Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SOTD: Wednesday, 13th January, 2021

Havana by Aramis

Aramis Havana pic.jpg
    Currently wearing: Havana by Aramis

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Monsieur by Philippe Venet

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTE

Frapin 1270 for the evening news watching.

Sampling for the first time ever Francesco Smalto Pour Homme
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Institution

SOTE: Bleu de Chanel Parfum

Blog Entries

Evening all,

I finally got my flu shot yesterday, and is kicking my booty today. I’m actually glad the office is still closed today, I am a sweaty mess, and I slept through most of the day, even through the post man at the door, trying to deliver my bottle of Delina. My head is foggy. I hate it when I can’t think.

My final thoughts on Aqaba—gorgeous, and then ... gone. I tried layering it, and then I tried putting it fabric. Perhaps it needs a spray mechanism. Gimmegreen, whose reviews I really enjoy, “plumped” for it, as he would say, so I am determined to do more, to make it work for me. I think I can find it, for less than Luckyscent’s asking price. And it comes from a house with some other perfumes that look interesting, so I will continue the quest.

I needed something comforting and non challenging this evening g, so I am trying Rania J’s Lavande 44, from a sample. It is STRONG, as are the other Rania Js I have tried. No longevity problems here. It has a great barbershop accord, too. I have trouble finding lavenders I like enough to wear regularly, Jicky being the an exception, and I like Elizabeth Arden’s Green Tea Lavender, though it is more EA Green Tea than lavender in although I hear that Chanel’s Boy Extrait is good. Anyone have a recommendation for a powdery lavender comfort musk? I’d love to find something more like that.
    "Put on some red lipstick, and live a little."--Dita Von Teese
    current avatar: the incomparable Gary Numan ❤️❤️❤️

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by khanada View Post
    ...I have trouble finding lavenders I like enough to wear regularly, Jicky being the an exception, and I like Elizabeth Arden’s Green Tea Lavender, though it is more EA Green Tea than lavender in although I hear that Chanel’s Boy Extrait is good. Anyone have a recommendation for a powdery lavender comfort musk? I’d love to find something more like that...
    Have you ever tried Caron Pour un Homme? It's got lots of vanilla, with the lavender, but the combination is super-comforting and powdery. I miss my bottle and to be honest I wore it just as much as Jicky. I assume you've smelled Jicky's younger brother? Mouchoir de Monsieur?

ineespenes - great pic!

Today I wore Boreal by Pineward Perfumes, the very last of my sample.

Lovely stuff. Think forest pine, dense with a cool whiff of mentholated eucalyptus (or is it mint?). Definitely one from this line that I could see wearing in Miami, in the warm weather.
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood
    Currently wearing: Miyako by Auphorie

Smell Good, Feel Good

SOTA

SOTE

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour...you’re gonna see some serious s***. ~ Dr. Emmett Brown, “Back To The Future”

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread