Code of Conduct

Default Basenote collective perfume

So . nige from Germany asked a question that blue me off and gave me an idea. How about we make a base one collective perfume. Gathers all our minds, skills, knowledge, work time, ingredients, and some effort . And we can slowly start building a basenote collective perfume.
    We can start with a WhatsApp(or signal) or just have a forum dedicated to this under the diy label. (Or just a thread?) Have one of the veteran members be in charge of it gather and lead the project. .. who know where it can go? It might end up as an amazing perfume on a mass market shelf with an unbelievable story behind it ?
    What do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by refael_sakura; 14th January 2021 at 05:10 PM.
    Currently wearing: Y by Yves Saint Laurent

Default Re: Basenote collective perfume

That’s a wonderful idea, would love to be part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferntim View Post
    Thatís a wonderful idea, would love to be part of that.
    Excellent. If you or others have ways to define, design, or upgrade the idea. Please do

Good idea. I'll follow the thread and see if I'm capable of contributing something in the future.

Interesting idea. I don't personally have the capability to imagine the logistics and structure of it all though. Good luck on this endeavour refael_sakura! I hope your idea works out I'll be on the sidelines though.
    Jamie O'Brien

Wearing Perfume Right Now

One problem with this kind of project could be that not everyone thinks an 80s-style masculine is the way to go.

I think it could be run very similar to a contest but much simpler. Need to agree on a theme then have people put forth line items, then build on them. Maybe something similar to open source workflow. Maybe to make it a bit more structured once theme is agreed then decide on accords and people can work in their area and on combining. For example I vote aromatic herbal, fresh watery sillage monster that is unisex. Like a wet wind across a field blew in when someone opened a door. Accords can be perfume base like musks and ambroxan, herbal, fresh. 30 line items, 10 per accord to keep quality controlled. I put forth 3% helional, 4% ambroxan, 1% Dhm, and canthoxal. Etc.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

I vote for no cashmeran and lots of patchouli.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    One problem with this kind of project could be that not everyone thinks an 80s-style masculine is the way to go.
    We can start debating on it... maybe start one male one female? Keep one modern and one oldish style?

Quote Originally Posted by RSG View Post
    I think it could be run very similar to a contest but much simpler. Need to agree on a theme then have people put forth line items, then build on them. Maybe something similar to open source workflow. Maybe to make it a bit more structured once theme is agreed then decide on accords and people can work in their area and on combining. For example I vote aromatic herbal, fresh watery sillage monster that is unisex. Like a wet wind across a field blew in when someone opened a door. Accords can be perfume base like musks and ambroxan, herbal, fresh. 30 line items, 10 per accord to keep quality controlled. I put forth 3% helional, 4% ambroxan, 1% Dhm, and canthoxal. Etc.
    I love of like the idea of doing a unisex... Great idea. Let's continue