Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Recommdtions Orange Woody Dry ( something between Bigarade Concentrée and Eau d'Hermes )

Hello

Im looking for somethig close to F. Malle Bigarade Concentrée.
    An a alternative or something similar vibe or close to the Dry Orange Woody Leather aroma.

Today Im wearing Declaration Essence by Cartier https://www.basenotes.net/ID26120933.html
    And I like it !! is Great !!

Declaration Essence It is not something very similar to Bigarade Concentrée but I think it fits what I want to express. A dried orange, leather and woody scent with the character and quality of Cartier, Hermes, Jean Claude Ellena and air of Luxury or Elegance.
    I need to test it more thoroughly, but at the moment it is the best alternative to what I am looking for.

I would like to know your opinion, suggestions or ideas of other fragrances of this style that I should try, but not something very expensive or difficult to find. And better something versatile weareble allmost all year around, or not hard to wear.

I know, have tried and have some decants of

Declaration Edt
    Declaration Essence
    Creed Neroli Sauvage
    Eau D'Hermes
    Terre D'Hermes EDT and Parfum
    Dunhill Icon
    Giorgio Armani Pour Homme

Thanks

( My idea is to try different scents, and buy one bottle of this whole style of Woody Dried orange, as a Signature Scent )
    Winter Signature: Chanel Anteus, Gucci Guilty Absolute,Fahrenheit Parfum, Dior Homme Parfum, Declaration Essence, Dunhill Icon, Spicebomb Extreme, Mancera Red Tobacco,
    Currently wearing: Cardinal by Heeley

Heaven's made of oakmoss

Default Re: Recommdtions Orange Woody Dry ( something between Bigarade Concentrée and Eau d'Hermes )

I was thinking something like Eau d'Orange Verte from Hermés.
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Recommdtions Orange Woody Dry ( something between Bigarade Concentrée and Eau d'Hermes )

I'm a huge fan of both Eau d'Hermes and Declaration Essence, and the ideal scent you're describing would be right up my alley.

Just yesterday I was reading about this new one from Serge Lutens. It's apparently a dry, non-sweet orange with clove. Even though I don't like most Lutens, I ordered a sample because it sounds so good. Here's a thread about it:

https://www.basenotes.net/threads/47...our-une-pelure

Review on NST:
    https://nstperfume.com/2021/01/07/se...grance-review/

I found several eBay sellers offering samples of it.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Orange X Santal perhaps
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Sillage Monster

I like Diptyque Oyedo. To me, it's an nonspecific citrus with a touch of orange, not orangey-orange. Very woody and very dry.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
    Currently wearing: Eau Capitale by Diptyque

Madera de Naranjo by Angel Schlesser

Also adding the ADP scent Arancia di Capri from the Blue Mediterraneo fragrance line or, at a much more affordable price than the the first: Accordo Arancio by l'Erbolario
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

Eau D'Orange Verte would be a good one to try.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    I like Diptyque Oyedo.
    A very good suggestion.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by 1234567890 View Post
    I know, have tried and have some decants of

Terre D'Hermes EDT and Parfum

Thanks

( My idea is to try different scents, and buy one bottle of this whole style of Woody Dried orange, as a Signature Scent )
    I'm not a fan of Ellena nor of orange in fragrances, but I can hardly think of a better fragrance than Terre d'Hermes Parfum that would fit better the box orange+wood+leather.
    Indeed, orange is the TdH signature note, there is a woody base, and the flint note gives some dark leather vibes. Furthermore, it's decently priced and widely available at discounters, very versatile (except maybe in very hot weather), and probably the most interesting flanker of the TdH line together with the Eau Intense Vetiver flanker, imho.

Any woody orange fragrance that you will find around will be compared to the Terre d'Hermes line, that is hardly equaled in that category (even in the niche/luxury market). If you really want, you might want to try Montale Red Vetyver, or Anat Fritz Tzora, but these 2 are more comparable to the original TdH EDT. I can't think of a single other fragrance other than TdH Parfum that might tick all your boxes.
    Dunhill Icon is great too, and quite uniquely structured. I prefer it to the TdH line, that said, I admit that the ingredients quality is mainstream, possibly even a half step lower compared to TdH - I wish they blended an exactly identical high end version of Icon...

Why look further since your holy grail is in front of your nose? TdH Parfum is the answer.

Creed Orange Spice. Kind of hard to track down, but very good stuff.

All Is Beautiful

I love Spice and Wood by Creed
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    It is indeed. I’m still a little bummed I let a partial bottle slip away...

Zegna Sicilian Mandarin (though discontinued)

Honestly, sometimes we look and look for a 'something like...' type of scent, but often we don't realise it's sitting right under our nose (pun not intended).

I think you will go a long way before finding as good as Terre d' Hermes or even Declaration (original EdT) - yes, I know there's not much orange in the Declaration but it is a stunning creation by JCE. Bigarade Concentrée isn't half bad either.

Not sure how well this fits what you are looking for, but there is an uncommon flanker, Declaration Eau Genereuse. It keeps the basic frame of the original Declaration and Essence but lightens it up by putting more citrus up front and in the heart. I've had people tell me it smells like orange, and others say lemon, but I think the less exacting citrus description is accurate as that can be a blend of multiple notes including lemon and orange. You get less leather, more citrus.

They are fairly close the biggest difference to me is the Genereuse shines a lot more in spring or summer and the originals are great in cooler weather.....
    Currently wearing: Cefiro by Floris

Agree with others above - you are describing Terre d’Hermes. It would be good to know what it is about Terre you don’t like, as otherwise it is difficult to recommend anything else. Perhaps try the Eau Tres Fraiche version and/or Cologne Bigarade in the Malle line if you are looking for something fresher than Terre EDT/Parfum.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by woodnotes55 View Post
    Not sure how well this fits what you are looking for, but there is an uncommon flanker, Declaration Eau Genereuse. It keeps the basic frame of the original Declaration and Essence but lightens it up by putting more citrus up front and in the heart. I've had people tell me it smells like orange, and others say lemon, but I think the less exacting citrus description is accurate as that can be a blend of multiple notes including lemon and orange. You get less leather, more citrus.

They are fairly close the biggest difference to me is the Genereuse shines a lot more in spring or summer and the originals are great in cooler weather.....
    I agree ^

Another suggestion, not mentioned is Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma. I got a massage at a spa this past weekend and they had Arancia Hand Soap in the mens room and wow I forgot how good a scent it is.
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

I agree with Oyedo -- a weird sweet tangerine like note kicks in about halfway through. I love it though.

Orange Spice -- a class above Kouros imo. I wish I owned a bottle now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
    Agree with others above - you are describing Terre d’Hermes. It would be good to know what it is about Terre you don’t like, as otherwise it is difficult to recommend anything else. Perhaps try the Eau Tres Fraiche version and/or Cologne Bigarade in the Malle line if you are looking for something fresher than Terre EDT/Parfum.
    I have a wide collection of perfumes. And Terre de Hermes EDT gives me a headache
    (that only happens to me with 1 in 200)
    and other times,I can apply three sprays or 4 and I don't notice it like other perfumes in my collection.
    I can't enjoy it. I appreciate it and I appreciated it years ago but I can't wear it unfortunately.

My question was to know and try several fragrances with this note, and buy one bottle,
    and for now the best alternative is Dunhill Icon,
    I like it, it is versatile and have all those requirements.

ccv.PNG
    I have flankers of Declaratión and Terre d'Hermes parfum decants and with the decants I can have enough
    to remember or try sometimes occasionally.
    Winter Signature: Chanel Anteus, Gucci Guilty Absolute,Fahrenheit Parfum, Dior Homme Parfum, Declaration Essence, Dunhill Icon, Spicebomb Extreme, Mancera Red Tobacco,
    Currently wearing: Cardinal by Heeley

Blog Entries

No mention of Bvlgari Man Extreme? I think it's exactly what you're looking for, and the dry down is fantastic. Penhaligon's Castle is also worth a gander, but more neroli based than than the fruit orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    I'm not a fan of Ellena nor of orange in fragrances, but I can hardly think of a better fragrance than Terre d'Hermes Parfum that would fit better the box orange+wood+leather.
    Indeed, orange is the TdH signature note, there is a woody base, and the flint note gives some dark leather vibes. Furthermore, it's decently priced and widely available at discounters, very versatile (except maybe in very hot weather), and probably the most interesting flanker of the TdH line together with the Eau Intense Vetiver flanker, imho.

Any woody orange fragrance that you will find around will be compared to the Terre d'Hermes line, that is hardly equaled in that category (even in the niche/luxury market). If you really want, you might want to try Montale Red Vetyver, or Anat Fritz Tzora, but these 2 are more comparable to the original TdH EDT. I can't think of a single other fragrance other than TdH Parfum that might tick all your boxes.
    Dunhill Icon is great too, and quite uniquely structured. I prefer it to the TdH line, that said, I admit that the ingredients quality is mainstream, possibly even a half step lower compared to TdH - I wish they blended an exactly identical high end version of Icon...

Why look further since your holy grail is in front of your nose? TdH Parfum is the answer.
    I agree with the above except I actually prefer TdH EDT it really is a great, all arounder and seems to fit OP's bill perfectly

Agree.

Maybe also certain both dry as well zesty aspects of Jaguar (green bottle) for Men, with certain woody hints especially in its vintage rendition
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

I’ll suggest Azemour Les Orangers by Parfum d’Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Also adding the ADP scent Arancia di Capri from the Blue Mediterraneo fragrance line or, at a much more affordable price than the the first: Accordo Arancio by l'Erbolario
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I agree ^

Another suggestion, not mentioned is Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma. I got a massage at a spa this past weekend and they had Arancia Hand Soap in the mens room and wow I forgot how good a scent it is.
    Arancia di Capri is pretty awesome smelling. Great opening. I will have to retest my sample, but I really liked it from what I remember. Is it an orange dry woody however?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    It is indeed. I’m still a little bummed I let a partial bottle slip away...
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Agree.
    Orange Spice is a great one. One of the best made in my opinion and it is a travesty it is no longer in production. Underrated on the forums when it was around.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Pomegranate Noir, Midnight in Paris EDP, Feeling Man, Essence of John Galliano, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Aramis Calligraphy Rose, Penhaligon's Esprit de Roi, PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Another for Azemour Les Orangers
    Currently wearing: Patchouli 24 by Le Labo

Wow, forgot Azemour d’Orangers - another vote for it from me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1234567890 View Post
    I have a wide collection of perfumes. And Terre de Hermes EDT gives me a headache...
    A similar thing happens to lots of people. It happened to me on occasion when I had a decant. Other times the fragrance would just get on my nerves. I also just don't like the overall smell and feel it is not that good. I even have a friend who tossed his bottle in the garbage because the fragrance irritated him!

I'm gonna have to give this Dunhill Icon a try.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Pomegranate Noir, Midnight in Paris EDP, Feeling Man, Essence of John Galliano, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Aramis Calligraphy Rose, Penhaligon's Esprit de Roi, PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Perhaps you could try Declaration edp.
    When the night takes on its own life, the tempo changes. Take along, languorous breath. Linger till dawn, keep your head in the stars. You're suspended in time.