Code of Conduct

Default $100 for 3.4oz of Dior Eau Sauvage parfum a good deal or just normal!?

The title says it all. Is $100 for a 3.4 oz bottle of Eau Sauvage parfum a good deal or just normal? Thanks

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: $100 for 3.4oz of Dior Eau Sauvage parfum a good deal or just normal!?

Perhaps a little better than normal. Just my take.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: $100 for 3.4oz of Dior Eau Sauvage parfum a good deal or just normal!?

Hednic, do you have this one? If so what do you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by SubZee View Post
    The title says it all. Is $100 for a 3.4 oz bottle of Eau Sauvage parfum a good deal or just normal? Thanks
    Compared to the regular pricing, a bit better than usual, but not much. I see it often at discounters around $100/120.
    As per the fragrance itself, I think it's a bit overrated, and would suggest Miller Harris Vetiver Insolent instead, which has really a nice earthy vetiver note in the drydown, as opposed to the overly sweet elemi in ESP, that makes it nearly lean feminine imo. MH VI is also a step up in terms of ingredients quality, but you have to love vetiver to go that route. If not, ESP might still be a better option, as the vetiver is shy, and more mainstream smelling.
    Currently wearing: Costes by Hôtel Costes

Basenotes Plus

Depends on the type. For the current 2017+, it's okay. Can maybe get for less with Selfridges (but I do have the shipping program thing added).

For the original stuff? Yeah! For 100ml at least.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Hednic, do you have this one? If so what do you think of it?
    Yes I do and I love it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Excellent deal, both versions are hard to find below $150 the 2017 version has been seen at $130-$135 so I’d jump on it if given the chance the 2017 has a tight distribution and hard to get in USA.
    Currently wearing: Hawas for Men by Rasasi

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Excellent deal, both versions are hard to find below $150 the 2017 version has been seen at $130-$135 so I’d jump on it if given the chance the 2017 has a tight distribution and hard to get in USA.
    Actually the 2017 version is very available, way below $150, even at Walmart:

https://www.maxaroma.com/fragrance/m...mpaign=product

https://www.strawberrynet.com/en-us/...hoCbBoQAvD_BwE

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eau-Sauva...edSellerId=561
    Currently wearing: Costes by Hôtel Costes

If it's not discontinued, you might find it cheaper later in the year if you wait.

For 2012 formula, that sounds about right. My bottle was only $23 less than that near the end of its run.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Yes I do and I love it.
    Glad to hear it, thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna jump on it, frag x has it for $160+ and I ALMOST pulled the trigger, thankfully I waited a bit.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna jump on it, frag x has it for $160+ and I ALMOST pulled the trigger, thankfully I waited a bit.
    Maxaroma.com must have just received stock it’s been hard to find in the states most of last year. It’s a international release which explains the back and forth availability in the USA.
    Currently wearing: Hawas for Men by Rasasi

If you enjoy the fragrance, it's a reasonable deal to take the plunge.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Good call. You're getting a good deal. I'm hoping to get a backup eventually so good to know it can be found in that price range.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

From a personal viewpoint alone:
    while fairly within the quite regular/average price range, seconding the opinions that this rate remains fairly affordable even slightly advantageous

Eh, Dior prices have really inflated in the last year -- supply chain issues and/or gray market throttling. It's an OK given the current times.

Basenotes Institution

Pretty decent deal.

Dependent

I think its a pretty good deal, I bought mine for around $125
    Currently wearing: Interlude Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I think its a pretty good deal, I bought mine for around $125
    Yeah I pulled the trigger for $100 with $5 off, so I paid $95 otd

Yeah I pulled the trigger for $100 with $5 off, so I paid $95 otd
    Good work. Hope the bottle smells alright.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed