Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Icy Cold Fragrance That Resembles the Coldness of Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    It's only available from SIXTEEN92.COM. An artisinal perfume house, one my favorites. She sells direct only. She rotates her stock frequently and sells out too, but then brings them back. She releases a new set of perfumes and offers a sample set every quarter plus Halloween.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thank you for the heads up!
    Currently wearing: Kalan by Parfums de Marly

Malle - L'eau d'Hiver - of course! maybe it's too obvious, but I feel it does match the name, there is an icy coolness about it, but also a bit powdery, reminds me of one of the super white big clouds you get on a sunny day when the air is cold

CDG Blue Series also has a cold feeling to me. I have Blue Santal, the juniper berry reallly lends an icy aspect to this.

I love Zagorsk but does it "smell like winter"? No.

To me, winter = very cold crisp dry air, piercing and burning in your nostrils. Simulating such a sensation would require a composition that probably couldn't have been done even in pre-IFRA times, lol.
    My Most Worn by Decade
    90's: YSL Jazz
    00's: Clinique Happy for Men
    10's: Armani Code Sport
    20's: Aramis Havana, L'eau Bleue d'Issey, Fahrenheit

Another vote to Boreal from Pineward. Minty pine with the most amazing drydown.

One that I would suggest is 4160 Tuesdays Doe In the Snow.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Also, be aware that many items take an appreciable amount of time to prepare. I ordered 2 fragrances on 12/9/21 and they still are not ready to ship. I’ve only received 1 email confirmation of the order, which gives you a link to check order status. There is a note at the top of the main page which states most orders ship within 28 days and there’s a note under their “processing times” page that states they’re currently processing orders placed from 11/25-12/10. Ironically, the fragrances I ordered showed in stock at the time of order. So I’m assuming it has simply taken them 49 days +/- to begin pulling inventory and packaging stuff processed from around the time I ordered. But I’m unsure as it wasn’t clear if the had to make it to order or if it was actually bottled and on a shelf.

Now let me say that all isn’t a gripe, as I went into Sixteen92 expecting not to receive my order for at least 1-2 months. But everyone should simply be aware of the commitment before they spend the money. Personally, I look very forward to getting an email stating that my order has shipped and then subsequently trying them out!
    Yep, all valid. I've always felt she needed more help, but I believe she does it all herself. I guess that is how she manages her company finances, to stay in business. I could be wrong but even when it says in-stock, I believe in her case it means the ingredients are in her stock and she makes each fragrance as they are ordered. At least, that's the impression that I've gotten over the years. Or perhaps she makes small batches together.

A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by Hermès

Creed Himalaya always reminds me of crisp, cool mountain air.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheapimitation View Post
    Malle - L'eau d'Hiver - of course! maybe it's too obvious, but I feel it does match the name, there is an icy coolness about it, but also a bit powdery, reminds me of one of the super white big clouds you get on a sunny day when the air is cold
    Excellent call on the Malle. It is indeed a cold refreshing scent.

Let me also add a long time favorite of mine Silver Mountain Water from Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapimitation View Post

CDG Blue Series also has a cold feeling to me. I have Blue Santal, the juniper berry reallly lends an icy aspect to this.
    +1 for CdG’s Blue line for a “cold” effect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Yep, all valid. I've always felt she needed more help, but I believe she does it all herself. I guess that is how she manages her company finances, to stay in business. I could be wrong but even when it says in-stock, I believe in her case it means the ingredients are in her stock and she makes each fragrance as they are ordered. At least, that's the impression that I've gotten over the years. Or perhaps she makes small batches together.

I believe you’re exactly correct. I truly can’t wait to try out the fragrances!
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Silver Mountain Water!

Quote Originally Posted by LatinNote View Post
    :

1) Cold and Icy- like snow and icicles, which would LAST from the initial spray to the drydown. Maybe even include a metallic note and/or menthol note?

2) Crisp and refreshing- no not for summer! Something that smells like the crisp winter air and cold water (creek, lake, or river).

3) Maybe include a pine tree note that is not overpowering or cloying.
    Porsche Design - The Essence
    ----- Selling what's left of my clearout as a discovery set for 40€, 28 scents. (updated 20 Jan 2021) -----

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    ...Gris Clair
    Quote Originally Posted by incense+heliotrope View Post
    Comme des Garcons Zagorsk (cold snowy landscape with forest : hinoki, violet (metallic-ish)/iris, incense; good longevity, but not massive projection)...
    Yep, these ^
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Quote Originally Posted by MuskyCat View Post
    Another vote to Boreal from Pineward. Minty pine with the most amazing drydown.
    I thought about giving Boreal a shot but it doesn't appear they use spray bottles, of which is my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I'm looking for crisp COLD (not cool) mountain air. Also, I tried Silver Mountain Water. Not impressed- a bit too perfumey for me. I was hoping it would be a bit more biting; sharper, but it had a bit too much creaminess and flowery smell to it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Yep, these ^
    I'm trying so hard to be patient for my sample of Gris Clair to arrive. DANG USPS! According to the tracking info, it was in Dallas, TX on January 4th. Now it's "in transit" since January 10th with no update still. That's 10 days and counting!

I believe this is discontinued now, but I'll mention it to you anyway, in case you want to be on the lookout for it.

Ordinarily, I would recommend this fragrance for warmer temperatures, but if you're wanting a cooling/invigorating fragrance for winter, one that will definitely do the job is Humiecki & Graef Eau Radieuse. It's a burst of fresh citrus and mint, and is as cool, clean and tingling as it gets. As Buysblind most aptly described it.....it's "an icy cold hyper-mentholated burst of camphorous mint and citrus notes get this one off to a rollicking start."

Someone also mentioned Creed Silver Mountain Water, and I would agree. Again, SMW is typically a warm weather fragrance, but it can cut through the icy cold of winter better than anything I know. It will make the fillings in your teeth ache, it's so cold and metallic.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

For me it would be:

Geir Ness. This stuff packs a punch and I remember way back when it had a bit of a following on Basenotes. The reviews say it all about this Norwegian fragrance. Its a risky blind buy though. I was impressed with it, but at the same time did not like to wear it as a SotD. Thank goodness I got a sample .
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Pomegranate Noir, Midnight in Paris EDP, Feeling Man, Essence of John Galliano, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Aramis Calligraphy Rose, Penhaligon's Esprit de Roi, PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I'm looking for crisp COLD (not cool) mountain air. Also, I tried Silver Mountain Water. Not impressed- a bit too perfumey for me. I was hoping it would be a bit more biting; sharper, but it had a bit too much creaminess and flowery smell to it for me.
    Have you tried Xerjoff Mefisto? It's similar Silver Mountain Water but slightly more refined IMO.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Have you tried Xerjoff Mefisto? It's similar Silver Mountain Water but slightly more refined IMO.
    I've heard of that one. Would you kindly explain how it's more refined to you? In what way? I'm not a big fan of SMW so I'm a bit leery. No disrespect to the SMW fans.

Was going to post this too. It also works great in any season too which is a bonus.

I've heard of that one. Would you kindly explain how it's more refined to you? In what way? I'm not a big fan of SMW so I'm a bit leery. No disrespect to the SMW fans.
    It’s like SMW minus the metallic and blackcurrent/tea notes. I actually prefer SMW. Mefisto feels more like a summer fragrance to me.

Quote Originally Posted by emtee View Post
    It’s like SMW minus the metallic and blackcurrent/tea notes. I actually prefer SMW. Mefisto feels more like a summer fragrance to me.
    That makes sense. Thank you!

Basenotes Plus

Favorite cold scent:
    L'Air des Alpes Suisses by Andy Tauer
    https://www.basenotes.net/ID26159736.html

Good backup:
    Russian Leather by Memo Paris
    https://www.basenotes.net/ID26149767.html

It's called Himalaya for a reason. Your perception may very well be that is is cold. Maybe I could have better described it as cold.

It's called Himalaya for a reason. Your perception may very well be that is is cold. Maybe I could have better described it as cold.
    Point taken. Thank you.