein ck One (1994)

Some of my Basenotes friends here would see me soaked in Eau d'Hermès (1951) if they could.

The FragBros on YouTube, Fragrantica, and Instagram are the ones pushing Bleu de Sauventus or Invictus Clone No. 13,761. The folks in the "frag game" as it were.

The real world is not as cut and dry as the various schools of thought in the online fragrance community. I've gotten more sexual attention from 50 year old musks and 90's drugstore fragrances like Curve than I have ANY of my big "beastmode" fragrances, and I own them all.

Wear the fragrance, don't let the fragrance wear you, and pick what you feel matches your mood. Whoever you're trying to catch regardless of gender or orientation will notice if you own your choices and walk in them confidently If it looks like you're trying to seek validation, then it won't come across masculine at all no matter what you wear.
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil
    Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Formerly Zealot Crusader

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    My partner loves animalics on me like Balenciaga pour Homme (1990) or Oud Imperial by Perris Monte Carlo (2012)

The general public seems to like clean musks on me like Monsieur Musk by Houbigant (1972) or Calvin Klein ck One (1994)

Some of my Basenotes friends here would see me soaked in Eau d'Hermès (1951) if they could.

The FragBros on YouTube, Fragrantica, and Instagram are the ones pushing Bleu de Sauventus or Invictus Clone No. 13,761. The folks in the "frag game" as it were.

The real world is not as cut and dry as the various schools of thought in the online fragrance community. I've gotten more sexual attention from 50 year old musks and 90's drugstore fragrances like Curve than I have ANY of my big "beastmode" fragrances, and I own them all.

Wear the fragrance, don't let the fragrance wear you, and pick what you feel matches your mood. Whoever you're trying to catch regardless of gender or orientation will notice if you own your choices and walk in them confidently If it looks like you're trying to seek validation, then it won't come across masculine at all no matter what you wear.
    The advices are strong with this one. Take heed young padawan.

― Mark Twain

Costume National - Soul

Dark and brooding fragrance by Dominique Ropion.
    When the night takes on its own life, the tempo changes. Take along, languorous breath. Linger till dawn, keep your head in the stars. You're suspended in time.

Dior Homme Intense it's highly appreciated by women.
    I don't know for sure if I seduced them with my perfume, or if they had slept with me just because the perfume is to their liking, but surely this perfume attracts compliments.

Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

BVLGARI Black ad/or DHP
    FREE AS THE WIND!